Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

2013 Formula 1 Season Paddock

Old 03-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #241
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Driver. I'm pretty new to the sport (last year was my first time watching a full F1 race) so I've flipped a few times on who I enjoy watching and pull for. I really like Hamilton from the get go but now I think he's a pre-madonna. I cant stand Vettel. I do like Button and Weber but I find myself rooting most for Alonso. The job he did last year was amazing ... I believe he'a way better driver, in it's purest form, than Vettel. I also like Massa just because of the story.. psychology plays a huge part in any sport. Coming back from the head injury is impressive.

Last year I probably rooted for Massa harder than anyone, only because Alonso was always in the front anyway, so he didn't need my help as much :P
Old 03-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #242
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
I like Massa and Kimi
Old 03-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #243
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalMedic View Post
As usual, I'm pulling for Webber in particular, and Red Bull in general. I really hope there is another crazy start to the season like last year. That was the most exciting part, watching 7 drivers in 7 races win.

Anyone else going to be in Austin for that Grand Prix? I'll be there. There is nothing like hearing that motor at full roar, watching the corner speed these guys carry in, along with hearing the gearboxes scream as they downshift. Unbelievable.
My brother and I went last year, amazing experience.
I'm going to the Montreal race
Old 03-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #244
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm going to the Montreal race

If the funds would allow it, I'd be at the Montreal race as well. My boss is cool with me taking vacation in November, but I'd probably have a hard time convincing him to let me go for 2 races.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #245
Augie is on a distinguished road

Marines: 0331
Augie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
As usual, I'm pulling for Webber in particular, and Red Bull in general. I really hope there is another crazy start to the season like last year. That was the most exciting part, watching 7 drivers in 7 races win.

Anyone else going to be in Austin for that Grand Prix? I'll be there. There is nothing like hearing that motor at full roar, watching the corner speed these guys carry in, along with hearing the gearboxes scream as they downshift. Unbelievable.
My brother and I went last year, amazing experience.
I'll be in Austin....but for the MotoGP race in April. I was at the last F1 race in Indy and haven't been to one since.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #246

Augie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If the funds would allow it, I'd be at the Montreal race as well. My boss is cool with me taking vacation in November, but I'd probably have a hard time convincing him to let me go for 2 races.
Montreal is a pretty cool track and the city is really nice. l was there in 03....damn I'm old.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #247
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
Montreal is a pretty cool track and the city is really nice. l was there in 03....damn I'm old.

Haha, I was on active duty then. Montreal looks very cool, lots of shadowing on the track making it difficult for the drivers as they rush along, one of the best straights on the schedule, topped only by Japan for running down to a turn. Austin's run up to turn one is destined to be an epic sight for years.

I just want to laugh at Hamilton all year. I'm not saying he made a mistake by jumping to Mercedes, but I just don't like the guy. Button is an amazing driver. If I could hear Kimi's radio channel all season, I'd be a happy camper.

On another topic, I really hope NBC Sports does a good job with their broadcast. They brought most of the Speed team over and they're using the SKY feed. I don't really see how they could fuck it up. I always hated seeing the races on FOX (about 1/2 the season) due to the ridiculous amount of commercials.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #248
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
If NBC is using the Sky feed it's too bad you won't get Martin Brundle's commentary , he is awesome

He used to do the BBC feed which is the one TSN broadcasts in Canada
Old 03-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #249
Molon Labe

On the bright side, we get to keep David Hobbs, who I am convinced gets drunk during the broadcast. He makes less and less sense as the race goes on, slurring his words.

Speed used the SKY feed as well and threw the commentary from the US over the top of it. The only guy who was actually at the track was the twit Will Buxton. Without getting political here, he said some really dumb shit about US policy and guns over Twitter after the Sandy Hook shooting. I lost all respect for him then.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #250

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
On the bright side, we get to keep David Hobbs, who I am convinced gets drunk during the broadcast. He makes less and less sense as the race goes on, slurring his words.

Speed used the SKY feed as well and threw the commentary from the US over the top of it. The only guy who was actually at the track was the twit Will Buxton. Without getting political here, he said some really dumb shit about US policy and guns over Twitter after the Sandy Hook shooting. I lost all respect for him then.
I like David Hobbs and Will Buxton , Steve Matchet is knowledgeable but repeats himself constantly
Old 03-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #251
Molon Labe

Being from nowheresville Southern Illinois, I was amazed at the party F1 threw in Austin and how much money they threw around. Austin was a pretty cool town and they matched the party dollar for dollar. There were events everywhere that weekend.

On a much more random side note, I think the guys from MXC (Kenny and Vic) need to do the commentary.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:50 PM   #252

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I get the BBC feed with Suzi Perry this year joining DC and Eddie Jordan
Old 03-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #253

Augie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Hobbs is the Best! I try to stay away from their views off of the track because I'm sure they would bother me.
I'm gonna try and make Austin in 2014 but it's gonna be difficult for me because I really don't want to see V6's going around the track. I wish they would go back to V10's!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #254
Molon Labe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
Hobbs is the Best! I try to stay away from their views off of the track because I'm sure they would bother me.
I'm gonna try and make Austin in 2014 but it's gonna be difficult for me because I really don't want to see V6's going around the track. I wish they would go back to V10's!
Ferrari and McLaren pitched a fit about the v6's and how they don't produce them, therefore adding an exorbitant cost to them. There will be a very wild start to the season as the teams figure out how to slap a turbo on the v6 and make it fit. Reliability could be a concern in the beginning on 2014.
Regardless, I'll be there.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #255
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I really like Hamilton from the get go but now I think he's a pre-madonna.
Me too. When I first started watching I liked Hamilton but he kind of seems like a little bitch now.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #257

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
And it drives me crazy when he quotes the parfirma regultory rules like a bible.
parc ferme
Old 03-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #258
Molon Labe

Hearing the rules every race doesn't bother me, there are new viewers all the time that may not have any idea about the intricacies of F1. I learned a lot when I first got started watching the broadcasts and their in depth knowledge.
I do think I'll miss Bob Varsha's calm moderation of Hobbs and Matchett. Leigh Diffey doesn't have the same calmness to him.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #259

Augie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hearing the rules every race doesn't bother me, there are new viewers all the time that may not have any idea about the intricacies of F1. I learned a lot when I first got started watching the broadcasts and their in depth knowledge.
I do think I'll miss Bob Varsha's calm moderation of Hobbs and Matchett. Leigh Diffey doesn't have the same calmness to him.
I agree that Varsha was even keel. I don't like Diffey at all. He gets a bit loud at times and overly excited which is what Matchett does but it's funny that I don't mind it when he does that.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #260
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hearing the rules every race doesn't bother me, there are new viewers all the time that may not have any idea about the intricacies of F1.
It would be like having to listen to John Madden during Monday night football at every off sides (or pick your favorite foul) explain why it was off sides and when they started to call off sides and how it impacts the game and what the consequences are.

Sometimes it just makes me want to say STFU.