LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

recomendations for SUP board

Old 07-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
recomendations for SUP board

Just looking at getting into this and am looking for a good board that is not too expensive.

Where I live it seems like the average price is about 1500.00.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:42 AM   #2
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
What attracts you to stand up paddle boarding?
Old 07-28-2012, 05:52 AM   #3
DLAV is on a distinguished road
Name: Denis
DLAV's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you live in Canada? We are in Saskatoon and just spent a shit load of cash on boards. We bought a Lakeshore Wet Woody Sport and a Tahoe Zephyr. Both are dedicated flat water touring boards and we absolutely love them. We are nowhere near the ocean and will most likely never get a chance to take our boards out there so a board built to Surf or an "all around" board was not really a good choice for us. Our local store here has some demos quite regularly and I've paddled a Surftech Black Tip and was quite impressed with it for the price. It Think the retail for less then $1000 with an adjustable paddle.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSkynyrd View Post
What attracts you to stand up paddle boarding?
We have some amzing lakes out around here in British Columbia. I just like the idea. I also like the core workout it provides.

The other advantage as I can escape the wife and kids for a few hours and have some of my own time to reflect.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAV View Post
Where do you live in Canada? We are in Saskatoon and just spent a shit load of cash on boards. We bought a Lakeshore Wet Woody Sport and a Tahoe Zephyr. Both are dedicated flat water touring boards and we absolutely love them. We are nowhere near the ocean and will most likely never get a chance to take our boards out there so a board built to Surf or an "all around" board was not really a good choice for us. Our local store here has some demos quite regularly and I've paddled a Surftech Black Tip and was quite impressed with it for the price. It Think the retail for less then $1000 with an adjustable paddle.

Live in British Columbia. For me it is mostly going to be lakes and rivers. Under 1000 seems ok. We have a few stores that have opened up and their prices seem to be between 1500-1800. Seems a little high to me.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:25 AM   #6
DLAV is on a distinguished road
Name: Denis
DLAV's Tacoma Gallery
We Paid $1600 for one and 2300 for the other. We didn't plan on spending that much but I only like buying things once. I knew that once i started paddling I would have wished I would have spent the extra cash and got what I actually wanted. I cheeped out a little on my paddle. Now I want a better one. Maybe next year! We went on a four hour river paddle yesterday afternoon and it was amazing. Just remember you usually get what you pay for. I demoed a few cheaper boards and I was really happy with how unstable and how poorly they tracked. It was a little frustrating because you couldn't relax on the board. The Black Tip was surprisingly quite good. It retail for $925 at our local shop.