Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

2013 NCAA Football Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #5681
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post

When is the orange out happening
Old 10-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #5682
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
It all depends on which team shows up. The one that blew you out in the second half or the one that lost to ole miss
Agreed.

It was the annual 4th quarter collapse that we have against y'all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post
My pumpkins every year!!!

Digging them.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #5683
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
When is the orange out happening
Friday
Old 10-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #5684
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Watch out for Alabama's left tackle Cyrus Kouandjo (#71... the giant on the left of the line): He'll slap-block your ass...

How is that not illegal use of the hands, appears to be actually throwing a blow?
Old 10-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #5685
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
How is that not illegal use of the hands, appears to be actually throughing a blow?
I don't get that either. If he's hitting in shoulder pads then yeah I can kinda see that as legal maybe, but to the head that should be a flag
Old 10-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #5686
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Watch out for Alabama's left tackle Cyrus Kouandjo (#71... the giant on the left of the line): He'll slap-block your ass...

Big J. Clowney would stick a foot up his ass........maybe these boys will get to meet in the Championship game.....but I doubt it. Probably will be Mizzou instead.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #5687
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner03 View Post
Exactly why I think we can win. Ain't skeered.
I can agree with that. Ya never know what to expect from our team. Champion caliber one week & a bunch of bums the next.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #5688
Mustard Tiger
OrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
OrlPreds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
I don't get that either. If he's hitting in shoulder pads then yeah I can kinda see that as legal maybe, but to the head that should be a flag
both look to the shoulder to me. perfectly legal. hopefully someone sets him up with that with a rip to the inside
Old 10-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #5689
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlPreds View Post
both look to the shoulder to me. perfectly legal. hopefully someone sets him up with that with a rip to the inside
Yeah it's close. I bet he's not hittin them that hard, just using their momentum more than anything. It just doesn't look right
Old 10-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #5690
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
I can agree with that. Ya never know what to expect from our team. Champion caliber one week & a bunch of bums the next.
Y'all were champions last week. Now y'all will be bums.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #5691
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why bother.....with all the injuries already, Bama would just finish off what few players you still have left.
Hey, screw you! We can't help it that Knoxville is where ACLs go to die. Speaking of injuries, I LOVED what SDS had to say about Connor Shaw

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/201...rday-week-9-3/

"Shaw is a very good quarterback and the most enjoyable to watch (Non-Manziel Division) in the conference. The problem is his bones are hollow and his joints are held together with yarn and old Juicy Fruit. Hes listed at 6-1 209, but in reality, he is closer to 4-9 77 lbs. The breakdown of those 77 pounds: 41 pounds of heart, 30 pounds of testicles, and the remaining 6 is the aforementioned hollow bones. Hes completely hairless. But when hes physically able to play, hes everything fans love about college football. On Saturday night with the season on the line, Connor Shaw was the best hes ever been.

Quote:
A rematch would be nice. I don't think it will be as close as last year, though. Honestly, I don't worry about Alabama against anybody in the East this year.

I just hope auburn loses before the Iron Bowl so that we can wrap up the West before playing them. The ONLY thing that would hurt more than auburn beating us and derailing our 3-peat would be them beating us, derailing the 3-peat, AND keeping us from winning the West.

I'm looking at you, Dawgs.
It wouldn't be near the game it was last year, but few games would be. Last year was incredible. I would like a rematch, and have us at full strength...well...minus Marshall and Mitchell.

The Deep South's Oldest Rivalry is still a ways off...we have to get past UF first. Check back with me after that game and I'll let ya know what I think our chances are.

Everything sounds good for us to get Gurley, Bennett, Conley, and JHC back for Florida. If we can just STAY healthy...
Old 10-29-2013, 06:26 AM   #5692
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
We beat you the last time we were in Tuscaloosa
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner03 View Post
Y'all also fielded a much better team then.
Took the words out of my mouth... well, off of my keyboard, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
How is that not illegal use of the hands, appears to be actually throwing a blow?
Quote:
He's not hitting the head. The one in the UT game looks like it at first glance, but look closely and you'll see it's shoulder pads. The KY block is clearly shoulder pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlPreds View Post
both look to the shoulder to me. perfectly legal.
Quote:
Yeah it's close. I bet he's not hittin them that hard, just using their momentum more than anything. It just doesn't look right
Yup. Yup.

