Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Going diving tomorrow!

Old 01-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
CAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really nice

CAdiveTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Going diving tomorrow!

6 of us meeting at Breakwater launch in Monterey first thing in the morning, 2 Zodiacs headed around the point towards Carmel.
Weather conditions are supposed to be great! Looking forward to getting wet as I have not been in the water since Thanksgiving. Not sure if I'll take my camera rig, just one less thing to worry about!
This is the first Dive trip that my Taco will be hauling our gear on, about a 2 hour drive down to Monterey.
I'll post some pics tomorrow night.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #4
CAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really nice

CAdiveTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well guys I'm sorry to say but today was a bust.
Weather conditions were great, the boat ran great, visibility was great as I could see our anchor 50' below the boat which in Monterey is rare.
Problem is I didn't dive! Funny thing about dry suits, they only keep water out when you close BOTH zippers. I was too anxious to get ready and roll off the boat, I set up my BC did a buddy check and we rolled in. Within a few seconds my suit started to flood with the nice and chilly 52 degree water quickly filling up my suit. I inflated my BC and quickly got our of my gear and in the boat, the rest of the crew continued on once they new I was ok.
So I sat in the boat watching the bubbles from the other divers. I did get to see 4 Otters cracking crab on their chest while floating in the kelp.
Oh well, lesson learned.
Taco was great, 225 miles round trip. Handled all our gear and then some. It will be nice when I get my rubber bed mat on Monday then my G4 Fold-A-cover hopefully on Tuesday to help secure my gear and keep stuff from sliding around.
My buddy Doug and the Dive Taco

Myself and Waynes boat

Monterey Coast
Old 01-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #5
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Too bad about the wet suit, but it looks like the day turned out pretty good. I bet that 52 degree water felt sweet! I'm jealous because all the water around here is frozen, and it's snowing pretty hard out right now. My boat sits under a cover frozen to the ground. Enjoy!
Old 01-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
There's always tomorrow. bbrrrrrr...must have been a little chilly there for a bit. Glad it all turned out ok anyway......Sure looks beautiful in those pics man...