Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Anyone know about sport shirts?

Old 07-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know about sport shirts?

We are creating a team shirt and the choices for shirt are endless. We have gone with a company that has about 40 different styles and brands. Everything from 100% polyester to 95% and 5% elastic to 80% poly.

Then within the same maker they have 2-3 different 100% poly t-shirts.

Does anyone know about these shirts? It's a bit overwhelming. This company has everything from A4, to Badger and even Under Armour. Ranging from $12 printed to $25 for the UA. I usually just wear the champions I get from target or any race shirt we get. Trying to pick from a huge list sucks though. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
What will you be doing in these shirts?

I recently did the same type of thing for a Tough Mudder team. We ended up going with the Nike Pro Combat Hypercool shirts. They are a dri-fit shirt so they helped wick moisture away from you and keep you cool (also dried quickly since we were in and out of water all day).

100% cotton shirts help wick water away from you but take forever to dry so once you're wet, you're going to stay that way for a while.

100% polyester shirts tend to get wet and stick to you. Personally, I'm not a fan of them and I think that's the reason a lot of sport shirt companies are going with poly blends.

FWIW, the Nike shirts were bought were Poly/Spandex blends and worked very well.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, tough mudders, and running/biking.

They don't offer Nike. Pretty much everything else. We were thinking A4 because price is good. Trying to decide between 100% and a mix and brands is hard!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Temperature/time of year makes a big difference. We chose what we did because we did the race in July. We went with the fitted shirts so they wouldn't get in the way through obstacles and when crawling through the mud military style. I wouldn't go 100% cotten regardless, they're just not a good choice for longer races or anything where you'll be in water.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
I would never wear cotton if I was doing any type of physical activity!