Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

2013 Formula 1 Season Paddock

Old 03-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #262
TacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet -11B
Name: Randy
TacoRan's Tacoma Gallery
Honda return?

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...a-partner.html
Old 03-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #263
Augie is on a distinguished road

Marines: 0331
Augie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoRan View Post

I read about that this morning. It would be good to see them come back and have some success like that did several years ago.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #265
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I'd love to see a few more options in the field.
x2

I'd like to see Toyota come back
Old 03-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #267
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
x2

I'd like to see Toyota come back
With the introduction of the V6 powerplants in 2014 there is talk of Honda , Toyota and VW / Audi considering entering
Old 03-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #268
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
Drug testers hit F1 drivers

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motor...306-2flqp.html

Seeing how this article is dated in the future it will give them a chance to clean out?
It's tomorrow in Australia
Old 03-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #269
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
With the introduction of the V6 powerplants in 2014 there is talk of Honda , Toyota and VW / Audi considering entering
I'd love to see an Audi chassis especially with all the success of their tours in Le Mans LMP1
Old 03-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #270
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd love to see an Audi chassis especially with all the success of their tours in Le Mans LMP1

That would be cool. I think cost effectiveness would be a major deciding factor in any new team entering.

I'm all about shaking up the front runners. Anything for a more exciting race.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #271

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Found a cool app you guys may like , F1 News HD , it has all the latest news from different sources , and info on teams and drivers with links to Twitter feeds as well

Seems pretty cool so far for $1.99
Old 03-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #273
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If Audi was to get into F1 i bet they would really bring it? How about a turbo diesel v6 turbo?
Old 03-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #274

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So in Australia does that make us yesterday? lol
Yes
Old 03-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #275

Quote:
If Audi was to get into F1 i bet they would really bring it? How about a turbo diesel v6 turbo?
I'd love to see Audi use its TDi technologies in F1, but I'd doubt FIA would not allow it unless they came up with a separate set of rules for diesels in F1
Old 03-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #276
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whoa, TWO turbos?
Quote:
I'd love to see Audi use its TDi technologies in F1, but I'd doubt FIA would not allow it unless they came up with a separate set of rules for diesels in F1
Turbo diesel hybrid.

But that is tech FIA like to showcase at Le Mans. If you start crossing over too much the series becomes redundant. It's what killed the legendary Group C prototypes in the 90s.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #277

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Two sets of engine rules would defeat the FIA's cost cutting measures
Old 03-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #278

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudpedal View Post
Whoa, TWO turbos?

Turbo diesel hybrid.

But that is tech FIA like to showcase at Le Mans. If you start crossing over too much the series becomes redundant. It's what killed the legendary Group C prototypes in the 90s.
Audi ran a diesel / electric hydbrid last year at LeMans or is that what you are saying ?
Old 03-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #279
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Audi ran a diesel / electric hydbrid last year at LeMans or is that what you are saying ?
Yes. Existing technology that they could cram into a F1 car. Probably possible, but would go against FIA's current financial climate as you said above.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #280

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudpedal View Post
Yes. Existing technology that they could cram into a F1 car. Probably possible, but would go against FIA's current financial climate as you said above.
I think the F1 tech will move in the direction of a stronger KERS system with the V6 powerplants versus branching out to a diesels