Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Ichiro traded to Yankees....

Old 07-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Ichiro traded to Yankees....

For those from WA and NY, discuss.

Or anyone else who cares
Old 07-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I am a lifelong Mariner fan. It is tough to see him in a Yankee uniform, but to be honest, I don't care. He is at or near the end of his career. He has always been a class act and I wish him well. He has potential to get a ring. We are rebuilding, have been for a while and may be for a lot longer. I am just glad it wasn't Felix!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and maybe he can show A-Rod how to play the game the right way (you know, without cheating)
Old 07-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Good riddance?

Ok, to strong I guess. I never fell in love with Ichiro. I appreciated the way he hit but I don't think he was a good team mate, he wasn't a leader and had no interest in the community. I also think he is greatly over rated. His OBP is garbage, always been subpar for a guy batting .300+.

I do love his defense and his arm, amazing stuff and he plays hard.

All in all, good player but nowhere near a Griffey, Martinez, Buhner or Johnson. I'd even put Wilson and a few others up there ahead of him for top list of mariner greats. He would start on the team tho, LF. Not RF, that's Buhners.

Edit: Plus he was a 38? 39? year old guy eating a roster spot on a go nowhere team. It will be really nice to see more of the young guys ...
Old 07-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Good riddance?

Ok, to strong I guess. I never fell in love with Ichiro. I appreciated the way he hit but I don't think he was a good team mate, he wasn't a leader and had no interest in the community. I also think he is greatly over rated. His OBP is garbage, always been subpar for a guy batting .300+.

I do love his defense and his arm, amazing stuff and he plays hard.

All in all, good player but nowhere near a Griffey, Martinez, Buhner or Johnson. I'd even put Wilson and a few others up there ahead of him for top list of mariner greats. He would start on the team tho, LF. Not RF, that's Buhners.

Edit: Plus he was a 38? 39? year old guy eating a roster spot on a go nowhere team. It will be really nice to see more of the young guys ...
In a press conference this morning they mentioned that the yankee approached them awhile back interested in having him. Now that the mariners are rebuilding the team and its mostly younger guys, ichiro decided that it would be best if he left to a different team. They thought it wasn;'t fair that he be stuck on one team for his whole career and they believe he will make the hall of fame as a Yankee.

As for the antisocial-ness attitude, he has been in seattle for 12 years I believe, and he still doesn't know any english. They had a interpreteur at the press conference to speak for him, so I don't have anything against him as far as connecting with the team or community.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
Old No.7 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
Old No.7's Tacoma Gallery
I wish him luck, I wasn't huge Ichiro fan but I have more good memories of him than bad one's. But it was time for him/us to move on.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
In a press conference this morning they mentioned that the yankee approached them awhile back interested in having him. Now that the mariners are rebuilding the team and its mostly younger guys, ichiro decided that it would be best if he left to a different team. They thought it wasn;'t fair that he be stuck on one team for his whole career and they believe he will make the hall of fame as a Yankee.

As for the antisocial-ness attitude, he has been in seattle for 12 years I believe, and he still doesn't know any english. They had a interpreteur at the press conference to speak for him, so I don't have anything against him as far as connecting with the team or community.
He speaks English fine. It's not perfect, but he can speak it. Just watch him on the base paths chatting with 1st baseman. He's very proud and is afraid of saying something silly in english so he does press conferences etc. in Japanese.

He'll make the hall regardless, he's already in. He'll go in as a Mariner, no debate about that.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Should have done it 3 years ago when he was actually worth something. 2 unproven 25 year old pitchers that are playing AAA and cash.....what a trade