1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NFL Trash Talkers Thread

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Large, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Feb 5, 2015 at 8:48 PM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 (Cement) TRD O/R
    You are, it's just that no one cares about what you have to say, except for rockymtnfinlessbrown, and he's a meat whistle too so...

2. Feb 5, 2015 at 8:49 PM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 (Cement) TRD O/R
    I would agree. I don't think Seattle fans have anything to worry about. One play and the game went either way, was similar to pats/packers earlier this year. I couldn't be mad that the pats dropped that game.

3. Feb 5, 2015 at 9:37 PM
    Shaggs

Shaggs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2012 DoubleCab Long Bed 4x4 TRD Magnetic Gray
    I understand he is a douche... The biggest in the NFL. Which made his sad face the greatest thing ever. For once in his life. He actually shut the fuck up. And the whole world outside of the Pacific Northwest rejoiced in his inevitable silence.

4. Feb 5, 2015 at 9:40 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    Richard Sherman is in your entire organizations head including yours.

He wins.

5. Feb 5, 2015 at 9:49 PM
    EatMyTacomaDust

EatMyTacomaDust Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 "Black Beauty" Baja DC 4x4
    ICON 3" LIFT, Console Vault, Tailgate Security Clamp MOD, SuperBumper Crash Attenuator, TRD Front Skid Plate, Wet Okoles - 1/2 Piped, Undercover SE Tonneau
    That's an unfair statement. Their are a lot of biggest douches in the NFL. Kidding aside, People up here worship the Hawks. Guys were telling me at work how impressed they were that Sherman got a BA from Stanford - In Communications. . . I almost spit my coffee on them trying not to laugh in their faces.

It's literally been like a funeral all week at work. One of my coworkers has had season tickets since the King Dome and he went to the SB this year. 1st 3 days of the week I thought he was going to start crying at any moment. He was really broken up about the loss. He told me today he's just now started to be able to cope with the loss. Cool guy, but it amazes me.

6. Feb 5, 2015 at 9:55 PM
    Fightnfire

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    Curious, what do you expect? I teared up when I talked to my son. I don't quite get your point.

7. Feb 5, 2015 at 9:57 PM
    Shaggs

Shaggs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2012 DoubleCab Long Bed 4x4 TRD Magnetic Gray
    There are a lot of douches... On every team. Niners biggest douche happens to own the team... But it is seriously amazing to have sherman eat shit on the biggest stage and be the poster child of letdown and disappointment. The reason he fell so hard and why Hawks fans are dammed near suicidal, is because of how hyperinflated their egos are with their blue/green lenses where sherman is awesome. He plays well enough, but he is a big fucking douche. I don't even think Beastmode is douche for his interviews. He lets his play speak for itself. Sherman talks bigger than his play. He just never stops talking shit, all the time. And the only people that eat it up are Hawks fans and Chris Collinsworth.

8. Feb 5, 2015 at 9:57 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    Last time I checked. He lost. And there's only one team that can be happy right now.

And yes he had the most cry baby face in the stadium after that pick. And it was so great bc it was all after he was talking all that shit on the sidelines about Revis, and all the shit he was saying to Edelman during the game.

Good player? Absolutely. Good character? No. Well actually, this is how smart he is... He actually does have good character... When he's mic'd up for Sound FX. Other than that, he's just a good code switcher that knows when to turn it off and on.

9. Feb 5, 2015 at 9:59 PM
    dakotasyota

dakotasyota Just a Fringe of the Ging in your Minge

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab, Manual, V6, 4x4, TRD Off-Road
    Total Chaos +2 LT w/ 2.5 x 8 Kings, 700 lb coils, Chevy 63s, BAMF Shock relocation, 12" King Smoothies, Locker Anytime Mod, 5% Tint All Around, 4xInnovations full skids, Custom Made Rock Sliders, 4xInnovations HC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, SOS Original Plate 2 Front Bumper, 130 w KC Slimlites, Homertaco Raptor Grill, Bestop Supertop, Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, Flowmaster 40 series, JVC deck w/ 12" Rockford Fosgate T1 in custom box, and lots more!!
    Yeah people really get into sports. It was a heart breaking loss. Everyone can agree it was the worst loss in superbowl history.

