Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Handheld GPS... how much do you use yours?

Old 07-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
TNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Handheld GPS... how much do you use yours?

I am thinking about getting a Garmin for hunting, fishing, hiking and geocaching. How much do you actually use yours? More or less than you thought you would when you bought it.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
If I had one I would use it a lot. Both of my brothers-in-law have them and we use them for geocaching, kayaking, and hiking. If I had one myself, I'd spring for a top of the line one; one bro-in-law has an older one and it was a very nice one when new, the features are lacking now. The other bro-in-law has a much newer waterproof one with topographical maps and a touch color screen. Here's a shot of it:

Not the best picture but you can see we actually use it. I will be asking for one for Christmas this year. Another use for it, at least for me, would be taking it mountain biking to see my average and maximum speeds and my total elevation change.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I don't use mine a tin, but enough to justify it. I use it for hiking, hunting and ice fishing. It's a Garmin 60CSx. Not top of the line, but has plenty of features for me.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
I use my Garmin 62s quite a bit. I still want a nav head unit in the cab for the bigger screen but can't beat the Garmin for accuracy and other features. My favorite is plugging into a computer after I get home and seeing my journey on Google Earth. Makes it so much easier to research an area. There is also something comforting about being able to follow your tracks after the road has forked a bunch of times and it all starts to look the same as the previous turn. I think a Garmin would be perfect for the uses you described.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I have an oregon 450 I use alot for geocaching.