Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Anyone use CSS, PHP, and other web design? Beginners help

Old 01-29-2009, 04:55 AM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone use CSS, PHP, and other web design? Beginners help

I'm in the process of trying to teach myself some web code. I've read some online tutorials (so to speak) and I'm not afraid to grab something (like a template) and just start playing with the code just to see what it does.

I have my own webpage and it's kindergarden level at best. That's all I've known..... but now I'm interested to learn more and redesign it. I know it'll take a lot of time & effort. Gotta start somewhere....

I've been using Dreamweaver.The tutorials I've been using - it's all TEXT (not using a progam to write the code for you). Do I say goodbye to using dreamweaver completely? I think learning the code is probably the best for understanding everything....

Right now, I'm wondering how or where can I go to get a simple CSS style sheet and basic template to start playing with it? I'm still at a loss on how it all hooks together. I think It'll *click* once I start playing with the codes and watching the results.

Anyone have other suggestions or websites I can watch/learn about all this stuff? I'm excited to start playing yet still confused!
I've registered on a web design webpage and only posted a couple items there. The people were helpful but sometimes the responses are over my head yet.