Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Snowmobiling!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Snowmobiling!

I know a few ride here so thought I would start a thread. This is by far my most expensive sport. My new to me sled is a 2006 Polaris Fusion 600 HO, also have a spare 05 Polaris 600 Classic as a backup & for friends. Plus I am always looking for more & shouldda never sold the sled my username is about an 2003 Polaris 500 XC SP. Yeah I like Polaris

Vermont has about 4500 miles of maintained trails, www.vtvast.org, mostly on private land. Many thanks to the landowners who graciously give the usage of their property for nothing more than a free trail sticker ($100 value).

FWIW, both my snowmobiles are trail sleds, not meant for the deep powder riding & hope to get a chance to do that someday. Our trails are more switchbacks, open fields, and small bodies of water that are hopefully frozen. Mainly ride midweek when there is less traffic or night ride so I can see people coming.

So fellow sled heads, post up some pics of your rides & favorite trails, areas to ride etc.

Here are mine from yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
Snowmobiling!-outside-lowell.jpg   Snowmobiling!-eden-1.jpg   Snowmobiling!-more-snow.jpg   Snowmobiling!-img_2491.jpg  
Old 01-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
Tacoma Newbie
moserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud of
moserjjx's Tacoma Gallery
best recreational sport for sure. i used to ride all the time but its been years - had to sell the sleds since it just didn't snow enough to justify riding a few weeks a year. i sure do miss it!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
BUMP!!!!

im thinking of having my sled shipped from ny to cali... anyone know of riding places near cali? i hear tahoe is nice. always guaranteed snow unlike some of the northeast where its hit or miss...
Old 11-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
ya all we ride is yamaha in my family.

got a 97 vmax 600 with 18,000kms on it

a 97 vmax 500
and a 94 vmax 600.

older sleds but still alot of fun and i dont feel like spending 10,000on a new one!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gieser View Post
ya all we ride is yamaha in my family.

got a 97 vmax 600 with 18,000kms on it

a 97 vmax 500
and a 94 vmax 600.

older sleds but still alot of fun and i dont feel like spending 10,000on a new one!
ive got an 05 yamaha rage

looking to get a newer phazer for the wife, would love a an apex or nytro. have a buddy in ny with two nytros.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #6
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Awesome, its great just to get out there on the trails, I cannot wait.

My riding buddy sells polaris so all my sleds are used Polaris sleds he finds.
I'd really like him to find a used AC 500 snopro but Chris would never go for that.

My neighbor is SkiDoo all the way.
Hope mother nature is good to us this year!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #7

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
Awesome, its great just to get out there on the trails, I cannot wait.

My riding buddy sells polaris so all my sleds are used Polaris sleds he finds.
I'd really like him to find a used AC 500 snopro but Chris would never go for that.

My neighbor is SkiDoo all the way.
Hope mother nature is good to us this year!
i like polaris... i prefer yamaha or skidoo...

my yamaha gets about 23 mpg and its pretty damn fast...

i love 4 stroke yamys but cant beat the skidoo 2 strokers, they are damn fast. really like the handling of the polaris' ive riden
Old 11-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #8
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post

i love 4 stroke yamys but cant beat the skidoo 2 strokers, they are damn fast. really like the handling of the polaris' ive riden

too bad you have to rebuild the engine on those ski-doos every other year
Old 11-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #9
Wag More Bark Less

Quote:

That is great gas mileage! Mine is like a 110 miles per tank, it is certainly not 23 mpg! Now that you mention the 4 strokes, I would love one of those too. The smell after an all day ride can give me a headache at times...but my budget is low it will be awhile
Old 11-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that looks like fun! There are some things I miss about Indiana I guess
Old 11-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #11

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Damn that looks like fun! There are some things I miss about Indiana I guess
theres snowmobiling in flagstaff, theres rental places up there too
Old 11-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #12

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
That is great gas mileage! Mine is like a 110 miles per tank, it is certainly not 23 mpg! Now that you mention the 4 strokes, I would love one of those too. The smell after an all day ride can give me a headache at times...but my budget is low it will be awhile
yea i get like 300+

i really miss it. i might have to put other projects on hold and get a new sled for some of the back country/ powder over here

my buddy has had a few 2 stroke yamies and they need rebuilding all the time too... any 2 stroke... rotax engines are some of the more reliable 2 stroke engines
Old 11-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #13
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
anyone know of riding places near cali?
snowmobiling is pretty popular in my neck of the woods
Old 11-28-2010, 10:15 PM   #14

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
snowmobiling is pretty popular in my neck of the woods
awesome, thats about 8-9 hours from me... not too too bad. a little further and i could be in tahoe which i hear is absolutely amazing
Old 11-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #15
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
yeah ive been to tahoe a few times and nothing can compare
Old 12-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #16
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
thought about trying snowmobiling while out in Tahoe this January, is it hard to catch on? Handling pretty simple or does it take some getting used to? I imagine that turning isnt precise [i.e you still slide out a bit before the sled starts turning], or am I wrong to assume that?
Old 12-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #17
gnfreak is on a distinguished road
Name: keith
gnfreak's Tacoma Gallery
just rebuilt the Kohler 340FA in this 79 John Deere Spitfire last month. if we get enuf snow this weekend i'm going to try it out. fun little sled and best of all it was free to the wife a couple of years ago. Forgive the wife, she's a Packer fan.
Attached Thumbnails
Snowmobiling!-dec28-123.jpg  
Old 12-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #18
Wag More Bark Less

2011 vermont Season officially opens today!

Vermont's snowmobile 2010/11 season officially opens today.
Many clubs still putting finishing touches on the trails.
Mine is still dealing with many huge pine trees that came down during the 100 mph gust wind storm. www.vtvast.org
4500 miles of trails, you can ride border to border!
Soon the groomed blankets will look like below (pics from last season)

Old 03-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #19
Wag More Bark Less

A little carnage not me thankfully

This was posted on the Vermont section of the snowmobile forum I belong to.
The rider was wearing a gopro, sleds going about 30 mph, no one got hurt, sleds had to be towed out.
video was slowed down for effect.
I am so glad no one was hurt!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Fx6_IwB3Y