LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Colts to Release Peyton Manning

Old 03-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
Colts to Release Peyton Manning

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...ning-wednesday

What are your thoughts on this football fans?
Old 03-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Not a good decision IMO. He still has a few years on him and he can most likely play very well.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTac07 View Post
Not a good decision IMO. He still has a few years on him and he can most likely play very well.
My thoughts exactly. I think he would have been a good mentor to Luck as well
Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
I'm bummed. Been a Colts fan for 20 years, and the last 7-8 years are the best the Colts have ever been. I will still be a Colts fan though, even if they do go 0-16 again.

In all honesty though, Peyton is not dependable to be 100% anymore. Seeing on how expensive he is, it probably is a better decision in the long run to start building up again. Also, they didn't want to waste their 1st round draft pic.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw154 View Post
My thoughts exactly. I think he would have been a good mentor to Luck as well
Yes, they should at least pay him a little to mentor Luck, its in their best intrest considering they went 2-14 without him
Old 03-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #6

jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post
I'm bummed. Been a Colts fan for 20 years, and the last 7-8 years are the best the Colts have ever been. I will still be a Colts fan though, even if they do go 0-16 again.

In all honesty though, Peyton is not dependable to be 100% anymore. Seeing on how expensive he is, it probably is a better decision in the long run to start building up again. Also, they didn't want to waste their 1st round draft pic.
Yeah. They say he as been throwing well but I'm wondering what is going to happen when he gets hit by a 300 pound lineman. I see a bright future for the Colts with Luck though
Old 03-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #7
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Guess I'll be the hater here. I say GRBR to Peepee Manning. Always thought of him as one of the most overrated scrotes in the game.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
just sittin' in the corner, havin' a beer
eastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
eastcoastcowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Colts fan here.

I have no problem seeing Manning go at this point. His capability is still an unknown. Yes, he probably has a couple really good years left in him, but it's not certain enough at this point to drop the 28M bonus.

Bring in Luck, hand him the reins, and ask him what else he needs. Don't expect the kid to pick up and run with Manning's offence. It will take some time to build a team around him, and there will be some cleaning house involved.

If everybody insists on keeping Manning to groom the upstart QB, then pass on Luck and take RGIII. He'd be the better choice in that position. But Luck is ready to play now. He's probably not going to show you a 14-2 season, but we'll be heading in the right direction.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
Victoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant futureVictoria2657 has a brilliant future

Name: Valentina
Victoria2657's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Victoria2657 Send a message via Skype™ to Victoria2657
Hopefully the 49ers pick him up! Go NINERS!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #10
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah....Colts will pick up Luck for sure. He is the most "NFL ready" quarterback to come through in a long time. He runs the offense just like Peyton does. Walks up to the line with 3 plays, reads the defense and calls the play. Hate to see Peyton go, but happy at the same time, I know some teams that could use him...*cough cough the Dolphins *cough cough
Old 03-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #11

jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria2657 View Post
Hopefully the 49ers pick him up! Go NINERS!
I'm a Niners fan too, but I would rather see Alex smith as QB next year
Old 03-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #13

jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
Well I guess he has officially been released.

http://www.nfl.com/
Yeah I watched a little bit of the press conference today
Old 03-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #14
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
I am not a colts fan but like peyton. I hope he goes to another team and does better than he did for the colts.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #15
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
I am not a colts fan but like peyton. I hope he goes to another team and does better than he did for the colts.
Yeah as a Giants fan I do too just as long as it is in the AFC.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #16
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
They were just saying on the radio that one of the teams that's potentially interested in him are my Seahawks. Man I hope this doesn't happen! The thought of having to root for this scumbag makes me ill. I'd rather have another half-assed season with TJ than to win with Peepee at the helm.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #17
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post
They were just saying on the radio that one of the teams that's potentially interested in him are my Seahawks. Man I hope this doesn't happen! The thought of having to root for this scumbag makes me ill. I'd rather have another half-assed season with TJ than to win with Peepee at the helm.
Not a Peyton fan I take it.

I think the front runner sounds like Miami followed by Arizona.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #18
Thermonuclear Protection
478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

478DblSport's Tacoma Gallery
Bobbb!? Wow, pretty sure I've never met a Peyton hater? Any specific reason? I'm hearing lots about the Phins wanting him... kinda have mixed feelings about that. But if he'll play for an incentive laden contract I guess I'm OK with that. I think the only reason they're talking about Seattle & Miami is because he owns homes in those areas.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #19
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTac07 View Post
True, but it isnt worth the 28 million dollar risk. If they kept him they have to pay the 28mil bonus even if he never plays again.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #20
smuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud of
Name: CR
smuggiesrider's Tacoma Gallery
Should they have kept him for a season or 2 more to show their loyalty to the man that re-invented their franchise? Definitely!!!!!
Is the gamble worth 28 million? Definitely NOT!!!
They should have found a way to pay him like 15 mil for 2 years with incentive bonuses.
Football as a whole looses by Manning playing for anyone else but the colts.

Spoken from a die hard Bronco fan (yes I know the history with these 2 teams)