Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Craft Beer Lover's Unite

Old 01-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #21
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
I'll just go take a pic of my wall and bottle collection when I get home. It's a much classier version of the frat/college kid wall.

I'm in college, so I have an excuse.

Hopefully you'll all be proud of some of my selections.

For some of my favorite breweries:

Russian River
Stone
Lagunitas
Deschutes
many many more
Old 01-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #22
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalojay View Post
Yeah it was the 60 minute IPA. I really liked it I Heard they do an Imperial IPA thats the 120 minute IPA? I also heard their pumpkin or fall seasonal is really good! I dont think its illegal but I could be wrong. Ill have to check. yeah def. need some peanuts in that thing or something haha
Ya they have 60,90, and 120 minute IPAs. The 120 is something crazy like 18% alcohol and 120 IBU.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #24
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Lol @ some of the names .
Old 01-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #25
tacomatx is on a distinguished road

Name: Sambeux
tacomatx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am! I'll def be adding you! Always looking for new people to follow. Quality choice with that Milk Stout! Have you had the Nitro Milk Stout? Ill have to look for that Buried Hatchet. Have yet to try them do you know if you can get it in NM?
Nitro is really great stuff! Not sure if southern star dist. Outside of tx. Santa Fe brewing is good aswell. I assume uve had there java stout and the classic happy camper!!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #26
buffalojay is on a distinguished road

buffalojay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Ya they have 60,90, and 120 minute IPAs. The 120 is something crazy like 18% alcohol and 120 IBU.
Wow thats intense! I remember reading something in Draft magazine about Dogfish's 120. Thats a ton of IBUs, theres a brewery out here in NM called Il Vicino Brewing and they brew an IPA like that with some ridiculous amount of hops, and the IBU measurement is insane! Nice to try but def couldn't drink on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackley View Post
I'm now in ABQ and love Marble's IPA. Lived in NorCal 22years. Favorites were Iron Spring's Kolsch and Marin's Pale - one of the best California pales. Also Firestone/Walker's Pale 31 on the Central Coast is unique.
Yeah Marbles IPA is pretty good, I really like their Red and the Jezebel its a seasonal sour that they put on tap. Have you tried La Cumbre's Kolsch I really like it. Im gonna have to check out Iron Springs and Central Coast. I wonder if they sell them at Jubilation here in town?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomatx View Post
Nitro is really great stuff! Not sure if southern star dist. Outside of tx. Santa Fe brewing is good aswell. I assume uve had there java stout and the classic happy camper!!
Thats what ive heard when I went to Denver last year with some friends I didnt have a chance to make it to Longmont (cuz we spent all day checking breweries in Fort Collins) but I wanna try it. Yeah the Java Stout is one of my favorites from Santa Fe Brewing. Their Porter is also great! The Happy Camper I had one time it was alright. Not my fav. but definitely a good beer.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #27
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
We have a brewery in Blanco Texas call Real Ale that makes a couple really good beers that I cant get enough of right now:

Devil's Backbone: beligum Trippel
Quadrupel special brew. 4 pack, strong apv.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #28

Have any of you guys tried Magnolia Brewing in SF. It has some great food and beer. When I was there I had their black IPA. It was Great! Any you guys like Black IPAs?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #29
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Have any of you guys tried Magnolia Brewing in SF. It has some great food and beer. When I was there I had their black IPA. It was Great! Any you guys like Black IPAs?
BARABOO out of Wisconsin makes a great black IPA
Old 01-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #30
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Heres my choices tonight, i have never tried dead guy ale
Craft Beer Lover's Unite-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358642505.006534.jpg
Old 02-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #31

Craft Beer Lover's Unite-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360372262.039873.jpg
Thread resurrection. This one is made here in CT, delicious. Very hoppy IPA, 7.2%. Snowed in here in new england and loving it
Old 03-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #32

That IPA Looks delicious!!! We have an IPA out here in NM called Elevation IPA that sounds similar!!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #33
watermelon has a spectacular aura aboutwatermelon has a spectacular aura about

watermelon's Tacoma Gallery
Westy 12 (i know it will never happen)
Founders kentucky bourbon stout
Lost abbey angels share (bourbon barrel)
Bells hopslam
Dogfish 120
Its hard to only choose 5!
Old 03-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #34
mtbiker71 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
mtbiker71's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, I found a thread right up my alley.

My top 5 are:

Pliny the Elder (Russian River)
Dubhe Imperial Black IPA (Unita Brewing)
Smoked Porter w/chipotle peppers (Stone Brewing)
Orange Wheat (Hanger 24)
Liberation IPA (Black Market Brewing)

I love IPA's but not exclusively, I have a strong appreciation for all styles of beer (some more than others). However, one thing I try to avoid is contributing to the ever growing behemoth that is AnheuserBushInbev.

Happy Day!
Old 03-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #35
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I work right next to a bar in DTLA that has $4 pints all day, every day. However, over the past 3 years, I have not ordered anything but Arrogant Bastard from that bar. Best bang for the buck for sure. My favorite beer.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #36
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
My local costco (sacramento area) has bottles of Lagunitas Wilco Tango Foxtrot for something like $3.50.....
Old 03-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbiker71 View Post
Hey, I found a thread right up my alley.

My top 5 are:

Pliny the Elder (Russian River)
Dubhe Imperial Black IPA (Unita Brewing)
Smoked Porter w/chipotle peppers (Stone Brewing)
Orange Wheat (Hanger 24)
Liberation IPA (Black Market Brewing)

I love IPA's but not exclusively, I have a strong appreciation for all styles of beer (some more than others). However, one thing I try to avoid is contributing to the ever growing behemoth that is AnheuserBushInbev.

Happy Day!

Pliny the Elder I've heard of this one its a DIPA right? I'm a big Hop Head im gonna have to see if my local stores cary this one out here. If you like Doubles try the Hop Juice from Left Coast Brewing its pretty amazing!!! Its really great, hoppy, amber color, and a little bit of malt to balance it out.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #38
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Oh....you 'hoppy' boys!!!

Just grabbed a couple Linenkugal Canoe Paddler and a couple Sierra Nevada Ruthless from the local sub shop. They sell singles.... They're expensive as shit, about the same you'd pay in a pub one bottle at a time. At least you can 'try 'em' and decide if you'd want to buy a case.

I can't drink 'em yet. Have to go to work ....I'll enjoy them when I get home after midnight.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #39
Six lugs of fury!
Performula is on a distinguished road
Name: Justinian the Gr3iht
Performula's Tacoma Gallery
Avery Maharaja
Great Divide Yeti/Hercules
SKA Modus Hoperandi
Alaskan Porter
Stone Smoked Porter/Ruination
Duck Rabbit Milk Stout/RIS/Baltic Porter
Pizza Port
Blah blah blah...I've had over 500 micros.

It's really down to weather, time, and moment. Stouts/Porters are sippers, good social party beers, IPAs are for the homies.

Interestingly, not a fan of Belgians, at all. Those are prime time with beer conisseours (sp), it's all coriander, orange/citrus peel, etc. The same could be said about IPAs too.

*not being a beer snob - this happens a lot