Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

OFFICIAL Dirt Bike BS Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #342
braaAAAP
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
shipps's Tacoma Gallery

Old reliable 1 & 2

1998 CR250 2 stroke...as the saying goes, "If you ain't mixing gas, you ain't kickin ass"
Old 08-19-2013, 02:33 AM   #343
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
My buddies trying to seel his 05 kx250f, he wants to get something street legal. Any suggestions? He found a kawi dual sport, not sure what model, 2012 with 200 miles for 4500 at a local dealer.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:19 AM   #344
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
My buddies trying to seel his 05 kx250f, he wants to get something street legal. Any suggestions? He found a kawi dual sport, not sure what model, 2012 with 200 miles for 4500 at a local dealer.
Can't beat a suzuki drz400. The kawi DS is a 250 and would be a dog on the street. My drz400 cruises pretty well. Its a great dual sport.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #345
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
Can't beat a suzuki drz400. The kawi DS is a 250 and would be a dog on the street. My drz400 cruises pretty well. Its a great dual sport.
That's what I thought but wasn't sure. I told him if he wants anything street legal to get at least a 400. He was actually looking at the drz as well. He got into school 45 mins away and wants something that gets better mileage than his 98 yota
Old 08-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #346
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
That's what I thought but wasn't sure. I told him if he wants anything street legal to get at least a 400. He was actually looking at the drz as well. He got into school 45 mins away and wants something that gets better mileage than his 98 yota
45 mins is a bit far to traverse on a true dual sport bike like the drz400. I commute 30 mins on my drz400 and get a bit uncomfortable towards the end. But long commutes are certainly possible on the drz400 or other dual sport bike with some comfort mods like bars, seat, etc.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #347
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjaH-...lBkmVWdpmHXP_A
Old 11-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #348
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipps View Post

Old reliable 1 & 2

1998 CR250 2 stroke...as the saying goes, "If you ain't mixing gas, you ain't kickin ass"
Lol fawker!! IM trying to ell my yz250f for a yz250. But it's still all about the rider!! ;p
Old 11-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #349
BenBuser is on a distinguished road
Name: Ben
BenBuser's Tacoma Gallery
Stumbled across this thread. Id really like to get a soft topper / shell for my truck but i dont know what i would do about hauling bikes. I try to ride as much as i can so i think im gonna stay shell less.

My 10 Tacoma and 02 YZ250

Old 11-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #350
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Versahaul. Goes in the hitch. Works like a champ.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #351
spark4 is on a distinguished road
spark4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenBuser View Post
Stumbled across this thread. Id really like to get a soft topper / shell for my truck but i dont know what i would do about hauling bikes. I try to ride as much as i can so i think im gonna stay shell less.

My 10 Tacoma and 02 YZ250

I have a bestop, I just fold it down when I haul my bikes. or anything else that requires it. Thats the beauty of it.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #352
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Versahaul. Goes in the hitch. Works like a champ.
truth best on market......
i was rocking one for many years....
Old 11-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #353
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark4 View Post
I have a bestop, I just fold it down when I haul my bikes. or anything else that requires it. Thats the beauty of it.
That's what I was gonna say before reading your reply. He can just get a softtopper that is able to fold down for his bikes. I was thinking of doing the same.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #354
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
any ideas what this could be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w_L2...ature=youtu.be
Old 12-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #355
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
its either something rattling ..best case scenario
or sound maybe like some piston slap
but its real hard to tell from a video
g/l
Old 12-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #356
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
any ideas what this could be?
No idea. I have a KX250F as well and the only thing can think of is air leak or maybe air filter isn't seated well.

It is really hard to tell from the video.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #357

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
its very hard to tell from the video...

Do you have an aluminum skid plate? If so make sure its tight.

If not, IDK...sorta sounds like you have a crank bearing on the way out.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #358
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
this is to all you warm weather all year long guys.... I AM SO JEALOUS!! i want to ride so bad but have to wait until March.... i hope you know you have it good guys!!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #359
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx SuperFly 25 View Post
this is to all you warm weather all year long guys.... I AM SO JEALOUS!! i want to ride so bad but have to wait until March.... i hope you know you have it good guys!!
little snow and sub zero temps havent stopped me yet. Just have to willing to go down. lol

But, I ride XC so im not to bothered by weather lol.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #360

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx SuperFly 25 View Post
LoL, I went riding last weekend and had to wear a T-shirt in lieu of my jersey because it was so warm. I don't mind it being a bit cool, but damn...80 in december is nuts.

But still enjoying it.