Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

How many people own a yeti cooler?

Old 01-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
tristen is on a distinguished road
Name: Tristen
tristen's Tacoma Gallery
How many people own a yeti cooler?

I personally bought one yesterday, don't know why, but I did. Used it that night too, in the morning I dumped the ice out and there wasn't a drop of water. Who else owns one and what are your opinions?
Old 01-02-2013, 03:18 AM   #3
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I want one but the coolers I have are good enough for what I use them for. If I were in the business for using a cooler for my living I would get one . I am not though, I can see fishermen, guides using them to the fullest though. I do like the coolers though.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:33 AM   #4
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
I have two
Old 01-02-2013, 04:09 AM   #5
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
One of my best buds has one, I don't, but do have some experience with his. You keep the lid closed, they will hold ice forever (well almost) if the lid is fanned back and forth, they loose alot of there effectiveness.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:28 AM   #7
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: E Co, 4-3 ADA BN Executive Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
I've been wanting to get one for hunting and fishing, but I keep finding something else to spend the money on.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:57 AM   #8
StuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Mark
StuckinOhio's Tacoma Gallery
Just got one in October. They are expensive but worth it. First time I used it I got ice to pre-cool it 2 days before a trip. Had to dump the ice out because it did not melt down. Seriously tough coolers. Will not buy any other brand now that I have a Yeti!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:02 AM   #9
claymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant future

Name: Clay
claymore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
dang moneybags on TW

my coleman coolers get it done

Coleman Xtreme.........Poor mans Yeti. Will keep your beer on ice at 90 degrees for 4 days. (as long as you dont get too drunk and leave the lid open!)
Old 09-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
Hate to revive a dead thread, but...the g/f got me a Yeti for Christmas, so I've had it for about 9 months. The day I opened it, I loaded it with ice...and beer lol. Later that day, the carpet around it was wet; water was dripping from the drain hole. I took the plug out and the threads looked like crap, so I called Yeti and they sent me a plug that screwed in from the inside and outside, which fixed the issue. Well, yesterday, I loaded up the cooler with ice...and beer...again lol. The lid was bowed and wouldn't seal. I let the ice melt and flipped the cooler upside down to see if any water would leak out, and it did. I don't know if I got a lemon, or what, but my Yeti is a P.O.S. I've got friends that have them and theirs are perfect. I've dealt with Yeti's customer service before (with my drain issue) and it was top-notch. I'm calling tomorrow to see if I can either get a new cooler or a refund. I know they make solid products, so hopefully they'll replace it. I think I just got a lemon.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #11
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just got off the phone with their customer service. I had to email them a few pics and they emailed me a shipping label and, as soon as I send it to them, they're replacing it for free! Hopefully, this time, I'll get a better one.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #12
Grundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Grundletaint's Tacoma Gallery
Got one as a wedding gift from some family members. It's pretty awesome but total overkill for my needs.

I wouldn't spend that much money on one myself but if you're a fisherman, hunter, or will be in the woods for 3+ days, it's hard to beat. Again, it's gonna be overkill in a range of situations but they market it really well and it stands up to the hype.

My main gripe is that it's heavy as hell so most of the time I have to load it up, then get it in the truck, then put the ice in because at that point it weighs like 500 lbs.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #13
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
my good friend got two of them. at the same time, my brother got a Grizzly cooler and an Engel.

i had a pair of cheapo Igloo ultra cools. we all were meeting in Idaho for an elk hunt. the challenge was set. which cooler would perform best. i took the challenge seriously. i froze everything before putting it in my igloos. meat, juice..everything.

they just did it normal. food + ice.

i admit, my igloos blew them away. but i think it was all my preparedness. in the end of the 7 day, the igloos were the only chest to have remaining ice.

i love the high end chest. just cant justify the cost. i dont use them that much.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Bought a brand new one from a guy off CL for half of what he paid. I live in Houston and it get hotter than F, I let mine sit outside everyday and I put a bag of ice a week in it, works great.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
my good friend got two of them. at the same time, my brother got a Grizzly cooler and an Engel.

i had a pair of cheapo Igloo ultra cools. we all were meeting in Idaho for an elk hunt. the challenge was set. which cooler would perform best. i took the challenge seriously. i froze everything before putting it in my igloos. meat, juice..everything.

they just did it normal. food + ice.

i admit, my igloos blew them away. but i think it was all my preparedness. in the end of the 7 day, the igloos were the only chest to have remaining ice.

i love the high end chest. just cant justify the cost. i dont use them that much.
My father-in-law, brother-in-law, and I are about to do the same thing this weekend! My father-in-law is old school and is just going with a Styrofoam cooler and my brother-in-law is using a Pelican. I'm using the Yeti. We're all going to put a bag of ice in each cooler and see whose has more water at the end of the day. I'm confident. If that damn Styrofoam cooler wins, I'm gonna be pissed lol
Old 09-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #16
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Almost got one but went with an Engel instead, it fit in the cars trunk better than the other options.
Worked great on our 5000 mile road trip.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #17
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
If I had to do it all over again I'd go pelican. I have two yetis but love pelican's customer service and warranty.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #18
mikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
mikeag11's Tacoma Gallery
I've been trying to buy one for a few weeks now. Their website is sold out on pretty much every single size in every single color. Sucks when you're an impulsive buyer.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #19
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a good take, from a non biased source, not trying to sell anything.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6-TE4Rn...%3D6-TE4RnqT0U
Old 09-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #20
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharypaul89 View Post
My father-in-law, brother-in-law, and I are about to do the same thing this weekend! My father-in-law is old school and is just going with a Styrofoam cooler and my brother-in-law is using a Pelican. I'm using the Yeti. We're all going to put a bag of ice in each cooler and see whose has more water at the end of the day. I'm confident. If that damn Styrofoam cooler wins, I'm gonna be pissed lol
apparently, when you buy a YETI, they include a bunch of stickers. my buddy stuck a YETI sticker on both of my cheap ass igloos. i laughed at first, now i just look like a douche poseur. hahaha.

good luck. i cannot imagine a styrofoam box winning this.