Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Hunting/Fishing mods

Old 03-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Hunting/Fishing mods

ok like it says. (i searched but stuff is all over the lace) post what mods you have done for hunting or fishing. like rod holders or anything.

i want to do rod holders bad.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump. idk. what mods you could do for hunting. but i’m sure their are some i’m just not thinking of them.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
as far as huntin goes the only thing i can think of is a gun rack. mostly because you cant hunt from a vehicle. you can make fishing rod holders on the side of the bed for transporting rods. keeps em from gettin all tangled and creating a huge mess
Old 03-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
Made in Maine.... Yessah bub!
JNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Ensign
Name: Jake
JNome's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Auto-...3Bcat104558580

I know they are cheap but best damn seat covers I have bought for a vehicle... Made of heavy ripstop material and when they are dirty, throw them in the wash and they come out like new.... Just don't tell the wife, mom, or whoever that they went in covered in deer blood, fish guts, etc..
Old 03-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
stump thumper
ruler1 is a jewel in the roughruler1 is a jewel in the roughruler1 is a jewel in the rough
ruler1's Tacoma Gallery
My grandfather hunts from his Toyota truck. He has 3 rear view mirrors set up to watch different shooting lanes behind him. He also has a winch with a swing arm in the bed that allows him to drag the deer and load in the truck despite how feeble age has made him. He does not hunt alone anymore as he is nearing the very end of his life but he is able to get out a few times a year because of his truck and mods done over the years. My uncle built the winch/swing arm. I will try to dig up a pic on the net.

Searching for a pic I found a diagram on this Texas site. This is the style Hoist/skinning/dragging/loading platform my grandfather uses.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/for...pics/2785209/1
Old 03-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I plan on going truck hunting too, as soon as I invest in a plate bumper....

Just kidding. That swing arm winch is a good idea.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
as far as huntin goes the only thing i can think of is a gun rack. mostly because you cant hunt from a vehicle. you can make fishing rod holders on the side of the bed for transporting rods. keeps em from gettin all tangled and creating a huge mess
only other hunting thing i can think of is, something to help you get a deer or what ever in the bed.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler1 View Post
My grandfather hunts from his Toyota truck. He has 3 rear view mirrors set up to watch different shooting lanes behind him. He also has a winch with a swing arm in the bed that allows him to drag the deer and load in the truck despite how feeble age has made him. He does not hunt alone anymore as he is nearing the very end of his life but he is able to get out a few times a year because of his truck and mods done over the years. My uncle built the winch/swing arm. I will try to dig up a pic on the net.

Searching for a pic I found a diagram on this Texas site. This is the style Hoist/skinning/dragging/loading platform my grandfather uses.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/for...pics/2785209/1
nice. me and dad hunt together.

i may look at that link.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa blaster View Post
this is what my truck is built for I'll post pics of the inside of cap, 4rod holder on roof,wader hanger,gonna have some type of 2 gun rack over head also....... awsome thread
nice. i plan on doing rod holders. yesterday i have my 7í rod in the bed at an angel and it was bending it pretty bad. iím going to do 2 holders. since my one friend goes with me allot and we just take my truck.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #11
pa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
pa blaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
ok like it says. (i searched but stuff is all over the lace) post what mods you have done for hunting or fishing. like rod holders or anything.

i want to do rod holders bad.
i have berkley holders mounted in my cap plus the clothes/wader hanger & getting two gun rack for it also I'll never b w/out my shit again
Old 03-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #12

guys with fishing rod holders. do you think it would be ok going dow interstate at say 70 or80?
Old 03-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #13

Quote:
i have berkley holders mounted in my cap plus the clothes/wader hanger & getting two gun rack for it also I'll never b w/out my shit again
got a pic of your set up? and what are berkley holders? lol
Old 03-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #15

Quote:
mines inside so yea, i am gonna build something for fly rod on top for quick drives from spot to spot & should be able to handle what ever speed i go not should it will case i want to jump on i-80
yeah. i donít have a cap. i was looking at rod holders at wal mart and may get 2 of them. than make something that attaches them to the rail. hell may just bolt them to the 40 MM ammo can i have that iím going to put back there.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #16
pa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
pa blaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
yeah. i don’t have a cap. i was looking at rod holders at wal mart and may get 2 of them. than make something that attaches them to the rail. hell may just bolt them to the 40 MM ammo can i have that i’m going to put back there.
im headed to camp in a few waiting on ups guy i'll post pics tonight w/ my whole set up
Old 03-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
I am going to have to do something because I sometimes bring anywhere from 3 to 6 rods when fishing. I have seen some nice setups on the fishing thread. I have seen some in there that I would actually put on my truck.
yeah i just got some holders from wal mart for $5 each tonight. got to get bolts and stuff. iím just doing 2 holders for now.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
I just saw one where the guy put 2 of them together at an angle and mounted it to the bed rails. Not a bad idea. I have not seen rod holders in the walmarts in my area. But I have a Gander Mountain so I will have to look there.
yeah i think iím going to do one on each side of bed. and Gander Mountain should have them as well. may pay a little more. to me their prices are kinda high. i like bass pro better.