LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Good Idead / Bad Idea ?

Old 12-15-2008, 09:44 AM   #1
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
Good Idead / Bad Idea ?

So when I'm not working my M-F 7-5 job I am instructing (830-4, Sat & Sun) and skiing at the local hill, 7 Springs in Champion, PA.

I've got a crazy idea...
It's 50 minutes to my gf's dorm (closed until Jan 5), 90 minutes to my house and about 60 minutes to my buddies place in Squirrel Hill. I love driving the Tacoma but hate the early morning/late evening back and forths. I think I am going to try sleeping in the bed, under the tonneau, with my 2.5" PrimaLoft pad and a The North Face 0 Degree synthetic bag.

Thoughts? Prayers? Suggestions?
Old 12-15-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taconinja View Post
So when I'm not working my M-F 7-5 job I am instructing (830-4, Sat & Sun) and skiing at the local hill, 7 Springs in Champion, PA.

I've got a crazy idea...
It's 50 minutes to my gf's dorm (closed until Jan 5), 90 minutes to my house and about 60 minutes to my buddies place in Squirrel Hill. I love driving the Tacoma but hate the early morning/late evening back and forths. I think I am going to try sleeping in the bed, under the tonneau, with my 2.5" PrimaLoft pad and a The North Face 0 Degree synthetic bag.

Thoughts? Prayers? Suggestions?
Yup agree that's crazy but..... thats me, did some crazy stuff myself.

I did my fair share of winter training in Valcartier Quebec, Ft. Drum, Gagetown etc. its the sweating, you gotta stay dry, good gear, poly pro, headgear, change your socks, dress in layers, breatheable material not cotton whatsoever. Once your wet your toast. Once I'm cold its so hard to warm back up 10 min seem like 10 hours. Thats me. I still do the winter sports but go to any lengths to where the heaters are & still follow what I listed for ya.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt do it, but that cuz im a puss when it comes to the cold!

GO for it!!!! DO IT