Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

2014 Formula 1 Season Paddock

Old 02-04-2014, 06:21 AM   #262
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with tard, for me when they froze engine development and implemented kers was a step backward and went to spec tires. Basically all money goes to aero now, and there are not alternate means of making up for it.

Think about the last 2 seasons if Ferrari had been allowed to further develop their engines, red bull may not have been so dominant.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #263
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
The it has to be Steve and all his boring regulation quoting in the broadcast?

I get the BBC feed so meh
Old 02-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #264
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Exactly!

I don't see why everyone is hatin on Vettel?

He is a good driver in a good car so he wins. Whats the big deal?

Sure I like Alonso better but I would never boo Vettel for winning. And I would never stop watching F1 because Vettel is winning.

I see it as the more complicated the rules get and the more they talk about saving fuel and saving money that is what is hurting the viewership.

What most people really care about is racing no saving fuel. I mean good hell have you heard an E Formula 1I don't see that lasting long. People don't want to hear nothing.

I think Formula E is awesome , pushing the boundaries of technology is always interesting
Old 02-04-2014, 08:30 AM   #265

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydave View Post
I'm with tard, for me when they froze engine development and implemented kers was a step backward and went to spec tires. Basically all money goes to aero now, and there are not alternate means of making up for it.

Think about the last 2 seasons if Ferrari had been allowed to further develop their engines, red bull may not have been so dominant.

Ferrari lost out because of aero , their wind tunnel at Maranello was letting them down so they had to use the old Toyota one for the last couple seasons while they rebuilt the one Maranello
Old 02-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #266
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I see it as the more complicated the rules get and the more they talk about saving fuel and saving money that is what is hurting the viewership.

What most people really care about is racing no saving fuel. I mean good hell have you heard an E Formula 1I don't see that lasting long. People don't want to hear nothing.
Regarding rules: I agree. Just like the NFL with all of Roger Goodell's bullshit, the fanbase mumbles and grumbles all season and the off season.

Regarding FE: Formula E is to F1 as the WNBA is to the NBA, in my book.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:51 AM   #267

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I really don't think Formula E is trying to compete with Formula 1 , they are just showcasing different technology
Old 02-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #268
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I really don't think Formula E is trying to compete with Formula 1 , they are just showcasing different technology
That's what auto shows and YouTube are for. lol
Old 02-04-2014, 08:53 AM   #269

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
That's what auto shows and YouTube are for. lol

You can't develop technology with static displays
Old 02-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #270
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You can't develop technology with static displays
Dunce, YouTube is video, you can make a full mock up moving car, like they did with the Toyota FT-1.

That has to be more cost effective than starting a whole new racing series.

Just a thought.

What do want to gang up on Utard about?
Old 02-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #271

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Lotus shakesdown their new car without major issues which should cheer up other Renault powerplant runners

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/26122651
Old 02-14-2014, 08:59 AM   #278

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Sauber sign female Indycar driver Simona de Silvestro to a testing role with the chance of her gaining a race seat in 2015

http://en.espnf1.com/sauber/motorspo...ry/145233.html
Old 02-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #279

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Pirelli prepares for the 2015 ban on tire warmers by issuing the teams a set of no blanket tires to test at Bahrain this week

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/145511.html