Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Show off your wood working skills.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #81
joshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Satcom
joshua721's Tacoma Gallery
the cutting boards and rolling pin above were my inspiration to attempt this rather annoying layout for a end grain cutting board

Attached Thumbnails
Show off your wood working skills.-bb1.jpg   Show off your wood working skills.-bb2.jpg  
Old 11-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #82
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, the layout is pretty confusing. The glue up is a bitch too, we've broke afew during glueing. If i renember I can pm you the plan we used.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #83
JDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDeLuca's Tacoma Gallery
Show off your wood working skills.-box-001.jpg

Show off your wood working skills.-box-002.jpg

Show off your wood working skills.-box-003.jpg
Old 12-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #84
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Heres a few things i have done for customers lately
Show off your wood working skills.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354768513.110020.jpg
Show off your wood working skills.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354768538.885583.jpgShow off your wood working skills.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354768610.303771.jpg
Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #85
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my latest project.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #86
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
Here is my latest project.

That looks awesome, Adam. Nice lines.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #87
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
That looks awesome, Adam. Nice lines.

Thanks, It's a conglomeration of about 4 different cribs that my wife liked. She liked little pieces from each one and I tried to incorporate all of them into 1.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #88
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks, It's a conglomeration of about 4 different cribs that my wife liked. She liked little pieces from each one and I tried to incorporate all of them into 1.
Well you should get a damn medal. Women.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #89
alnewt1234 is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Alan
alnewt1234's Tacoma Gallery
My TV stand:

Show off your wood working skills.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354821824.851789.jpg

Show off your wood working skills.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354821850.706017.jpg

Dining Room Table:

Show off your wood working skills.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354821897.877386.jpg

Show off your wood working skills.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354821916.081779.jpg

Coffee Table:

Show off your wood working skills.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354821936.383289.jpg

Show off your wood working skills.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354821948.368496.jpg
Old 12-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #91
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Some really nice work in here! I've always been just a carpenter helper and a broke one at that. Scored a free sub-floor scrap for a work space

Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #92
slatercat will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
Name: Josh
slatercat's Tacoma Gallery
Black Walnut End Grain Butcher Block

Its not much, but im getting better.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off your wood working skills.-001.jpg   Show off your wood working skills.-003.jpg  
Old 01-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #93
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slatercat View Post
Its not much, but im getting better.

looks pretty good to me.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #94
slatercat will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
Name: Josh
slatercat's Tacoma Gallery
This one is a mixture of wood and metal

[/QUOTE]

Did you anneal, shape then re-harden the steel yourself, or use some other method?

I ask because I have been looking into trying some metal work lately but have been hesitant about jumping into it.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #95
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
I made this TV stand to match some furniture we bought nude.
4 power tools used: Skill saw, router, sander & drill.
The 47" TV has since been upgraded to a 55".
The top section holds Tivo, DVD player, Bose control unit & front 3 speakers.
Remotes work through the shade cloth covering it.
6 drawers that each hold 4 dozen standard size DVD boxes.
I should have made it bigger since it no longer holds all my DVDs.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #96
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slatercat View Post
This one is a mixture of wood and metal
Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22
Did you anneal, shape then re-harden the steel yourself, or use some other method?

I ask because I have been looking into trying some metal work lately but have been hesitant about jumping into it.
I purchased a bar of steel from http://www.mcmaster.com/ . Cut it to shape, and then sanded the bevel. Once you are close i did a heat treat of it to harden it, then tempered it. I got a lot of info from www.bladeforums.com . It is a lot of fun, I just have to be careful in the wood shop not to light it all on fire with sparks. I have some more in the works, just don't have a shop to work in right now.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #97

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I purchased a bar of steel from http://www.mcmaster.com/ . Cut it to shape, and then sanded the bevel. Once you are close i did a heat treat of it to harden it, then tempered it. I got a lot of info from www.bladeforums.com . It is a lot of fun, I just have to be careful in the wood shop not to light it all on fire with sparks. I have some more in the works, just don't have a shop to work in right now.
So what we all really need is a 5 car garage:
1 bay for woodshop
1 bay for metalshop
1 bay for truck
1 bay for some other person's vehicle, maybe
1 bay for random shit and other projects, fridge, couch.

oh wait

1 bay for paint/spry/finish booth

So 6 bays

And then one for the Eagle Speedster, so OK...

7 bays.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #98
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
So what we all really need is a 5 car garage:
1 bay for woodshop
1 bay for metalshop
1 bay for truck
1 bay for some other person's vehicle, maybe
1 bay for random shit and other projects, fridge, couch.

oh wait

1 bay for paint/spry/finsh booth

So 6 bays

And then one for the Eagle Speedster, so OK...

7 bays.

Yes, I'm thinking it needs to be somewhere around 5000 sq ft. Now, where do I find the $$$$$ to fill it with all the toys?
Old 01-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #99

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, I'm thinking it needs to be somewhere around 5000 sq ft. Now, where do I find the $$$$$ to fill it with all the toys?
Yeah. And then the time to use them...