Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Thinking about moving to Colorado

Old 08-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
10DC4x4 is on a distinguished road
10DC4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking about moving to Colorado

Ok lets see who lives/lived in Colorado and what you think about it.. Me and my wife currently live in charlotte nc and I go out to co every summer but not long enough to get tired of it.. I love how you are able to do more out doors stuff with out driving forever to do it ? any opinions would be appreciated .
Old 08-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
offroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Jared
offroadwonder's Tacoma Gallery
Stop thinking about it and do it! Colorado is awesome. I spent every summer as a kid near Durango and now I live near Denver. Couldn't think of any place I would rather settle down.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I'd live in the western slope area.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Do it!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
MBTacoma12 is on a distinguished road
MBTacoma12's Tacoma Gallery
Colorado is great maybe Western NC will be a closer move.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
ive lived here my whole life, been a fair amount of other places.... and i love it here. im so used to hving the mtns right at my finger tips and having all seasons. itd be hard to not have it. i have too many hobbies tho, lol wheelin, snowmobiling, crotch rocket....
Old 08-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
10DC4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I was born on the western slope. And its awesome their its just been years since j have been there in the winter, and my wife is a southern girl so all the snow might be too much for her lol And ink junky I'll let you know when the bus is leaving and we will swing by on the way lol
Old 08-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadwonder View Post
Stop thinking about it and do it! Colorado is awesome. I spent every summer as a kid near Durango and now I live near Denver. Couldn't think of any place I would rather settle down.

Lived in Centennial for a year, can't wait to move back!
Old 08-21-2012, 04:39 AM   #10
10DC4x4's Tacoma Gallery
My only real concern is how high is the cost of living, I know when we moved from Co. The cost of living was totally threw the roof, We payed 850 for rent in the late 80s , Here in Charlotte area I am above the average salary, But in Colorado it might be min. Wage. Lol and I would only be able to afford a box on the road for 1000 a month lol
Old 08-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #11
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DC4x4 View Post
My only real concern is how high is the cost of living, I know when we moved from Co. The cost of living was totally threw the roof, We payed 850 for rent in the late 80s , Here in Charlotte area I am above the average salary, But in Colorado it might be min. Wage. Lol and I would only be able to afford a box on the road for 1000 a month lol
If money is a concern/constrait I'd stay in NC. NC is for the most part a lovely and fairly affordable (outside of Raleigh, which is pricier than Tampa where I'm from, and sorry as lovely as it is I'd take Tampa over Raleigh), whereas Denver Metro is not.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #12
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Colorado is great. Wonderful weather (although I absolutely hate Jan-March) with tons of outdoor activities. It is getting very crowded though. Nothing like LA but a lot of congestion for us locals. If you really want to do it, do it. Once here you'll figure out a place to live and make it work.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #13
10DC4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I noticed when I was visiting last that it was a lot more touristy then it was when I lived there before still haven't decided . I called my HR department @ work and asked about a transfer and I will leave it in there hands. If it makes sense then we will pack up my stuff and be there in 27 hrs.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #14
www.salexorganizers.com
salex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Todd
salex's Tacoma Gallery
Moved to Denver 19 years ago from upstate NY and never looked back. Weather is mild in the city and if you want the snow head up to the mountains. The problem is trying to do things on the weekends when everybody has the same idea.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #15
Geezer
azreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: ET on minesweepers
azreb's Tacoma Gallery
I grew up in Colorado. I left there about 44 years ago. I go back for visits to the family, but wouldn't move back for anything. The hunting and fishing in the '50s was fantastic, but the population growth has spoiled it for me.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #16
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I just moved to CO about a month ago. So far it's been great. We moved from ATL and its a much better place to live. But Denver is pretty congested, not as bad as other cities, but these days every city has too many ppl in it. There's pros and cons to every place. The south east is probaly the last place I would move back to.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #18
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS78 View Post
I moved to CO from the east coast, lived in VA and NJ. id say DO IT!!!! its to hot and humid back east, although charlotte is a great town.

Im never moving back east lets just say that ha ha ha haha
Yeah I've lived in Dallas TX, Pittsburgh PA, Daytona Beach, ATL, Greenville NC, San Antonio TX,

I might consider going back to Pittsburgh, or Austin TX but other than that, MTN timezone for me.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #19
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
ColoradoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It so nice not having to plan an entire vacation to enjoy Colorado when you live here. Just wake up early and you can get almost anywhere whithin 5 hours. have fun and be home for a late dinner.