Notices

Show off your wood working skills.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #41
Astroman23 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
Astroman23's Tacoma Gallery
^^Thanks! Didn't want to let her go when I was done! lol
Old 09-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #42
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
This is the kind of woodworking I do

Old 09-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

That's badass. Looks like some beautiful country up there.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #44
Iloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
Iloveoregon's Tacoma Gallery

Old 09-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #45

I'm jealous of the hardwoods you Northern guys have access to. Costs me an arm and a leg down here in Florida.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #46
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
heres my cherry wine rack

Wanted to build one exactly like this for my dad for christmas.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #47
jshsltr is a splendid one to beholdjshsltr is a splendid one to beholdjshsltr is a splendid one to beholdjshsltr is a splendid one to beholdjshsltr is a splendid one to beholdjshsltr is a splendid one to beholdjshsltr is a splendid one to beholdjshsltr is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Josh
jshsltr's Tacoma Gallery
Low profile Black Walnut headboard

This is on a full bed I built. Currently working on a king storage bed.

Have about 700 bdft rough cut in my garage waiting to be shaped.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off your wood working skills.-img-20120715-00035.jpg  
Old 09-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #48
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman23 View Post
Niiiice! My woodshop instructor in highschool taught a guitar-making class, too. They made some really awesome guitars! This one's beautiful, hat's off to you.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #49
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I did some softwall on something like this in a guys office. His desk was directly underneath and everything echoed.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #50
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
I did some softwall on something like this in a guys office. His desk was directly underneath and everything echoed.
That area is a sitting room off the master bedroom , the acoustics aren't bad even with the house empty , with area rugs and furniture I expect it to be even better
Old 09-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #51
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thats a sick guitar . I made one too, didnt turn out the best. Always wanted to redo it. Maybe some day. Love to make one like that.

Heres some of my stuff,
Attached Thumbnails
Show off your wood working skills.-2010-dresser.jpg   Show off your wood working skills.-custom-bath.jpg   Show off your wood working skills.-custom-tv-cabinet.jpg   Show off your wood working skills.-weekend-project-mill-finish-x2.jpg   Show off your wood working skills.-iphone-7.11.10-105.jpg  

Old 09-18-2012, 04:13 AM   #52
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=OZ-T;5707340]This is the kind of woodworking I do

I miss framing, especially framing houses like this. Weird roof, hard to tell whats going on up there, is it a cold roof?
Old 09-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #53
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
Wanted to build one exactly like this for my dad for christmas.
Thats funny, because i built this for my dad for christmas haha. I built another one also and my buddy painted the side carvings of the grape vines with oil paint and it came out awesome.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #54

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=evanmb31;5708371]
Quote:

I miss framing, especially framing houses like this. Weird roof, hard to tell whats going on up there, is it a cold roof?
It was a weird assembly .

Timberframe , 2x4 strapping @ 24" OC , 2x12 rafter system @ 16" OC ( included in this plane was Paralam engineered beams and steel I beams ) 2x4 strapping @ 16" OC , 1/2" plywood

The roofing material is concrete slate
Old 09-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ERS TACOMA View Post
Thats a sick guitar . I made one too, didnt turn out the best. Always wanted to redo it. Maybe some day. Love to make one like that.

Heres some of my stuff,
Nice work! Excellent contemporary designs. What's your finish of choice and do you usually brush on or spray?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #56
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
i actually work in a wood shop, at a military prison, (weird i know) but one other guy, and myself teach prisoners the vocational skill of woodworking, its pretty cool given the situation.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #57

[QUOTE=OZ-T;5708775]
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post

It was a weird assembly .

Timberframe , 2x4 strapping @ 24" OC , 2x12 rafter system @ 16" OC ( included in this plane was Paralam engineered beams and steel I beams ) 2x4 strapping @ 16" OC , 1/2" plywood

The roofing material is concrete slate
Wow that crazy, is this project still going on, i would like to see the finished product. Ive done a octogon (more sides probably) room like that and cuting the rafters was a pain in the ass, everything had to be absolutely perfect for it to work.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #58

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=evanmb31;5708978]
Quote:

Wow that crazy, is this project still going on, i would like to see the finished product. Ive done a octogon (more sides probably) room like that and cuting the rafters was a pain in the ass, everything had to be absolutely perfect for it to work.
I'm done there with the exception of some landscaping / outside projects the owner wants to do this fall

The tower in this house was 12 sided
Old 09-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #59
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice work! Excellent contemporary designs. What's your finish of choice and do you usually brush on or spray?
Thanks,

The cabinets are lacquer sprayed. The dresser and cherry cabinet i used a wipe on ployurathane, Mohawk. By far the best non spray finish ive ever used or seen. Im not a fan of brushes, have always perfered wipe on products.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #60

^^^I've never been happy with brushing either. I usually spray lacquer on furniture and always on instruments. I really like those bathroom cabinets you did. Thinking about doing something similar in mine.