Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

OFFICIAL Dirt Bike BS Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
OFFICIAL Dirt Bike BS Thread

Didn't see one....

I know you guys have them, post up what you got!

I am looking to get another 250 here within the next month. Like the ktm 250 sx, or a yz250. Whatever I can find.

What are you riding?
Old 05-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had four ktm 250s. I currently ride a 2011 250sxf. Its bitchen
Old 05-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
dpalmer619 is a splendid one to beholddpalmer619 is a splendid one to beholddpalmer619 is a splendid one to beholddpalmer619 is a splendid one to beholddpalmer619 is a splendid one to beholddpalmer619 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Derek
dpalmer619's Tacoma Gallery
there to damn expensive or else i would ride one to!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How do you like it? My cousins got a 06 200 XCW that I borrow a lot, and a 05 450 sxf (I think). I love Ktm's. His buddy is selling an 08 200 XCW that I might try to buy off him.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpalmer619 View Post
there to damn expensive or else i would ride one to!
True! Parts aren't cheap either
Old 05-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
SpacemanSpiff02 is on a distinguished road

SpacemanSpiff02's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy has a ktm 250. Extremely nice bike. So expensive though. I gotta finish working on my bike. 1980 maico 440. Such a beast!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #9
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I love the bike, but I feel it may be easier to develop fundamental skills on a japanese bike. Im going to try a kawi sometime this week and see how it is and maybe trade my bikes.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #10
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Cant wait to get my hands on a dirt bike, dont have trailing experience on a dirtbike yet but its damn well cheaper than long travel set up for the truck. Looking at a wr450.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #12
diesel30 is on a distinguished road

diesel30's Tacoma Gallery
I've been riding my 2004 yz250 for a few years and love it. zero issues. 450's are nice but there's a lot more maintenance costs with a 4 stroke. My next bike will be a KTM 300 xc-w. 2 stroke maintenance and reliability, 4 stroke lugging power in the woods and it's got electric start w/ kick start backup. Many magazines rate it as the best all around bike for woods/ desert.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #13
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
I used to ride a KTM 250xc. I loved the bike, it was great in the woods and I could get on the track and do pretty decent. But I sold it to buy things for my truck.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #14
Very nice how much?

Im hoping to get an 08 200 xcw from my cousins buddy. Also found a cheaper kx 250 on craigslist.

Do any of you guys have experience with street legalizing your bikes? That weren't already street legal. I know they just changed the law in Washington like last year saying that offroad motorcycles can be street legalized. I want to be able to just drive on roads rarely, but not worry about getting pulled over.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #17
GoatFiddyone is on a distinguished road

GoatFiddyone's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Yz450 here.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #18
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking bikes guys. Im always going back and forth between wanting a WR or a YZ, I want to do long desert trails so the WR's gearing, fuel capicty and accesories seem like the way to go, but I also want to be able to catch some nice air every now and then, I start wanting a YZ after I think about that. I dont plan on doing track racing, do you guys think the WR will handle some decent jumps fairly well?
Old 05-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #19
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
Great looking bikes guys. Im always going back and forth between wanting a WR or a YZ, I want to do long desert trails so the WR's gearing, fuel capicty and accesories seem like the way to go, but I also want to be able to catch some nice air every now and then, I start wanting a YZ after I think about that. I dont plan on doing track racing, do you guys think the WR will handle some decent jumps fairly well?
Friend of mine has a WR250 and rides it mostly on roads but does take it on trails once in awhile. Another friend of mine had one as well, but he had all the YZ parts to swap out if he wanted. Ie: Gas tank, seat, plastics, fenders, etc. He was going to sell me that, but I had to bail because I needed tires for my truck instead. Wish I would have bought it.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #20

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
Friend of mine has a WR250 and rides it mostly on roads but does take it on trails once in awhile. Another friend of mine had one as well, but he had all the YZ parts to swap out if he wanted. Ie: Gas tank, seat, plastics, fenders, etc. He was going to sell me that, but I had to bail because I needed tires for my truck instead. Wish I would have bought it.
I would have jumped on that deal too if I could, I dont know if this is a good idea or not but I was thinking that getting a WR and swapping on YZ forks and rear shock to it. Is that possible or even worth it?