Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Bicycle Recommendation

Old 03-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Bicycle Recommendation

Hey guys I need a little help with buying a new bike and I think yall might be able to help me out cause i have no idea where to start.

I'll be using the bike mostly to ride to and from my classes but I also want to use it to go offroading. It will need to be able to jump curbs, take some abuse, but I also don't want to be drenched in sweat after pushing full mountain bike tires for 5 minutes.

I'm trying to keep it under $400 which I know isn't much for a bike, but I'm not looking to get the rolls royce of bikes.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Got a free bike from my brother, trek 820

Old 03-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
With so many choices on bikes its certainly exhausting. Consider putting that $400 towards a used bike. Youll be able to get a much better bike than new and if you know some basic mechanics you can tune it up easily and cheaply. CL or Kijiji is your new best friend. Good luck.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfast View Post
With so many choices on bikes its certainly exhausting. Consider putting that $400 towards a used bike. Youll be able to get a much better bike than new and if you know some basic mechanics you can tune it up easily and cheaply. CL or Kijiji is your new best friend. Good luck.
Yea I'm looking to get a good starter bike thats used. Still doing research before I drop some cash. Thanks for the input
Old 03-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had decent luck with KHS bikes. But dont expect to thrash them too much..
Old 03-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #6
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look of those and the price even more, added to the list...thanks
Old 04-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Well my brother gave me his trek 820 cause he never rode it, i got lucky!!

Old 04-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Gary Fisher