Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Show off your wood working skills.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #22
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
I know nothing about woodworking, but I managed to grind this one out with no formal plans:

Old 09-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #23
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCooper View Post
I know nothing about woodworking, but I managed to grind this one out with no formal plans:

I think that came out looking pretty nice!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #24
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats really nice, approx how many hours went into this? I want to learn how to inlay
Thanks. Self-taught and that was my first real attempt at inlay. It was painfully slow and tedious. It's hard to say how many hours - I generally do my woodworking in fits and starts early in the morning before work.

Now that I've gotten several inlay projects under my belt, the process goes much quicker - so I'd say that I'd have somewhere around 20-30 hours in the process if I did it again.

It's like a lot of things - it's not necessarily "fun" when you're at it - but the results can be really cool.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #25
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey TRD View Post
It's like a lot of things - it's not necessarily "fun" when you're at it - but the results can be really cool.
This. Especially sanding...it's the most important part, but definitely the most tedious.
My dad does inlay on banjo necks occasionally. It's really intense.
Beautiful job on your table, by the way.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #26
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
heres my cherry wine rack

Old 09-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #27
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Damn photobucket is acting up, anyone else have issues ?
Old 09-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #28
Banned
Streetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of light
Streetsurfz727's Tacoma Gallery
I must say I'm impressed, keep sandin yall.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #29
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post

i love this piece!!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #30
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetsurfz727 View Post
Whats up yall, any one else out there interested in the art of wood working.? Feel free to post some pics of your work and discuss wood related things and what not. Here are some beer coasters I made today out of some cedar my buddy gave me. I do some tree work part time and pick up some nice logs off job sites that would other wise be turned into wood chips and spread in someones yard. Enjoy please no pics of morning wood.

Send me some, I like them alot. I will pay you.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #33
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
^thanks, i used my carvewright to do the carvings, its like a DIY cnc machine
Old 09-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #34
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery

not very artistic/creative but these are some great projects!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #35
Banned
Streetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Send me some, I like them alot. I will pay you.
Alright cool dude thanks I was planing on making a few more sets of 5, ill shoot you a pm when they are ready.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #37
Banned
Made these the other day too in a few hours, not so much wood working skills went in to these but I like them none the less. Strips of leather for the band, with pieces of deer antler and cedar in between.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #38
Astroman23 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
Astroman23's Tacoma Gallery
Just stumbled across this thread. Nice stuff everyone!!! Before I bought my Tacoma a few months back and discovered TW, the words "build" and "mod" referred to guitars, not trucks. (Sorry about the captions. These photos were part of a book that I made for the owner to document the process.)

Old 09-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #40
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Not really wood "working" but I built a dog house with a window...