LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

How do you store your bike (non motorcycle)

Old 07-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
How do you store your bike (non motorcycle)

Living in a 500sqft apartment with your girlfriend, dog, bikes, and random car parts/crap does NOT give you any real room to store anything. Currently, our mountain bikes are in the living room taking up quite a bit of space. I've thought about trying to mount 'em on the wall but not sure where.

How are all my fellow TW members, preferably ones who arent cool and garages, storing their bikes?
Old 07-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
between the couch and a wall worked pretty well
Old 07-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayNnite4 View Post
between the couch and a wall worked pretty well
Already got the bullbar there. I'm working with a small room, maybe 10x12, I'll have to post a pic to show the area I've got to store it in, couldn't explain it well enough otherwise.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Already got the bullbar there. I'm working with a small room, maybe 10x12, I'll have to post a pic to show the area I've got to store it in, couldn't explain it well enough otherwise.
Damn that is a small room. how tall of ceilings?
Old 07-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #6
Lil'Taco has a spectacular aura aboutLil'Taco has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
By getting your priorities straight... The bikes most certainly aren't going outside so get a small storage unit for the auto parts, maybe the GF too. I think my room is roughly 100 sq ft, no dog or GF but its a fraction of the 500 your working with. I plan on hanging the bikes on the wall above where the bed is now and moving the bed under the window and try and get rid of the desk.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #7
tacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacobot's Tacoma Gallery
I lived in a small apartment in SF with roommates and we had waaaayyy too many bikes. We had a few on the walls.

Some of the brands of hooks stick out much further than others (read: watch for bruises) but we had one with a little rail setup, so three road bikes fit vertically stacked on one wall. On another wall, I put giant coated eye hooks in the stud and a bungee may have been involved (earthquake safety, hah).

It's not Martha Stewart or anything but it gets them out of the way & still easy to take out.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #8
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Don't remember where I found this picture but I thought it was cool and saved it... just an idear...