Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Remote Control Planes

Old 01-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Remote Control Planes

I received an Avion Mini RC airplane for Christmas. I've never had a plane before, but this thing is(was) a lot of fun. It charges up in about 20 minutes and flies for about 15 minutes. It took many crash landings to get the hang of it. Before I knew it, I was able to crash it into my wife just as she was taking a bite of a turkey sandwich. I tried the plane outside and it was too difficult to control with the wind and the roofs getting in the way.

Anyway, a few drunken nights and fan blades later and the plane is no more. Does anyone here know of another fun plane to get?
Old 01-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
You might try the Ember or Vapor. They are ultra light indoor airplanes. They are pretty damn slick.

I happen to have an mCX helo that I am looking to sell, if you might be interested in a remote controlled helicopter.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...elicopter.html

The remote that comes with this helicopter can be bound to those airplanes too.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I fly these things for a living (well sort of at least.. lol)

It depends what you want to get into. Do you just want to fly indoors? Wanna go outside? Interested in helos?

There are thousands of models out there. You're looking for an RTF (Ready to Fly). They come built with all of the electronics installed... ready to go.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I think "Park zone" makes a "Super Cub" for about $160.00 and its a RTF. I have been thinking of getting one of these, since my last plane crashed.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner07 View Post
You might try the Ember or Vapor. They are ultra light indoor airplanes. They are pretty damn slick.

I happen to have an mCX helo that I am looking to sell, if you might be interested in a remote controlled helicopter.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...elicopter.html

The remote that comes with this helicopter can be bound to those airplanes too.
I'm sure that's a nice one, but I'm thinking more around the 30-60 price range. I've heard helos are fun, but are kind of a hassle because they only go forward at a constant rate. I really enjoyed my plane because you could adjust the speed very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
I fly these things for a living (well sort of at least.. lol)

It depends what you want to get into. Do you just want to fly indoors? Wanna go outside? Interested in helos?

There are thousands of models out there. You're looking for an RTF (Ready to Fly). They come built with all of the electronics installed... ready to go.
I wouldn't mind outdoors. I just figure the indoor ones would be cheaper. See above for my helicopter complaints. Yes, I have very little desire to build one. RTF would be ideal (unless it will save me money and or provide a better plane for the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I think "Park zone" makes a "Super Cub" for about $160.00 and its a RTF. I have been thinking of getting one of these, since my last plane crashed.
that seems very uncharacteristic of you Chris. How could you possibly break something that you own?
Old 01-10-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a good place to start:

http://secure.hobbyzone.com/catalog/...rk_flyers_rtf/

Depending on how much you want to get into flying these things, will deterimine how many channels to buy. The more channels, the more "skill" required.

2 Channel: Controls Throttle (Altitude) and Ailerons (roll & turn in the case of wing design)
3 Channel: Same as above but also controls Elevator (speed)
4 Channel: Same as all the above, but also controls the rudder (yaw).

I started on a 4 channel, but then again, it was for my career. Sounds like you will want a 2 or 3 channel to play with.

Happy hunting. Let me know if you have any questions on any particular model.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:27 AM   #7
Corduf24 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bob
Corduf24's Tacoma Gallery
If your really getting serious about the hobby, invest into Real flight 7 simulator. It's very much like the real thing and will save you tons of money $$$$. I believe you can pick it up at Amazon for under $200.