Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

2013 NCAA Football Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #4561
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4x4 View Post
Who wants to go DUCK hunting lol
You Bastad
Old 10-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #4562
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4x4 View Post
Who wants to go DUCK hunting lol

whats the story behind Oregon having a "Duck" as a mascot anyways? Is there a lot of ducks there or what?
Old 10-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #4563
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
whats the story behind Oregon having a "Duck" as a mascot anyways? Is there a lot of ducks there or what?
When the college was first founded, they were called the webfeet because the area was so wet.

Webfeet became the Ducks.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #4564
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
When the college was first founded, they were called the webfeet because the area was so wet.

Webfeet became the Ducks.
That's interesting....thanks!
Old 10-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #4565
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
That's interesting....thanks!
Better history. Donald was a "handshake" deal with with Walt Disney.
Quote:
Oregon teams were originally known as Webfoots, possibly as early as the 1890s.[1] The Webfoots name originally applied to a group of fishermen from the coast of Massachusetts who had been heroes during the American Revolutionary War. When their descendants settled in Oregon's Willamette Valley in the 19th century, the name stayed with them.[2] A naming contest in 1926 won by Oregonian sports editor L. H. Gregory made the Webfoots name official, and a subsequent student vote in 1932 affirmed the nickname, chosen over other suggested nicknames such as Pioneers, Trappers, Lumberjacks, Wolves, and Yellow Jackets.[1][3][4]
Ducks, with their webbed feet, began to be associated with the team in the 1920s, and a live white duck named "Puddles" began to appear at sports events.[2] Journalists, especially headline writers, also adopted the shorter Duck nickname.[3] In 1978, a student cartoonist came up with a new duck image called Mallard Drake, but students chose Donald as the official mascot by a 2–to–1 margin.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #4566
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Also..........Theres a SHIT TON of Ducks here. Last week at my kids soccer game, it was raining so damn much there was a shitload of Ducks swimming in the baseball infield. They are everywhere.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #4567
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
These look creepy as hell. Why are they doing this?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ashington-game

Old 10-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #4568
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
I think Conely and Wooten are seniors, aren't they? But we still have many wr's with Mitchell and Scott-Wesley coming back.
My mistake, you are correct. Out of those two, Conley is the bigger loss. I was thinking of the rock toters. The addition of Sony and Chubb are going to give us Bama depth. We will be fine on both sides of the ball. I just wish Murray wasn't leaving...
Old 10-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #4569
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner03 View Post

Fuckin idiots...
Old 10-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #4570
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner03 View Post

NO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
Fuckin idiots...
^ This
Old 10-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #4571

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
NO

^ This
I'm thinking I'll be skipping Game Day tomorrow. It's going to be packed with no parking...
Old 10-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #4572
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I'm thinking I'll be skipping Game Day tomorrow. It's going to be packed with no parking...

Yeah Brady probably a good Idea. Looks like you will be awfully cold in that outfit any ways.

Haslefre Getting ready for gameday ^
Old 10-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #4573

Air Force:
Quote:
Yeah Brady probably a good Idea. Looks like you will be awfully cold in that outfit any ways.

Haslefre Getting ready for gameday ^
I haven't had that outfit in a long time. But that's a bit outdated. Nobody drinks squirt anymore.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #4574

Quote:
I haven't had that outfit in a long time. But that's a bit outdated. Nobody drinks squirt anymore.

hahhaha. Good call. I think my grandparents are the only ones drinking diet squirt. I just hope its close tomorrow and I'll be happyish
Old 10-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #4575

Air Force:
Quote:
hahhaha. Good call. I think my grandparents are the only ones drinking diet squirt. I just hope its close tomorrow and I'll be happyish
I'll keep it civil on here. I should pm you my #so you can rub it in if something bad does happen.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #4576

Quote:
I'll keep it civil on here. I should pm you my #so you can rub it in if something bad does happen.

Dude I wouldn't rub anything in. I don't think you have much to worry about anyways.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #4577
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
My mistake, you are correct. Out of those two, Conley is the bigger loss. I was thinking of the rock toters. The addition of Sony and Chubb are going to give us Bama depth. We will be fine on both sides of the ball. I just wish Murray wasn't leaving...
Speaking of Chubb, he went over 350 yrs and had 5 TD's last night against Cedartown.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #4578
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
As a clemson fan...am I right in being worried about BC today?
Old 10-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #4579
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
I'll try in here, anyone in Dallas and want to go to the UT/OU game, I have one ticket going to waste, its yours free if you're in the area. Texas side of course!