Quote:
Big J. Clowney would stick a foot up his ass........maybe these boys will get to meet in the Championship game.....but I doubt it. Probably will be Mizzou instead.
I don't know... I think you guys beat MSU and Florida, and that's all you have left in the SEC. You have the tie-breaker against Mizzou already, and you only have two SEC losses, right? Doesn't that mean that all Missouri has to do is lose one more game and you're back in control? They still play Tennessee, KY, Ole Miss and TAMU. They'll drop TWO of those or more.

I'd be more worried about Georgia. They have a tie-breaker with you. If Mizzou loses two of those games, and Georgia wins out, it won't matter what S Carolina does from here out, it'll be Georgia in ATL.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #5693
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
Hey, screw you! We can't help it that Knoxville is where ACLs go to die. Speaking of injuries, I LOVED what SDS had to say about Connor Shaw

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/201...rday-week-9-3/

"Shaw is a very good quarterback and the most enjoyable to watch (Non-Manziel Division) in the conference. The problem is his bones are hollow and his joints are held together with yarn and old Juicy Fruit. Hes listed at 6-1 209, but in reality, he is closer to 4-9 77 lbs. The breakdown of those 77 pounds: 41 pounds of heart, 30 pounds of testicles, and the remaining 6 is the aforementioned hollow bones. Hes completely hairless. But when hes physically able to play, hes everything fans love about college football. On Saturday night with the season on the line, Connor Shaw was the best hes ever been.
His performance in the 4th quarter Saturday night is what scares me most about playing them in the SECC. I've seen what a hot quarterback can do to our team, not to mention a USCe QB. I'd rather play Mizzou or UGA again.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #5694

Quote:

That's dead on & pretty cool wording!

Quote:

I'd be more worried about Georgia. They have a tie-breaker with you. If Mizzou loses two of those games, and Georgia wins out, it won't matter what S Carolina does from here out, it'll be Georgia in ATL.

Yup, we screwed up with the loss to Tenn. Now we have to wait and see what everyone else does.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #5695
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Everything sounds good for us to get Gurley, Bennett, Conley, and JHC back for Florida. If we can just STAY healthy...
I read yesterday that Conley was doubtful for UF. Which sucks if that's true since he's been our only consistent guy that's left. Not sure how effective Bennett will be with the time missed? On the bright side, maybe, hopefully Davis will have established some timing with Murray and can be utilized more.

I'm just afraid of being one dimensional like we were against Vandy. I know having Gurley back will be a big plus but if we can't throw it then UF will stack the box.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #5696
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's dead on & pretty cool wording!

Yup, we screwed up with the loss to Tenn. Now we have to wait and see what everyone else does.
We one upped ya'll with the Vandy game.

I just heard on the radio that a 3 way tie goes to the east record. Unless Mizzou gets upset by UT then their only conference loses from here out would potentially be against West teams. I thought a 3 way tie went to BCS rankings. Either way we're screwed, not that it will matter. Although I would love to continue the East streak.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #5697
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Is Taj Boyd still the front runner for the Heisman?
Old 10-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #5698
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
We have a winner!!!

http://outkickthecoverage.com/the-te...imson-tide.php
Old 10-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #5699
4runners>Tacomas
HHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud ofHHIRunner has much to be proud of

Name: Jake
HHIRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Is Taj Boyd still the front runner for the Heisman?
Never was, Mariota has been all year.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #5700
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
I read yesterday that Conley was doubtful for UF. Which sucks if that's true since he's been our only consistent guy that's left. Not sure how effective Bennett will be with the time missed? On the bright side, maybe, hopefully Davis will have established some timing with Murray and can be utilized more.

I'm just afraid of being one dimensional like we were against Vandy. I know having Gurley back will be a big plus but if we can't throw it then UF will stack the box.
But (a healthy) gurley can run through most of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
We one upped ya'll with the Vandy game.

I just heard on the radio that a 3 way tie goes to the east record. Unless Mizzou gets upset by UT then their only conference loses from here out would potentially be against West teams. I thought a 3 way tie went to BCS rankings. Either way we're screwed, not that it will matter. Although I would love to continue the East streak.
3 way tie goes to the BCS rankings.