Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Show off your wood working skills.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Banned
Streetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of light
Streetsurfz727's Tacoma Gallery
Show off your wood working skills.

Whats up yall, any one else out there interested in the art of wood working.? Feel free to post some pics of your work and discuss wood related things and what not. Here are some beer coasters I made today out of some cedar my buddy gave me. I do some tree work part time and pick up some nice logs off job sites that would other wise be turned into wood chips and spread in someones yard. Enjoy please no pics of morning wood.

Edit: Wood working is not limited to just beer coasters and furniture, if you are in to art and use wood as a medium please feel free to share regardless of how abstract.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
joshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Satcom
joshua721's Tacoma Gallery
Walnut table i just finished the other day
Attached Thumbnails
Show off your wood working skills.-table1.jpg   Show off your wood working skills.-table2.jpg  
Old 09-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Banned
Streetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of light
Streetsurfz727's Tacoma Gallery
Wow nice dude!!! You that's awesome man you really cant put a price on some thing you took the time to make with your own hands.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua721 View Post
Walnut table i just finished the other day
Nice

Is it a live edge ? Hard to tell from the pics
Old 09-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
joshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Nice

Is it a live edge ? Hard to tell from the pics

Im not a huge fan of live edge work, I sized the board to leave as much of the walnut sapwood as possible to give it the light band on the edge. Most of live edge work Ive seen involves very little actual wood work imo where its a slab with some legs screwed on. However Ive seen pictures where joinery is used and wood selected is truley stunning, just not for me.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
hm. sub. dad loves woodworking.(get you head out the gutter damn it!)

we are looking to build a shop, for wood working and for me to work on the ATV’s and or my truck.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetsurfz727 View Post
Wow nice dude!!! You that's awesome man you really cant put a price on some thing you took the time to make with your own hands.
Actually I do its a side of my business im working on expanding more of. The price on the table is 600

I'm working on updating my business Facebook page but it has some other stuff on it as well http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoney...75372602499755
Old 09-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua721 View Post
Im not a huge fan of live edge work, I sized the board to leave as much of the walnut sapwood as possible to give it the light band on the edge. Most of live edge work Ive seen involves very little actual wood work imo where its a slab with some legs screwed on. However Ive seen pictures where joinery is used and wood selected is truley stunning, just not for me.
I don't see how leaving the top as a live edge versus ripping it would alter the way you did the base , but whatever , looks good
Old 09-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #11
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Greene & Greene style night stand (white oak & blood wood):

Old 09-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #12
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Arts & Crafts style table (white oak, ash, blood wood, walnut):

Old 09-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #13
same style table oak with a different view and an entertainment center I built for myself that I liked the stain combination in a magazine hate it now so not sure what ill do with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off your wood working skills.-imag0456.jpg   Show off your wood working skills.-263909_10150252670982438_699642437_7352890_4471941_n.jpg  
Old 09-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #14
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey TRD View Post

That's nice inlay work.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #15
Quote:
Greene & Greene style night stand (white oak & blood wood):

really like the blood wood instead of the ebony neat touch. looks good.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #16
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some of mine, most of which I did in high school:

Here's a mahogany coffee table with a glass side piece:
Finished and in the San Diego county fair:

Being finished:

An oak spiral coffee table with an acrylic top (I was too nervous about the weight of glass on top to make it glass, but after a few years it's been very sturdy, so I'm sure it could have handled it. It would have been very expensive, though):

And a mahogany pendant that I carved. Here it doesn't have the finish, but I couldn't find the pic of it finished:
Old 09-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #17
Pavel4774 is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
Pavel4774's Tacoma Gallery
Here's two of mine. Made these when i was in high school.

Maple desk, stained cherry oak.

Oak bookshelf.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off your wood working skills.-uploadfromtaptalk1346784038427.jpg   Show off your wood working skills.-uploadfromtaptalk1346784082123.jpg  
Old 09-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
I like that a lot
Old 09-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #19
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I like that a lot
Thanks! It was a pita to sand...
Old 09-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #20
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thats really nice, approx how many hours went into this? I want to learn how to inlay