Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Any MLB fans here???

Old 08-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Any MLB fans here???

I'm an old American Leage East fan...

Origionally from Baltimore, so I've always been an Oriole fan...

but lately I follow Tampa Bay (partly because SUN Sports televises all the games)

Hate the Yankee's

GO RAYS!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
I like the game of baseball.
Grew up in upstate NY, so the Yankees were always routed for. Still do.
Live in GA now, so the Braves are the local favorites.
I'm more of a fan of certain players and managers now. There's several guys that play the game right, some that don't.
If you've never been, Cooperstown is worth the visit for baseball fans.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Two words, Raul Ibanez
Old 10-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Two words, Raul Ibanez
Gotta give the Yanks props for those walk-off homers to tie and win the game last night

If stats repeat for the year for the O's and Yanks...

The O's should win tonight. Leaving the two teams even for both the reg season & the post season play this year. Setting up an awesome tie breaker tomorrow night that sends the best team to the ALCS
Old 10-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
Tacoma343 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jesse
Tacoma343's Tacoma Gallery
Bleed PINSTRIPES! Go Yankees! Sorry for Girardis father passing! They will play for him tonight. I expect Alex to have a good game tonight in the 5 hole! Crush It Alex!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma343 View Post
Bleed PINSTRIPES! Go Yankees! Sorry for Girardis father passing! They will play for him tonight. I expect Alex to have a good game tonight in the 5 hole! Crush It Alex!

The Yanks are a bought team...always have been.

The Orioles are a team of part talent...part luck...part good team effort...and some magic. In Baltimore it's called it Oriole Magic!!!

With enough money, anyone can build a winning team. It's fun to watch the lower budget teams win on effort.

Go Orioles!!!!

btw, if the O's lose tonight (or tomorrow night) I will quickly become a Detroit fan.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #8
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Took the afternoon off to watch the Cards try to close it out against the Nats.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
TWLTRD11 is on a distinguished road

TWLTRD11's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody but the Yankees/Cardinals.
Grew up in KY as a Braves fan because of family...needless to say, I heard a lot of smack from some friends back home that are Cardinals fans because that is mainly who people follow. (up in northern KY its the Reds)

I hope the O's pull it off. Well stated above. Yankees are bums just like A-Rod.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #10
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post

The Orioles are a team of part talent...part luck...part good team effort...and some magic. In Baltimore it's called it Oriole Magic!!!

With enough money, anyone can build a winning team. It's fun to watch the lower budget teams win on effort.

Go Orioles!!!!

btw, if the O's lose tonight (or tomorrow night) I will quickly become a Detroit fan.
after I watched that movie moneyball I always think about that, lol. really fun to watch underdogs do well!

too bad the diamondbacks suck dick either way.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #11
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I'm suprised at A-rod's performance (or lack of).
.083, one for 12

Jeter is a solid player who usually does well.

The Yanks & O's series has really been about pitching. With both starters performing excellent...taking all three games to the 9th as one run ball games.

Love it!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #12
Tacoma343 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jesse
Tacoma343's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Go Orioles!!!!

I love the payroll excuse... It's the only play on hate for the Yanks! Winners get paid Period. We pitched with 1/3 of our staff for half the year and guys from the bullpen who don't get a lot of money are the reason were in this position so far. DJ 2 out for awhile Tex out for awhile CC out for Awhile Peneda lost for season Gardner out for season and other miscues. We're still here though FOR NOW!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
Old Newbie
Chad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad7088's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm an old American Leage East fan...

Origionally from Baltimore, so I've always been an Oriole fan...

but lately I follow Tampa Bay (partly because SUN Sports televises all the games)

Hate the Yankee's

GO RAYS!!!
I grew up in Michigan, but have always been a reds fan.....since 6 years old..the big red machine left an impression on me....However; growing up in Michigan, been to a few tigers games....This one particular game tigers were playing the orioles and we were down trying to get autographs from the tigers before the game...none of them would come over. We went over by the orioles dugout and they would come over and sign and call more players over...I remember Eddy Murray, Doug DeCinces, Kiko Garcia, and others......that was a cool moment.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad7088 View Post
My avatar says it all........and.......i am really shocked right now
That was one hell of a series Chad, we all still love Dusty out here and hope he gets some rest for his health
Old 10-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #16
Old Newbie
Chad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dusty made some questionable decisions IMO....but all in all the Reds left 39 guys on base....and most importantly couldn't win ONE game out of three at home...not one....this is a team that had the most home wins in the NL...unbelievable....props to the giants.....they made some nice defensive plays today in key moments and did what needs to be done in the playoffs. I'm just disappointed
Old 10-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #17
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad7088 View Post
Dusty made some questionable decisions IMO....but all in all the Reds left 39 guys on base....and most importantly couldn't win ONE game out of three at home...not one....this is a team that had the most home wins in the NL...unbelievable....props to the giants.....they made some nice defensive plays today in key moments and did what needs to be done in the playoffs. I'm just disappointed
Hey props to your guys too, that's the toughest series we played all year, hands down, could have gone either way Chad, no one laid down for this one. When we went down 0-2 in our own house I figured we were done for.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #18
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma343 View Post
I love the payroll excuse... It's the only play on hate for the Yanks! Winners get paid Period. We pitched with 1/3 of our staff for half the year and guys from the bullpen who don't get a lot of money are the reason were in this position so far. DJ 2 out for awhile Tex out for awhile CC out for Awhile Peneda lost for season Gardner out for season and other miscues. We're still here though FOR NOW!
No excuse. Pure facts. And the Yanks are a good team for it.

I love the "we" part, LoL

Btw, they all get paid...that is for sure
Old 10-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #19
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No excuse. Pure facts. And the Yanks are a good team for it.

I love the "we" part, LoL

Btw, they all get paid...that is for sure
x3 on the getting paid, and the sad part is none of them think they make enough
Old 10-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #20
Old Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Hey props to your guys too, that's the toughest series we played all year, hands down, could have gone either way Chad, no one laid down for this one. When we went down 0-2 in our own house I figured we were done for.
Good luck in the NLCS