Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

2013 Formula 1 Season Paddock

Old 03-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #401
Canes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EAOS 83'
Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
Whitmush called last night, said no worries, they got this. So Mr Button in the top 5 next race.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #402
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Maranello

F1 n00b.
FU , I was on coffee #1
Old 03-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #403
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
FU , I was on coffee #1
I'm on 3 or 4 at least, it's going to be one of those days. Sick but at work with a training class .. 12 people eager to learn about Marvin windows.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #404
Augie is on a distinguished road

Marines: 0331
Augie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ferrari's wind tunnel at Marranelo was fucked , they are rebuilding it to the tune of around $15 mil

Red bull has Adrian Newey and Renault , and incase you missed it , came in 3rd
OZ...Red Bull Racing 2010, 2011,2012,constructors champions which is what matters to the manufacturers...just in case you missed it
So they have gotten their design right.
You have to admit that last year they (Ferrari) got the design wrong. This year is looking better for the prancing horse but now they have Renault to contend with also.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #405
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
OZ...Red Bull Racing 2010, 2011,2012,constructors champions which is what matters to the manufacturers...just in case you missed it
So they have gotten their design right.
You have to admit that last year they (Ferrari) got the design wrong. This year is looking better for the prancing horse but now they have Renault to contend with also.
Adrian Newey

and last year , Ferrari's wind tunnel was broken
Old 03-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #406
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
I only hope that this season's races are as contested as Sunday's race. I normally DVR the races and watch in the morning/afternoon. Since I DVR it, if, like last season Vettel takes off and there's not much of a race, I start fast forwarding through the recording. Sunday's race,,, I watched the entire thing. It can get boring when one driver/manufacturer take off and the race is for third, fourth, fifth, etc.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #407
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
I only hope that this season's races are as contested as Sunday's race. I normally DVR the races and watch in the morning/afternoon. Since I DVR it, if, like last season Vettel takes off and there's not much of a race, I start fast forwarding through the recording. Sunday's race,,, I watched the entire thing. It can get boring when one driver/manufacturer take off and the race is for third, fourth, fifth, etc.
That's the only reason I'm not a full blown F1 nut. I love watching the races but frankly they can be a tad boring sometimes. I'm not a Nascar fan either, but they do a really good job of keeping cars racing together.

I also don't like the separation between the top 4-6 drivers and the rest of the field. Seems like a huge talent and car performance gap.

From what I've heard/read the competitiveness in F1 right now is higher that it has been for years .. but it still seems that we laps and laps and laps without anybody close 1-5.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #408
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalMedic View Post
Webber should spend every second between races practicing his starts. WTF. That cost him at least the podium. Again.
Webber had KERS and other issues since formation lap. He does tend to have poor starts often though. According to Horner:

"Mark's problems were hugely frustrating because it was an ECU issue that's obviously supplied by a third party. We lost all telemetry on the formation lap, so you can't do the preparation you need to for the start.

"That ECU issue shut the KERS down as well. So by the time we'd reset the system, he'd lost the start and lost early ground. "

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1226599499545
Old 03-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #409

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
You're on probation
Old 03-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #410

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
That's the only reason I'm not a full blown F1 nut. I love watching the races but frankly they can be a tad boring sometimes. I'm not a Nascar fan either, but they do a really good job of keeping cars racing together.

I also don't like the separation between the top 4-6 drivers and the rest of the field. Seems like a huge talent and car performance gap.

From what I've heard/read the competitiveness in F1 right now is higher that it has been for years .. but it still seems that we laps and laps and laps without anybody close 1-5.
One more outburst like that , you're banned
Old 03-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #411
Recklessly tired

Quote:
One more outburst like that , you're banned
OZ2X4

Twice the wit, half the power.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #414
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
^
Old 03-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #415
matadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
matadorCE's Tacoma Gallery
One if not the most impressive part on an F1 car is how fast they stop. It's really something to see those cars go 100+ to zero in what seems like 20 yards.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #416

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadorCE View Post
One if not the most impressive part on an F1 car is how fast they stop. It's really something to see those cars go 100+ to zero in what seems like 20 yards.
and then back up to top speed in 20 yards
Old 03-20-2013, 06:19 AM   #417
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're on probation
Nothing worse then a Canuckian Control Freak!!

Old 03-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #419
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalMedic View Post
Webber should spend every second between races practicing his starts. WTF. That cost him at least the podium. Again.
Every race, ever.

Hammond starts as well as Webber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGUZJVY-sHo
Old 03-21-2013, 11:25 PM   #420
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered my tickets for Austin!