Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

2014 Formula 1 Season Paddock

Old 01-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
2014 Formula 1 Season Paddock

Old 08-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
First look at Mercedes' 2014 spec engine

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105080
http://youtu.be/ebpkJXJ7CFo
Old 08-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
TEQ HED
Mattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mattnatti's Tacoma Gallery
The FIA is killing this sport with all of it's contradictions.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattnatti View Post
The FIA is killing this sport with all of it's contradictions.
Such as
Old 08-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #9
TEQ HED
Mattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Limiting in season testing due to cost. But change the aero regs every other year.
Limiting test drivers And chassis allowed on track during race weekends due to cost. But continue to change aero regs every other year.
Limiting wind tunnel time for teams due to cost. But still continuing to change the aero rules every other year.
Major changes to engine regs every few years after teams have outfitted factory, developed, evolved, improved and fully understand the engines they have.
Squeezing tire manufacturers to the point of leaving the series when the tire wars increase competition and road car development, which is what this entire series has been based on since it's inception.
Stiff arming tracks that want to enter the series into multi hundred million dollar licensing fees only to muscle them out with major increases of said fees even when viewership and attendance is down. ( Indianapolis, Malaysia, China, Dubai etc. )
Pitstops with refueling and tire changes, pitstops with no refueling and no tire changes, pitstops with tire changes only and pitstops with mandatory two compounds during a race all over 6-7 season span.

On and on and on...........

I understand that the $600-$800mil yr budgets could not continue. Most of the above reg changes were said to be cost and safety reasons.......................
BULLSHIT! it is only a artificial manipulation of competion and it stinks of NASCAR due to television ratings and attendance.

if the series rating fall because of one or two teams are dominating then make all teams run bespoke Cosworth V-8's or boosted 4banger Cosworths, grooved (road going type ) tires, strip the aero off of the chassis and make the best driver win the races and championship. But even that goes against the foundation that the sport was built on which is CONSTRUCTORS. But that would at least even the playing field from front to back.

It is a slippery slope to be sure but they have slipped down the arrogance and greed slope over the past two decades.

If Ferrari doesn't want to run Cosworth power in their chassis then let them hit the bricks. Let them take on Audi at LeMans and have their asses handed to them for about 5 yrs until they get a grip.

I could rant for hours. I am a huge Formula 1 fan and have been for 30yrs as it IS the pinnacle of motorsports. The Formula 1 cars are the safest of any motorsport series in the world. Due to understanding the physics, advanced materials and proper engineering not lack of refueling, engine, aero reg changes.

I watch every lap that is televised, I attended every single lap that was ran at Indy ( All practices, quali and races ) because it was close. I won't spend the money to drive to Texas or even Canada because the FIA doesn't care if I am there. They make more money with me watching it on the television.

With all of this said, I will continue to be a Formula 1 fan and hope that every team competes to the best of their ability because even with all of the bullshit the FIA dishes these are still the best teams, engineers, and drivers in the world.

Wow did I just type all of that? Well you did ask.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You know there is only 1 tire manufacturer , there is testing returning next year and the current engine regs were frozen for the last 4 seasons ?
Old 08-03-2013, 01:52 AM   #11
TEQ HED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You know there is only 1 tire manufacturer , there is testing returning next year and the current engine regs were frozen for the last 4 seasons ?
Did you even read the post? It is obvious you didn't get the context of it. With the above post.

Yes, NOW There is only one tire manufacturer but there were two recently. Michelin and Bridgestone.

Yes, testing is returning because one team is dominating the season for the past few years.

Yes, the engine regs have been frozen for 4yrs. Small window in the scope of a officially sanctioned 60+ yr series. In the past 13yrs= V-10's, mix of V-10's and V-8's ( with two different sets of parameters if I am not mistaken) and now boosted V-6's coming online.

If you want to have a adult discussion about it address the subject at hand.

" the FIA is killing this sport with it's contradictions " Mattnatti

" such as " OZ-T

Long drawn out post with many examples. Mattnatti

I will leave the rest of this thread to you and your fanbois. I will go elsewhere to have a educated discussion about the sport.

Troll on
Old 08-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattnatti View Post
Did you even read the post? It is obvious you didn't get the context of it. With the above post.

Yes, NOW There is only one tire manufacturer but there were two recently. Michelin and Bridgestone.

Yes, testing is returning because one team is dominating the season for the past few years.

Yes, the engine regs have been frozen for 4yrs. Small window in the scope of a officially sanctioned 60+ yr series. In the past 13yrs= V-10's, mix of V-10's and V-8's ( with two different sets of parameters if I am not mistaken) and now boosted V-6's coming online.

If you want to have a adult discussion about it address the subject at hand.

" the FIA is killing this sport with it's contradictions " Mattnatti

" such as " OZ-T

Long drawn out post with many examples. Mattnatti

I will leave the rest of this thread to you and your fanbois. I will go elsewhere to have a educated discussion about the sport.

Troll on
Wut

Where is the trolling ? Holy over-sensitive
Old 08-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Torro Rosso and Caterham engineers discuss the challenges of adopting the 2014 regulations

http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2013/8/14875.html[
Old 09-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #14
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for some good f1 news and updates
Old 09-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #15
se7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

se7enine's Tacoma Gallery
Alonso and Kimi are going to fight for the #1 seat next year at Ferrari. Going to be great stuff to watch.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:19 PM   #18
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Concepts

Old 12-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Time to move over here F1 fans
Old 12-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #20
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, another year of F1. I really hope next year is better than last .. lots of boring races compared to the year previous. (purely a rookie comment as I've only been paying attention to F1 for a couple years)

There seemed to be decent racing back in the pack but fuck I'm tired of seeing Vettel up front.