1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Paint Ball -Equipment advise needed

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by BPachom, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Aug 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    BPachom

BPachom [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5, 4cyl 4X4, Black
    Access roll-up tonneau cover, Factory radio W/Sirius, Tailgate clamp, HID head lights, Stainless nerf bars.
    Hello all;

Played my first game of paintball this week and loved it. Interested in purchasing some equipment and thought I should start out with a decent anti-fog goggles.

Any suggestions on what I should look for or consider?
    Is it worth it to buy a fan?

Other suggestions on paintball equipment?

Thanks,
    Bob

2. Aug 4, 2012 at 8:45 AM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    Im getting into it too hopefully soon when the weather cools.....just woodsball and such.....my buddy told me about a place not too far from me that has multiple fields and is catered to woodsball and scenario type games.

check out ultimatepaintball.com or something like that.....it has packages from total entry level(tippman 98 base) all the way up to smart parts pro guns. Im looking at getting the spyder m4 marker and getting a better barrel and air bottle. I shot one a couple weekends ago and it shot real nice and true with the upgraded ceramic barrel. Very light and sturdy.

Dont think im gonna get too crazy as im only playing woodsball once in a while and im getting 2 kits cuz the GF wants to play too.

3. Aug 4, 2012 at 8:59 AM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    I used to be into it, still got all my stuff too. Just start out with a decent setup to make sure you even like the sport to begin with.

4. Aug 4, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    TonkaToyTaco

TonkaToyTaco Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers cranked up with JBA UCA, Rear OME 2" leaf pack with Ride Rite air bags, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 5% up front and 40% on windsheild), Retro color matched HID headlights with Amber Halo, Projector LED Foglight, Custom LED Taillight and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids color matched, Fog light anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, 20" LED bar and 2 LED Pods behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Outlaw Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns, Pedal Commander
    I was all into it but havent had the time and doesnt look like I will be getting any anytime soon. I do have some stuff if you are interested. I have a almost new Angel Fly marker with a high output tank. In original box with receipt and all marker comes with a custom barrel. Ill get rid of it for a great price. PM me if your interested and ill send pics and more specs.

5. Aug 4, 2012 at 9:27 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    smart parts sucks, glad those assholes are gone, serves em right

I never played with a mask

I mean a mask with a fan, I never had issues with fogging though, I'd expect a fan would help

I've been out of paintball for a while but I'm hoping things have gotten cheaper, it was absurdly expensive when I liked to play. I ran an automag classic though lol.

You'll probably want an electro, most of the high end guns come with eyes/anti chop. Get it.

I'm betting Halo B, Empire, Dye are all good loaders and should keep up with most electro guns out there.

As far as Markers check out the invert mini and proto's markers. Unless you want to drop big bucks.

Even with hating smart parts, and being glad they're gone, SP Ion is a pretty good package if you can pick one up pretty cheap. -- really cheap.

Play a few games and see if you're gonna need pods or not.

barrel sock is the way to go none of that gas ass cheap plug crap

oh and obviously HPA/Nitrogen vs C02

Guess that's about all I have. Fun game, just too much $$$ and time.

Edit: I guess if you're interested in slow speeds woodsball and don't want an electro check out automags. The automag r/t with a level 10 is a purely mechanical marker and won't chop, they're pretty damn cool too. Check out automags.org or airgun.com

AGD!

Personally if I had the money, I'd pick up an E-Mag and an invert mini. Both would be a lot of fun and few people would know what your E-Mag was or could do. Probably top it off with a Halo B. Then I'd try to hit the field once or twice a year.

6. Aug 4, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    Stupid hurts.

Stupid hurts. Hoogie boogie!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    So☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    '07 5-Lug Impluse Red Pearl Access Cab 2WD
    American Motorsports Front Long Travel Kit, Total Chaos Rear Dual Shock Hoop Kit, Engage 50T Leaf Pack, Engage Front & Rear Hangers, American Motorsports Shackles
    I would just go with a mask that has a dual pane thermal lens. The mask fans are heavy and from what I hear, they don't work very well.

