Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

OFFICIAL Dirt Bike BS Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #301
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Andre Villa

Old 06-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #302
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Pages flair

WTF
Old 06-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #303
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
WTF
Right? And Kenny Bartram was just saying there are rumors of a triple back flip!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:08 AM   #305
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
glad i found this thread.

I have a guy coming this morning to trade his '04 YZ 250 for my '05 crf250r.

His yz has the original sprockets and chain, and looks too damn clean for an '04, pretty psyched!!

I am hopping off of the 4-joke bandwagon...haha. 4 strokes are just too boring to ride, and the cost of maintenance has driven me away...

Will get some pics of all the toys too.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #306
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post

His yz has the original sprockets and chain, and looks too damn clean for an '04, pretty psyched!!

I am hopping off of the 4-joke bandwagon...haha. 4 strokes are just too boring to ride, and the cost of maintenance has driven me away...

cool bud!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #307
Señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post

Have you owned a 4-stroke 450? I agree I love 2-strokes for certain things but power is not one of them. A modern 450 4-stroke motor is far from boring
Old 06-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #308
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Have you owned a 4-stroke 450? I agree I love 2-strokes for certain things but power is not one of them. A modern 450 4-stroke motor is far from boring
I have ridden one. I was fun...just not as fun a a 2 stroke.

There is no way you can say a 250 2 stroke doesn't have a lot of power....

And I just want to avoid the $2000 rebuilds
Old 06-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #309
Señor member

They do have a lot of power but not compared to a 450, I have been riding 250 and up for 15 years so I am pretty used to it. Next to a 450 4-stroke they don't even compare in usable power. They have their advantages like the ease of working on them, and weight, but like I said power is not their strong point. I guess I just don't consider any motorcycle boring to ride
Old 06-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #310
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
gonna be getting my bike ready to head out to glendive, MT in a couple weeks! so stoked to be doing real riding again. Thinkin' of setting my bike up like an fmx bike too. Tall bars because i'm a stand-up rider, chopped fenders to avoid breaking them if i loop out, a 52 sprocket over my current 49 to get me up those hills (i ride a 125), and a chopped seat just because. NO holes in my airbox though...doubt i'll be doing seatgrabs any time soon . This will all happen after I get they two torn down bikes in my garage running again for my buddies.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #311
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

speaking of torn down bikes...here they are.

03 yz 125 that blew the skirt off the piston= crank bearings, top end, and other misc stuff because the kid beat the piss out of it.

'86 xr250 that broke a valve

Old 06-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #312
Señor member

Aron Harvey

Brett Cue

Old 06-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #313
Dirty mall crawler

never quite understood how the hell anyone can do wheelies like that... and I thought I was cool being able to pull up in 3rd and ride one all the way through 6th on my 125.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #314
Señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
never quite understood how the hell anyone can do wheelies like that... and I thought I was cool being able to pull up in 3rd and ride one all the way through 6th on my 125.
Go slow, go too far and drag the brake. That is passed the point of balance
Old 06-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #315
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Go slow, go too far and drag the brake. That is passed the point of balance
There's a clear plastic wheel that is holding them up
Old 06-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #316
Señor member

Lol I wish it was that easy. I'm not so good at the slow ones, I drag my brake too much and it snaps down too fast
Old 06-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #317

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They do have a lot of power but not compared to a 450, I have been riding 250 and up for 15 years so I am pretty used to it. Next to a 450 4-stroke they don't even compare in usable power. They have their advantages like the ease of working on them, and weight, but like I said power is not their strong point. I guess I just don't consider any motorcycle boring to ride
yeah, you are right. The modern 4 strokes have that "roll on power" that the smokers don't have. I already miss it.

But, I just love the feeling of that 2 stroke 250 hitting, and pulling your arms out of your sockets. Nothing like it.

I have my 2012 DRZ400, that will be my thumper for now...but of course it doesn't have the power that a 450 has.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:07 AM   #318
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Sharing my day lol

Went out riding today. First time out in a monthish, first time jumping again in a year. Right out the gate managed to fucking lawn dart myself into the up hill side of the landing to this Jump I was trying. You jump up the first hill, gap the trail then land up hill of the next little hill. Apparently 2nd topped out wasn't good enough because I just plow my front end into the ground and eat it. Fucked up the insides of both knees and my right side hip is sore as shit lol. Certainly bruised bad, can't hardly lay on it. Also from projectiling into the hill I messed up the front brake fittin which drained all the fluid...so no front brakes. But fuck it, we came all the way out there in riding.

So I bend back the hand guards and we head out for a trail ride and my buddy in the bike who is leading decides to take us on one of our tight single tracks that the freaking quads can't fit on, so shortly after aleks rips the dam side wall on his front tire. Fucked. They try to buy a patch kit and it doesent work well. So we just played around by the tuck for a while till we were tired of swapping bikes and quads an doing donuts and hitting whoop sections and jumping off stupid shit.

And that was my day lol.

Tomorrow I get to work till 2, hopefully fix my truck, the. Fix my bike I fucked up, then go get more truck parts to sell and get my rack from my buddy.

Anyone know how to remove the rear window on the x cabs?
Old 06-14-2013, 01:15 AM   #319

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
Sharing my day lol

Went out riding today. First time out in a monthish, first time jumping again in a year. Right out the gate managed to fucking lawn dart myself into the up hill side of the landing to this Jump I was trying. You jump up the first hill, gap the trail then land up hill of the next little hill. Apparently 2nd topped out wasn't good enough because I just plow my front end into the ground and eat it. Fucked up the insides of both knees and my right side hip is sore as shit lol. Certainly bruised bad, can't hardly lay on it. Also from projectiling into the hill I messed up the front brake fittin which drained all the fluid...so no front brakes. But fuck it, we came all the way out there in riding.

So I bend back the hand guards and we head out for a trail ride and my buddy in the bike who is leading decides to take us on one of our tight single tracks that the freaking quads can't fit on, so shortly after aleks rips the dam side wall on his front tire. Fucked. They try to buy a patch kit and it doesent work well. So we just played around by the tuck for a while till we were tired of swapping bikes and quads an doing donuts and hitting whoop sections and jumping off stupid shit.

And that was my day lol.

Tomorrow I get to work till 2, hopefully fix my truck, the. Fix my bike I fucked up, then go get more truck parts to sell and get my rack from my buddy.

As far as the rear window, I think you just have to pull out the outside seal and the window pops out...but dont take my word 100%.

I spent part of yesterday cleaning up the 04 yz250 I picked up. Will get some pics tomorrow.

The thing is clean...has the original OEM graphics, chain, sprockets. Only issue is some oxidation on the fork anodizing...have some forks off ebay on the way.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #320
Señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
The rear window just pushes out from the inside. You want someone on the outside to help but start pushing at the bottom corner (either side) and have the other person pry lightly on the frame in the same spot from the outside. It seems wrong but once you get the first corner to pop out it is easy from there.

To reinstall wrap a piece of string (thicker than kite string but not a rope) all the way around the molding with the ends hanging from the bottom. Insert of of the bottom edges in first and then use the string to pull from the inside to pull the lip of the molding back into place, again the last part will be the hardest