Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

2013 NCAA Football Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #3001
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and if my fellow Dawg fans haven't heard Marshall Morgan (fg kicker) is still suspended for the SC game. I don't understand why Richt didn't release that before but that sucks. 2 games for a BUI? haven't we had DUI's only get 1 game in the past?
Old 09-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #3002
HossNFross Per "Oz"
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209249908
Quote:
Mitchell said today he didn’t necessarily agree with the call, but understood that officials had a different opinion on the play. He wanted to make clear that he wasn’t leading with his own helmet, though an ejection can be applied either when a defender uses the crown of his helmet or when he’s ruled to have targeted an opponent’s head with any body part.
“For everybody to know, they think I went with my head; it was not my head, it was clearly my shoulder,” Mitchell said. “I was already committed to what I was going to do. I thought he was going to try to lower his shoulder and get the first down; he slid, I had already committed, (and) it was my shoulder. If it was my head, I probably would have been a little shook up, too.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #3004
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Oh and if my fellow Dawg fans haven't heard Marshall Morgan (fg kicker) is still suspended for the SC game. I don't understand why Richt didn't release that before but that sucks. 2 games for a BUI? haven't we had DUI's only get 1 game in the past?
The rules are two games for DUI, so they used the same standard. He was pulling two people - have no problem with what he got... In reality, he wasn't all that to begin with so it's not like it is a big loss.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #3005
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Back to the O line, I think we may need a new coach in that department. I'm not even sure who that is but it seems we always have O line issues. For once we are supposed to be strong there but I sure didn't see it Saturday. I saw a line that got frustrated and started chop blocking as a result. Unless there was something else behind that. Aside from them not blocking, how many times did the O line get penalized which ultimately stopped some drives? It was at least 3 that I can remember.

Bottom line, I was optimistic that our O would carry us with the young D but now I'm not so sure.
I am not sold on the idea that Friend needs to go. After all, this is what, his second year? It's about the players, and not about the number of stars one recruit has. Take our ultra-uber Theus for example, he was a five star and supposed to be really awesome. But, as we all know that's not the case. That said, we can recruit big time stars, but if the desire (outside of the "me" attitude, of course), then they will turn out nothing more than average, as our man Theus has done...
Old 09-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #3006
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
I am not sold on the idea that Friend needs to go. After all, this is what, his second year? It's about the players, and not about the number of stars one recruit has. Take our ultra-uber Theus for example, he was a five star and supposed to be really awesome. But, as we all know that's not the case. That said, we can recruit big time stars, but if the desire (outside of the "me" attitude, of course), then they will turn out nothing more than average, as our man Theus has done...
I just know that we always have issues with the o line. It was just one game though so maybe we will be fine. Saturday will be a big test, probably one of the best if not the best defensive front we will face all year.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #3007
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
I think this Sat. could be anybodys game. I really think it'll be closer than last years.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:08 AM   #3008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
I think this Sat. could be anybodys game. I really think it'll be closer than last years.
^What he said.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #3009
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In regards to the O line that we were on the 2 or 3 yard line first and goal and couldn't punch it in and settled for the field goal that was botched coming away with nothing. Everyone is blaming the bad snap but we shouldn't have been kicking in the first place. Should have had 7.
Woah there, cowboy... You missed a FG from PAT range. Should have been 6, maybe, but lets not just count on that extra point.

Quote:
But aside from that, what I was saying about Murray is that I think he will never shed that label of not winning the big games. I thought to myself before the season started this would either be a great year for him to shed that or it would get worse. We all see which direction that's going. And it's ironic that a lot of the games were not his fault just like Saturday. He made some mistakes but he did do more good than bad but he will be known for the bad.

Some players are known for fumbling, some for being injury prone, I just think with that loss that unless we go undefeated from here out Murray will go down as the guy that cant win the big games even though he has great numbers.
Murray could still go on to win the national championship... he has time to shed the ironic 'Big Game Murray' label.

Imagine this... Georgia wins out, and beats Alabama in the SECC. (Yes, I know that's CRAZY talk, but still...) If Clemson wins out they'll be in the title game. They have to play FSU, but at least they get them at home.

A 1-loss SEC champ doesn't need all THAT much help to be in the national championship. If there aren't any other undefeated teams, you could have ANOTHER RE-MATCH for the title with UGA and Clemson.

I think an undefeated Oregon, Stanford, Ohio State, Texas, etc. would get in over a 1-loss SEC team, but I don't think Louisville would.

Quote:
Is BUI boating, or biking? I've heard of both, and while I thought Biking-UA was ridiculous when I first heard about it, I was told that people were biking drunk, riding into traffic and getting hit, hurting themselves, the cars that hit them, and causing auto/auto accidents b/c people swerved.

Anyway... We had a guy get a DUI a couple of weeks ago. One game suspension and other internal discipline. Don't think that was harsh enough, but I also don't know any of the circumstances or the internal punishment, so I won't climb up on the soap box.

Quote:
I read that he was pissy about playing time / reps. He was in the game Saturday, but didn't have a catch. (I don't remember if they even threw it to him.) Anyway, Saban probably asked him what the f*** he was thinking, and told him to get his ass back on the field... Earning an NFL roster spot is the best way to provide for his family. Like I said before, he already has a degree, and Bama players get hooked up with jobs after school, so he should be OK. Don't know if people tend to give quitters the same hook-up.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #3010
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
BUI in this case is Boating under the influence.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #3011
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
I don't expect us to win that one. But...I'll still do the profile pic wager with Warputer if he wants to...
Hey brutha.....your avatar is throwing me for a fuckin loop. How long do you have to wear that like a dunce cap?
Old 09-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #3012
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cuz national title chances BASICALLY got destroyed in the first game of the season
^THIS . . . . . sad but true.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #3013
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post
Hey brutha.....your avatar is throwing me for a fuckin loop. How long do you have to wear that like a dunce cap?
yea, I miss my own posts sometimes, not gonna lie. I think the bet was a week. So Til Saturday I guess.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #3014
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea, I miss my own posts sometimes, not gonna lie. I think the bet was a week. So Til Saturday I guess.
unless you lose to the chickens...then it'll be even worse!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #3015
Oregon Edition

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn!

I'm gonna get used to that paw then it'll turn into a chicken and fuck me up again

Can't wait to watch that game. Should be badass.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #3016
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
unless you lose to the chickens...then it'll be even worse!
He may never have his old avi back. Derick, you wanna do a wager for LSU/UGA?
Old 09-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #3017
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my season tickets!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #3018
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
He may never have his old avi back. Derick, you wanna do a wager for LSU/UGA?
I'm in. Same thing?
Old 09-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #3019

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm in. Same thing?
One week with the winning teams Avi?
Old 09-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #3020
Oregon Edition

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah....best sign and only sign that made me fuckin laugh on Gameday was.................

Herp Derpstreet. I could not stop laughing at that.