The new Empire E-Flex just came out and they incorporate parts from 2 of the most popular paintball masks on the market: JT's Proflex and Empire's E-Vents. I myself want to pick up a pair. Here are a few videos about them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoOUCidtsrE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfL5Nh3pBTM

7. Aug 4, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    B1SLYFOX

B1SLYFOX Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Just getting started.
    Got all into it too and now haven't played in about 2 years bought a brand new marker and never even played with it yet. It is an EXPENSIVE hobby. Thinking about trying to sell all my stuff got all the paintball specific camo masks tactical paintball vest. We were mostly into woodsball.

8. Aug 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM
    Stupid hurts.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    So☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    American Motorsports Front Long Travel Kit, Total Chaos Rear Dual Shock Hoop Kit, Engage 50T Leaf Pack, Engage Front & Rear Hangers, American Motorsports Shackles
    Not if you know how to work on them and dial them in. ;)

9. Aug 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM
    CanisLupus

CanisLupus Member since 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Stokesdale | NC
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 Honda Civic Hatchback
    V-Force Profiler or the JT USA ProFlex are the best masks all around. I have had both and I liked the feel and support of the V-Force better IMO. Like others have said, paintball is an expensive hobby so don't drop too many dollars on your initial setup to make sure you really do want to keep playing.

10. Aug 4, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    92LandCruiser

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Let me re-phrase that, and coming from a Mag -- yeah I'm sure I could "dial in" a shocker or an Ion... 10 year olds play with those. But uh...

Smart Parts were assholes, looks like Kee is probably the same way but I don't keep up anymore.

Also...

;)

11. Aug 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM
    BPachom

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    Access roll-up tonneau cover, Factory radio W/Sirius, Tailgate clamp, HID head lights, Stainless nerf bars.
    You guys are awesome! Really, thanks for the information!
    I played at Top Gun in NJ across from Six Flags, and took a quick look at stuff in their store and did realize it is an expensive hobby then and also like most of you, unfortunately will not have a lot of time to play.

I notice the rental gun was SO off on aim, it was like the paint balls had minds of their own and went in all different ways and the goggles/mask kept fogging! So I would at least like to start with my own goggles/mask.

Sounds like I don't need the fan, but definitely need a thermal lens!

Thanks again!

12. Aug 5, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    92LandCruiser

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
  13. Aug 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM
    92LandCruiser

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
  14. Aug 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM
    92LandCruiser

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
  15. Aug 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM
    92LandCruiser

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    check out ebay for people getting rid of shockers and ions as packages. And the invert minis too. Some good deals, prices have come down a lot for better markers, or at least it seems like it.

As you can see in the videos with a quality marker your accuracy will be much more consistent and that is especially true if you use a good paint to barrel match.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  16. Aug 5, 2012 at 1:27 PM
    92LandCruiser

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
  17. Aug 5, 2012 at 6:21 PM
    BPachom

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
  18. Aug 6, 2012 at 7:32 AM
    Stupid hurts.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    So☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    I'd also suggest looking at the B/S/T on PbNation.com. It's a forum catered to paintballers.

19. Aug 6, 2012 at 7:45 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    Great gun to start with. I think you can find them for around $200. I had one and liked it. there are plenty of mods to do to them too.

check Ebay for used paintball stuff

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  20. Aug 6, 2012 at 7:55 AM
    bjhn83

bjhn83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Columbia, MO
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 DCSB Grandpa Shell
    3" Toytec lift, 285/75/16 BFG AT KO's on Pro Comp 7089's, Yellow fog lights, Satoshi
    Don't get a fan, just get double glass and some anti-fog spray if it's still a problem. Fans hardly work and theyre too noisy if you're playing woodsball, you won't be able to hear other players sneaking up on you.
    An Ion marker is a great entry level choice and would probably be the gun I get if I ever got back into paintball :D
    Some cheap fingerless gloves, dew rag or sweatband and an old pair of indestructable camo pants and you're set

Products Discussed in

To Top