Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

2013 Formula 1 Season Paddock

Old 03-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #461
Canes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EAOS 83'
Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
Bad boy disobeyed TEAM orders and WON race. I don't agree with what he did, thats why no team orders. Listen, this is all the time I'm gonna spend on this subject, shall we just agree to disagree. You go ahead and get the last word in and lets just move on.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #463
"I think I know more than I do."
Bullfrog is on a distinguished road

Name: McLaren
Bullfrog's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Formula 1 Season Paddock-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364322300.375957.jpg I got a good kick out of it.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #464
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes58 View Post
Bad boy disobeyed TEAM orders and WON race. I don't agree with what he did, thats why no team orders. Listen, this is all the time I'm gonna spend on this subject, shall we just agree to disagree. You go ahead and get the last word in and lets just move on.
That's like sending a football team onto the pitch and letting them all run whatever play they feel like
Old 03-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #465
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
I finally had a chance to watch the Malaysia Grand Prix last night. Wow, now I know what all the fuss is about.

I've got a 15 yr. old that follows orders better than Seb Vettel.

Bad decision not pitting Alonso, cost him.

That pit stop for old times sake Lewis Hamilton made was funny.

Shanghai is next!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #467
Canes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsp...ry/104457.html

Bernies thoughts on my thoughts
Old 03-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #468
matadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
matadorCE's Tacoma Gallery
Webber should have turned the engine back up and gotten his position back. The race isnt over until the checkered flag drops, not when you've done your last pit stop and you're out in front but still have over ten laps to go. If I'm paying to see a race, I want to see a race from the lights go out to when the checkered flag drops.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #469
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
So , you guys are suggesting that the manufacturers should foot the bill for the cars , drivers , support staff and travel and then let them do whatever the fuck they feel like with the cars

I could see that if every team had one car , but they don't
Old 03-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #470
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
So , you guys are suggesting that the manufacturers should foot the bill for the cars , drivers , support staff and travel and then let them do whatever the fuck they feel like with the cars

I could see that if every team had one car , but they don't
Marussia look to Russia to boost budget.

"Everyone knows that we have the smallest budget of all the teams in Formula One, and quite frankly, I'm proud of that," Webb told Reuters after formally signing the contract in a luxury central Moscow hotel.

"It costs us 1.25 million pounds ($1.89 million) per week just to stay in Formula One, to maintain this level. Obviously if you want to move up you need a much bigger budget," he said.

There is a LOT MORE money involved for Red Bull and Mercedes for them to let drivers do whatever they want.

Sadly, not what fans want to see. I agree with that.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #471
matadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gotta pay to play. That's why the manufacturers have sponsors to help foot a big portion of the bill, and winning and putting on a good race brings in more sponsors. Fans follow the sport and pay to see to see racing, not to watch cars limp to the finish line with over a dozen laps still to go.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #472

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadorCE View Post
Gotta pay to play. That's why the manufacturers have sponsors to help foot a big portion of the bill, and winning and putting on a good race brings in more sponsors. Fans follow the sport and pay to see to see racing, not to watch cars limp to the finish line with over a dozen laps still to go.
Teams get paid their share of the F1 proceeds based on their position in the Constructors' Championship at the end if the year , Red Bull wanted to ensure full points for their team , makes more sense than potentially losing both cars in a collision and the subsequent points for the vanity of one driver getting 8 more driver's points than the other
Old 03-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #473

Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Webber should have turned the engine back up and gotten his position back. The race isnt over until the checkered flag drops, not when you've done your last pit stop and you're out in front but still have over ten laps to go. If I'm paying to see a race, I want to see a race from the lights go out to when the checkered flag drops.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #474
Quote:
Red Bull wanted to ensure full points for their team , makes more sense than potentially losing both cars in a collision and the subsequent points for the vanity of one driver getting 8 more driver's points than the other
Vettel came up through Red Bull's development program, so now that their ultra competitive and cold, calculating world champion driver left them with public egg on Horner's face is partly their own fault.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #475

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Vettel came up through Red Bull's development program, so now that their ultra competitive and cold, calculating world champion driver left them with public egg on Horner's face is partly their own fault.
I don't agree

Vettel chose to disobey team orders on his own , that's not Horner's doing
Old 03-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #476
Augie is on a distinguished road

Marines: 0331
Augie's Tacoma Gallery
Well we can all settle down now. I just saw an article on ESPN F1 and it states that Helmut Marko says the Red Bull issues are now "settled" so we can all resume our normal activity. I for one will have a better day now.....
Old 03-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #477

Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
Stay tuned for the upcoming Nico/Louise drama that's about to unfold, I guarantee.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #478

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes58 View Post
Stay tuned for the upcoming Nico/Louise drama that's about to unfold, I guarantee.
More likey is round 2 in Webber / Vettel
Old 03-28-2013, 10:41 PM   #479

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Team principal Christian Horner revealed Vettel apologised to the whole Red Bull factory this week.

"He's said he can't turn back the clock but he's accepted what he did was wrong," Horner said.

"He's apologised to the team and to every single member of staff for his actions, because he recognises the team is vitally important and being part of the team is a crucial aspect to being able to challenge for those championships."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21967790
Old 03-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #480
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Team principal Christian Horner revealed Vettel apologised to the whole Red Bull factory this week.

"He's said he can't turn back the clock but he's accepted what he did was wrong," Horner said.

"He's apologised to the team and to every single member of staff for his actions, because he recognises the team is vitally important and being part of the team is a crucial aspect to being able to challenge for those championships."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21967790
What a load of crap. That's like saying a politician saying he's sorry. He's sorry he got caught. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for those ass-chewings.