1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any cigar or pipe smokers?

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Night, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Aug 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM
    Night

Night [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    if you do what's your favorite blends/stogies, how often you smoke them and pictures of your humidor or collections!

2. Aug 19, 2012 at 4:25 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica TRD Sport
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    Not a smoker but I do work at a cigar factory in Tampa FL.

3. Aug 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Got a few Pete's, a Tinskey, Hardcastle, couple of MM's, a true Meer, and I made one from a Tinskey kit, and have the materials to make another from a Pimo kit.
    I was more impressed with the Tinskey briar though... when I order a Plateaux for a freehand, I don't expect to get one that looks like a rock was laying right on the edge of the bowl. Going to have to trim off the top and hope it reveals a nice birds-eye.

Blend? No favorites. So far, I've never duplicated a purchase.
    The only blends that I've not cared for were the cheap "drugstore" aromatics (smoke too wet), and I'm not a big fan of Two Friends English Chocolate. The taste is good, but the nicotine content it just too high, and I don't particularly care for the lingering room note. It just hits me as being "dark" and I'm not getting the chocolate from it.
    It's not bad for a short smoke out of the smaller Meer bowl, but it's too much for the 60+ minute sessions from the briars.

I like Two Friends Celtic Mist, Peterson "Sherlock Holmes", and I picked up a "Strictly English" sampler from Pipesandcigars.com that so far, I've liked everything.

Here's the one I made....

[​IMG]

4. Aug 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    Night

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    takes a lot of talent to make a pipe and you defienitevly have it! very nice pipe.
    are you more into english, virginias or aromatics?

what cigar company? pretty sweet job!

5. Aug 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Thanks!
    It was a Tinskey kit and pre-drilled, so all I had to do was the final shaping and staining, then bend the stem.
    I did screw up on the angle of the shank... that's what I get for following the penciled line and not putting a piece of drill rod into the block to verify the position and angle of the hole.

The kit itself was only something like $45, and another $20 for a multi-pack of stain from Tandy Leather. I was able to complete it in an afternoon.

All I've smoked for the last 4 or 5 months has been English and I'm liking the more mild blends.
    Aromatics, not so much. I find that they smell nice in the bag, but have little taste when smoked, and the room note is different still.
    It's what everyone recommends to newbies, but I'm getting the opinion that the recommendation is from a less educated position.

6. Aug 20, 2012 at 7:26 AM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica TRD Sport
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    I work at J.C. Newman Cigar Co.
    Some of our brands are Cuesta Rey, Diamond Crown, Brick House, Julius Ceasar, El Baton, La Unica. We also distribute Fuente cigars.

7. Aug 20, 2012 at 7:31 AM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
  8. Aug 20, 2012 at 1:46 PM
    Night

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey

Products Discussed in

To Top