Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Any MLB fans here???

Old 12-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #321
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda wish I'd seen this thread before.

I worked for the Mariners for 7 years. But I grew up in St. Louis...so...you know...

The collision rule was coming anyway, so might as well get it done. There's way too much money wrapped up in players these days to have someone get their knee/shoulder/head destroyed in a mid-May game.

I'm mildly concerned about letting umpires decide what "blocking the plate" and "contact" is, though. Is it a 0% thing? You CANNOT be obscuring the plate at all, and CANNOT make contact with the catcher? Seems like a lot of grey area.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:28 AM   #322
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dart View Post
Kinda wish I'd seen this thread before.

I worked for the Mariners for 7 years. But I grew up in St. Louis...so...you know...

The collision rule was coming anyway, so might as well get it done. There's way too much money wrapped up in players these days to have someone get their knee/shoulder/head destroyed in a mid-May game.

I'm mildly concerned about letting umpires decide what "blocking the plate" and "contact" is, though. Is it a 0% thing? You CANNOT be obscuring the plate at all, and CANNOT make contact with the catcher? Seems like a lot of grey area.

maybe they will have to go to the instant replay booth
Old 01-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #323
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Baseball Hall of Fame Inductees this year are Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, & Frank Thomas. Also being inducted are Bobby Cox, Joe Torre, & Tony La Russa.

Awesome players & coaches.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #324
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
is it true the splendid splinters head was used for batting practice?
Old 04-21-2014, 09:01 PM   #325
NCTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
NCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
How about them Braves? Struggling right along
Old 04-22-2014, 12:33 PM   #326
FSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to all

Name: Cody
FSUtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Go stros
Old 05-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #327
Braves lost 8 of 9. Not to good. Now in 3rd place
Old 05-09-2014, 04:48 PM   #330
lvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant future

EMS:
Name: Celena
lvmedicchick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTacoma View Post
How about them Braves? Struggling right along

Good lookin out! Driving in ATL traffic right now but it's not looking good. Raining like hell
Old 05-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #331
06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 12 n msarng
Name: Matt
06texasedition's Tacoma Gallery
[Q UOTE=lvmedicchick;8636599]Good lookin out! Driving in ATL traffic right now but it's not looking good. Raining like hell[/QUOTE]

It's storming here in Mississippi also
Old 05-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #332
Well the game, like always, will be DVR'd. Im on call this weekend and of course they call. It's raining over in Charlotte too.

We have to start winning. Here's my plan for Freddy. Shift Simmons to the 2 hole. Drop BJ down to the 7-8 hole, which he did the other night. Send Uggla to whoever will take him and eat whatever we have to on him. Call up La Stella, who walks more than strikes out. I know it's all double a and some triple a numbers but he's kept the pattern through all levels. It doesn't hurt to have a few free swingers but you cant have a team with nothing but them. Just my 2 cents and I'm sick of losing.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #333
Our starters, other then a few starts, have proven they can pitch. We just need 3 or 4 runs a game. You can't expect them to win on 1 run support all the time.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:19 PM   #334
lvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant futurelvmedicchick has a brilliant future

EMS:
We could have won a few of those last 8 losses with a couple runs. I love Uggla long time but damn...
Old 05-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #335
Yes we know, he's a stud. But he's not a model for 14 mil a year. Hes a ball player. He was my guy when we first signed him but hes had his chances.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #336

EMS:
I hope after fighting this stupid traffic this ball game happens. Reason #853 I live in the country!
Old 05-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #337
I agree.

So let's see here.

#1 Braves fan
#2 let your husband stay at home and drink beer all day
#3 medic
#4 hunts/fishes
#5 tacoma driver

Dang Celena, ease up now.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #338

EMS:
He drinks wine and he works from home and makes almost twice what I do! Lol
Old 05-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #339
Just saying
Old 05-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #340