Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

St-Pierre vs Condit

View Poll Results: Who will be the champ?
GSP 32 86.49%
Condit 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
HawaiiTRD's Tacoma Gallery
St-Pierre vs Condit

UFC 154 on November 17 who you guys got on the fights and why?

I'm taking Condit to upset the champ partly because I don't like GSP's fight style of "I'm going to hurt you but not finish the fight". I've always thought that the champs should be the most exciting guys and go for the finish but George hasn't finished a guy since his rematch with Serra in 2008 (Penn's corner threw in the towel so that one kind of not a finish).

I think coming off injury and being out of action for so long will hurt GSP when he takes on the younger and fresher "Natural Born Killer"
Old 11-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiTRD View Post
UFC 154 on November 17 who you guys got on the fights and why?

I'm taking Condit to upset the champ partly because I don't like GSP's fight style of "I'm going to hurt you but not finish the fight". I've always thought that the champs should be the most exciting guys and go for the finish but George hasn't finished a guy since his rematch with Serra in 2008 (Penn's corner threw in the towel so that one kind of not a finish).

I think coming off injury and being out of action for so long will hurt GSP when he takes on the younger and fresher "Natural Born Killer"
tough call, gsp will be rusty, condit looked great against diaz, but i still feel it's up to the challenger to defeat the champ, not squeak out a decision. i have not been happy with a lot of gsp's fights but i still have to stick with him.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:56 AM   #3
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Gsp will win.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #4
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
gsp.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:45 AM   #5
Reads more than posts
sofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
sofiasdad11's Tacoma Gallery
great question, op. i'm a huge gsp fan, but man, one has to wonder how significant his injury was considering it's been over 18 months since he was last in the octagon and has long been dogged for a perceived lack of killer instinct and inability to finish opponents. i have been watching condit for years and have thought he has the potential to be champ. sure he looked a little off in his last fight, but then nick diaz can make anyones night a long one. still, he beat diaz like no one has in years. if gsp is 100%, he should win. if not, condit
Old 11-02-2012, 02:55 AM   #6
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiasdad11 View Post
great question, op. i'm a huge gsp fan, but man, one has to wonder how significant his injury was considering it's been over 18 months since he was last in the octagon and has long been dogged for a perceived lack of killer instinct and inability to finish opponents. i have been watching condit for years and have thought he has the potential to be champ. sure he looked a little off in his last fight, but then nick diaz can make anyones night a long one. still, he beat diaz like no one has in years. if gsp is 100%, he should win. if not, condit
i have to disagree with you, i have never seen condit look better. nick diaz is tough as hell, to get a win over him is huge. if anything, diaz looked "off" in that fight.
this will be the biggest fight of condits career, he'll have some jitters.
gsp needs a decisive finish badly, hope he comes to fight and not just to win. his game plans work but his fights have been boring to say the least.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:03 AM   #7
Reads more than posts
sofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
sofiasdad11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
i have to disagree with you, i have never seen condit look better. nick diaz is tough as hell, to get a win over him is huge. if anything, diaz looked "off" in that fight.
this will be the biggest fight of condits career, he'll have some jitters.
gsp needs a decisive finish badly, hope he comes to fight and not just to win. his game plans work but his fights have been boring to say the least.
condit didn't necessarily look "off", but there was some issue regarding wether he ran a little too much, though that plan certainly worked and was an intelligent one considering diaz's cardio. so, you never said who you're picking.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:09 AM   #8

Quote:
condit didn't necessarily look "off", but there was some issue regarding wether he ran a little too much, though that plan certainly worked and was an intelligent one considering diaz's cardio. so, you never said who you're picking.
i'll agree with you there, but i still think he looked better than diaz even though diaz is one of my favorite fighters still. im picking gsp, he's good, and nobody has been able to beat him, his fights have been boring though. it's almost like he's afraid to take chances after he got KO'd from serra.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:57 AM   #9
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
GSP... probably wont watch it though.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #10
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
tough call, gsp will be rusty, condit looked great against diaz
Quote:
sure he looked a little off in his last fight, but then nick diaz can make anyones night a long one. still, he beat diaz like no one has in years. if gsp is 100%, he should win. if not, condit
Funny. The Diaz/Condit fight could have gone either way depending on the judges. It was close. If that was Condit looking great, GSP will murder Condit. Then Diaz can get the rematch they planned for immediately following the fight, prior to Diaz's suspension.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
Funny. The Diaz/Condit fight could have gone either way depending on the judges. It was close. If that was Condit looking great, GSP will murder Condit. Then Diaz can get the rematch they planned for immediately following the fight, prior to Diaz's suspension.
GSP really should murder Condit, they are in two different leagues. But it's a fight and anything can happen. Condit has come a long way and is at the top of his game, will it be good enough? Guess we'll have to wait and see. I just hope it's a good fight.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #12
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
GSP really should murder Condit, they are in two different leagues. But it's a fight and anything can happen. Condit has come a long way and is at the top of his game, will it be good enough? Guess we'll have to wait and see. I just hope it's a good fight.
For sure. Condit has some decent BJJ, and knows how to rack judging points up with those soft kicks.

I think it's up to GSP's knee. If it gives up, he loses.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #13
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

I never really gave Condit a lot of credit even when he was whooping butt in WEC, but after his badass KO of Hardy and then against Stun Gun I will never overlook him again. His victory against Diaz was impressive so it looks like Condit may be hitting his prime. Condit should stay in this one since George isn't a finisher, I'm hoping for another ridiculous knockout from Condit.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #14

it's hard, because as a fan, i want to see a good old slug fest but you can't argue that gsp always has a good winning game plan and sticks to it, as boring as it is. you have to remember that he is fighting top notch fighters every fight now, so it's not just going to be a "throw em down and ground and pound them til the ref pulls you off" type of fight. fighters are just too well rounded for that now, for the most part. anderson silva doesn't count when i say that! lol.
im guessing gsp is going to dominate this fight, but he can always get caught and and dropped, it's happened before.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #15

Condit drives a tacoma! watching ufc primetime and they showed a glance of it and it looked pretty mean. cant find pics of it online though to show u guys
Old 11-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #16
BurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BurqueTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Funny that people say Condit doesn't kick hard just because Diaz has a ridiculous chin. Diaz is an elite level fighter and Condit worked him. I'm goin for Condit because GSP doesn't go for blood anymore. Just plays for points so its not exciting to watch him lay on people.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurqueTaco View Post
Funny that people say Condit doesn't kick hard just because Diaz has a ridiculous chin. Diaz is an elite level fighter and Condit worked him. I'm goin for Condit because GSP doesn't go for blood anymore. Just plays for points so its not exciting to watch him lay on people.
i wouldn't go as far as saying he "worked" him, but he definately won the fight, no doubt.
i agree with you about gsp laying on people and winning based on points, which is a smart way to win fights, but has been very boring.
he needs to finish someone bad!
Old 11-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #19
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
^ ive seen that before he has a nice tacoma. condit is probably my favorite fighter in that weight class, i would love for him to win but he probably wont.