Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

RC Helicopters

Old 07-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
RC Helicopters

Anyone? Saw one for RC cars but not for the airborne.

Currently rocking an MSR X. Thing zips around the house like an angry hornet on bathsalts.

Looking at getting a Walkera 4f200LM eventually.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Don't start this thread! You gonna make me get back into RC heli's!

.... Go on...
Old 07-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
dude I priced one at freaking target (figured cheap POS, but fun right?)

like 60 bucks!

I just wanted something fun while I was couch bound for a few days

never bought 1
Carefull with those cheap ones - they are only 3 channels and will be difficult to fly, and can't hover - robbing you from the pleasure of RC helis. Get at least a 4 channel which will give the ability to hover and add so much more the experience.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
want one but cant afford one
Old 07-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
ill try to remember that
just remember Brock, spend more = more fun.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still messing with my beginner E-Flight Blade CX2. Sold all of my HPI nitro's (Savage, MT2's & EVO) a few years ago and here we go again.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Check out hobbyking.com, I.have found a few on there that look tempting. Bit then again after working at a hobby shop, its hard to accept anything but the real deal and the best
Old 07-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #8
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Everywhere I looked the MSR Xs were priced the same so I bought locally. $155 Ready to Fly. Only ever flown a Co Axial for all of 5 minutes previously. So to say I jumped in the deep end is a bit of a misnomer. I can get the little bastard to hover and zip around the house without too much collateral damage now though. Some of the house plants are a little worse for wear though. But I figured I'd get something that would challenge me for a while, an a Coaxial would just bore me after a week or so. This thing...it's like trying to balance a marble on a glass sheet while jumping up and down on a trampoline.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #9
Sq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud of
Sq0nk's Tacoma Gallery
I'm mostly into planes but thought helicopters would be fun. I started with the Blade 120SR which is fixed pitch. After a hundred or so flights I figured I'd go all in and give collective pitch a try. I picked up the new Blade 130X on Friday. Great little flybarless heli.

I agree with your statement: "it's like trying to balance a marble on a glass sheet while jumping up and down on a trampoline".

They are sensitive compared to planes. It's a heck of challenge which I'm loving so far.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
Sq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud of
Sq0nk's Tacoma Gallery
CP has been a little tough. With the 120SR you can shut the throttle if you get into trouble. With CP that'll put negative pitch on the blades and will force it into the ground. That's where throttle cut comes into play. You can cut the power but still control the pitch.

Right now I've gone back to hovering the heli but practicing forward flight on the sim. Way cheaper to crash and animated heli compared to a really one.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #12
Resident Jackass

Hmm...I might have to look into simming it for a bit. I've done a number on the house plants lately.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #13
Sq0nk's Tacoma Gallery
Same here. My lawn hasn't needed any mowing lately from all the blade strikes
Old 08-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #14
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Just got this today......the cat is gonna love it (not)

http://www.xheli.com/38h-342-discove...li-orange.html
Old 08-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #15
Mr. Noun has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Noun has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Noun has a spectacular aura about
Mr. Noun's Tacoma Gallery
This is sort of on the other end of the price spectrum, but it'd be cool for so many reasons:

http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/Mik...ect=StartSeite
Old 08-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #16
sboyer03 is on a distinguished road
sboyer03's Tacoma Gallery
I'm an RC plane and heli junkie. I mostly fly 450 electric helis, but im 90% done building a 20cc gasoline one.

Thunder Tiger Titan 325E with AH-1 scale fuselage:

Align Trex 450 SE V1

I recently replaced the Trex with a bnf Eflite Blade 450X. The blade cost a fraction of what it cost me to build the Trex, and it flies better!

I'll take a picture of the blade and the Gasser this weekend if anyone is interested.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #18
sboyer03 is on a distinguished road
sboyer03's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the Century Radikal G20 next to a 450 Trex. The Radikal is going to weigh around 11lbs when its done.

Another shot with the canopy on, the rotor blade for the gasser is as long as the whole 450.

I forgot to take a picture of the Blade 450X, but they all look the same anyway
Old 08-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #19
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I picked this up for shits and giggles. It is fantastic! If this is a cheapy, I look forward to a high-end one in the future...
Old 08-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #20
Murman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Murman's Tacoma Gallery
And then when the sun goes down.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iReS2myDpRU