1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How many people own a yeti cooler?

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by tristen, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Jan 1, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    tristen

tristen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tristen
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner
    I personally bought one yesterday, don't know why, but I did. Used it that night too, in the morning I dumped the ice out and there wasn't a drop of water. Who else owns one and what are your opinions?

2. Jan 2, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Yeti coolers Wildly stronger!!! Keeps ice longer!!!!!

3. Jan 2, 2013 at 3:18 AM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    I want one but the coolers I have are good enough for what I use them for. If I were in the business for using a cooler for my living I would get one . I am not though, I can see fishermen, guides using them to the fullest though. I do like the coolers though.

4. Jan 2, 2013 at 3:33 AM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    I have two :anonymous:

5. Jan 2, 2013 at 4:09 AM
    t4daddy

t4daddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Double Cab
    One of my best buds has one, I don't, but do have some experience with his. You keep the lid closed, they will hold ice forever (well almost) if the lid is fanned back and forth, they loose alot of there effectiveness.

6. Jan 2, 2013 at 4:22 AM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    dang moneybags on TW :p

my coleman coolers get it done :cool:

rick and GratefulTaco like this.
  7. Jan 2, 2013 at 4:28 AM
    mlittle

mlittle T O Y O T A

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Fort Sill, OK
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x4
    I've been wanting to get one for hunting and fishing, but I keep finding something else to spend the money on.

8. Jan 2, 2013 at 4:57 AM
    StuckinOhio

StuckinOhio Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    12' v6 AC 4x4 SR5
    Just got one in October. They are expensive but worth it. First time I used it I got ice to pre-cool it 2 days before a trip. Had to dump the ice out because it did not melt down. Seriously tough coolers. Will not buy any other brand now that I have a Yeti!

9. Jan 2, 2013 at 5:02 AM
    claymore

claymore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    ABQ New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2012 Offroad
    TRD cat back exhaust, console vault(for my little friend),Pop and Lock, Bak Flip G2, Weather Tech window covers, LED inside and out, DTRL Anytime, Grillcraft Grill, BAMF Light Bar with Hella 500s and Blitzpro 15D, Eibach with 5100's all around set at .85 and top plate spacers, LR UCA's, toytec 2" add a leaf, Duratrack 285 75 16, ABS kill switch, Aux reverse lights, Blue Sea Aux fuse block, ImMrYo Bracket, LED Bedlights, Ultra Gauge,

Coleman Xtreme.........Poor mans Yeti. Will keep your beer on ice at 90 degrees for 4 days. (as long as you dont get too drunk and leave the lid open!)

AJH387, rick and GratefulTaco like this.
  10. Sep 15, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    zacharypaul89

zacharypaul89 Eat right, be fit, die anyway

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quicksand Trd Offroad
    Hate to revive a dead thread, but...the g/f got me a Yeti for Christmas, so I've had it for about 9 months. The day I opened it, I loaded it with ice...and beer lol. Later that day, the carpet around it was wet; water was dripping from the drain hole. I took the plug out and the threads looked like crap, so I called Yeti and they sent me a plug that screwed in from the inside and outside, which fixed the issue. Well, yesterday, I loaded up the cooler with ice...and beer...again lol. The lid was bowed and wouldn't seal. I let the ice melt and flipped the cooler upside down to see if any water would leak out, and it did. I don't know if I got a lemon, or what, but my Yeti is a P.O.S. I've got friends that have them and theirs are perfect. I've dealt with Yeti's customer service before (with my drain issue) and it was top-notch. I'm calling tomorrow to see if I can either get a new cooler or a refund. I know they make solid products, so hopefully they'll replace it. I think I just got a lemon.

11. Sep 16, 2013 at 9:00 AM
    zacharypaul89

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Just got off the phone with their customer service. I had to email them a few pics and they emailed me a shipping label and, as soon as I send it to them, they're replacing it for free! Hopefully, this time, I'll get a better one.

12. Sep 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM
    Grundletaint

Grundletaint Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2012 crewmax tundra 4x4
    Debadged, derped, weathertech visors, antennax, tinted, need more money
    Got one as a wedding gift from some family members. It's pretty awesome but total overkill for my needs.

I wouldn't spend that much money on one myself but if you're a fisherman, hunter, or will be in the woods for 3+ days, it's hard to beat. Again, it's gonna be overkill in a range of situations but they market it really well and it stands up to the hype.

My main gripe is that it's heavy as hell so most of the time I have to load it up, then get it in the truck, then put the ice in because at that point it weighs like 500 lbs.

13. Sep 17, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    my good friend got two of them. at the same time, my brother got a Grizzly cooler and an Engel.

i had a pair of cheapo Igloo ultra cools. we all were meeting in Idaho for an elk hunt. the challenge was set. which cooler would perform best. i took the challenge seriously. i froze everything before putting it in my igloos. meat, juice..everything.

they just did it normal. food + ice.

i admit, my igloos blew them away. but i think it was all my preparedness. in the end of the 7 day, the igloos were the only chest to have remaining ice.

i love the high end chest. just cant justify the cost. i dont use them that much.

14. Sep 17, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Bought a brand new one from a guy off CL for half of what he paid. I live in Houston and it get hotter than F, I let mine sit outside everyday and I put a bag of ice a week in it, works great.

15. Sep 17, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    zacharypaul89

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    My father-in-law, brother-in-law, and I are about to do the same thing this weekend! My father-in-law is old school and is just going with a Styrofoam cooler and my brother-in-law is using a Pelican. I'm using the Yeti. We're all going to put a bag of ice in each cooler and see whose has more water at the end of the day. I'm confident. If that damn Styrofoam cooler wins, I'm gonna be pissed lol

16. Sep 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    Almost got one but went with an Engel instead, it fit in the cars trunk better than the other options.
    Worked great on our 5000 mile road trip.

17. Sep 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    If I had to do it all over again I'd go pelican. I have two yetis but love pelican's customer service and warranty.

18. Sep 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    mikeag11

mikeag11 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 PreRunner Texas Edition
    I've been trying to buy one for a few weeks now. Their website is sold out on pretty much every single size in every single color. Sucks when you're an impulsive buyer.

19. Sep 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    t4daddy

t4daddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Double Cab
  20. Sep 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    apparently, when you buy a YETI, they include a bunch of stickers. my buddy stuck a YETI sticker on both of my cheap ass igloos. i laughed at first, now i just look like a douche poseur. hahaha.

good luck. i cannot imagine a styrofoam box winning this.

Products Discussed in

To Top