10. Feb 5, 2015 at 9:59 PM
    Fightnfire

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    You just brushed up against why I think he's a genius.

11. Feb 5, 2015 at 10:14 PM
    EatMyTacomaDust

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ICON 3" LIFT, Console Vault, Tailgate Security Clamp MOD, SuperBumper Crash Attenuator, TRD Front Skid Plate, Wet Okoles - 1/2 Piped, Undercover SE Tonneau
    Maybe a little off topic, got started with the Sherman comment made by another poster.

Point was I don't get worshiping someone and thinking they are amazing for a mediocre achievement such as getting a BA in Communications, even if it is from Stanford. That's like graduating from Harvard with a degree in Gym.

I also don't get being emotional to the point of almost crying over a football game. I love football, but I wouldn't tear up and be upset for 3 days if the Saints lost the SB. I just can't bring myself to feel sorry for a bunch of millionaire players and billionaire owners that lost a game. Those guys are living lives 99% of the world can't even imagine it's so great. I work my ass off to make in a year what a lot of these players make in a quarter or 2 of football.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong and I am too cynical. I'm not putting anyone down for being that way please understand - i just don't get it, that's all.

12. Feb 5, 2015 at 10:19 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    He's absolutely smart. I never said he wasn't. He's really good at turning on/off his true colors. If he wasn't a dick, there wouldn't be so many players that don't like him.

13. Feb 5, 2015 at 10:19 PM
    Fightnfire

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    I don't think many people in Seattle are upset due to feeling sorry for the players.

I also don't think a college education from anywhere is a mediocre achievement, especially from a kid like Richard Sherman and a college like Stanford.

14. Feb 5, 2015 at 10:22 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    This is beside the point, and doesn't prove anything, but Communications is a cake degree. I know because that's what I got my undergrad degree in :anonymous:

15. Feb 5, 2015 at 10:28 PM
    EatMyTacomaDust

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I can see that, but it's hard for me to look past the players and their actions on and off the field and what they get passes on because of who they are. I mean the whole Baldwin TD thing in the SB - that's just pushing things way over the line.

No Offense, but a BA degree is a joke as far as knowledge and work ethic are concerned. And it's well known that college players, especially great ones like Sherman probably don't even have to go to class to get straight A's. They get the free ride cause they make the college so much money.

There's me being cynical again. :)

16. Feb 6, 2015 at 7:01 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    What was said..I didn't see it..

17. Feb 6, 2015 at 9:16 AM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 (Cement) TRD O/R
    Edelman was the best player on the field that night, hands down.

I get really mad about losses, they bother me, and I'm defensive of my team. The morning after a loss, I think about it in the shower, on the way to work, etc. when they win, I watch all the highlights a bunch of times and think about all the good plays and stuff. I'm not sure why some people let football take a huge part of their lives, but I would consider myself one of them. It's weird because my parents could really care less, my wife only knows who Brady and Gronk are, and everyone I work with likes the Dolphins or steelers. I have a bunch of friends who like it as much as I do, and my little brother may like it more it than I do. I would be upset until draft day if the Patriots lost. I know how Luke feels.

Brady told Sherman he was a great player twice, they shook hands, and hit eachother's helmets.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  18. Feb 6, 2015 at 12:46 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
  19. Feb 6, 2015 at 12:55 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Sherman has reproduced. Another dark day for humanity.

#juniordouchebag

20. Feb 6, 2015 at 1:20 PM
    cdowling

cdowling Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma 4WD SR5
    OME 3" Lift Kit Avid Light Bar Avid Weld on Sliders All-Pro IFS Skid Plate SCS Sr8 wheels BFG All Terain Tires
    This. Too many variables throwing over the middle in this situation. Sure, if it works everyone says its a good call. But imo throwing over the middle on the one is a dumb call... beastmode, throw a fade to your 6'-5" guy who caught everything that day, roll wilson out... any of those would have been a better call. hell of a play by the corner to win that game though.

and while i hoped to see seattle win (big bam bam kam fan reppin the hokies) it was kinda nice that close up of sherman's face :)

To Top