Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Manti Ta'o, was he in on the hoax?

View Poll Results: Was Te'O Involved in the hoax?
Yes 23 76.67%
No 7 23.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Manti Ta'o, was he in on the hoax?

Speculation and information welcome. Discuss.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
I think he was just arrogant to the fact that people are evil and will take advantage of any situation. I don't think he was in on it just because i doubt he would want to mock grief like that right after he lost his grandmother.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Choice A. He was in on it, which would have been a VERY long and drawn out hoax

Choice B. He is EXTREMELY gullable and on the strange side.

I go with B.

How many college students would call someone their girlfriend when they never met the person. It would be more believable if she was in Hawawii and he were in IN...then that would better explain not seeing her. But she was supposed to be in CA. In college, I'd go on a road trip for just about any reason, especially a girl, even when I had very little to no money. And he maintained this relationship for 3 years?
Old 01-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
I think it was a cover up that he's gay. Nothing wrong with being gay but an open gay guy in team sports is not accepted yet.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpak View Post
I think it was a cover up that he's gay. Nothing wrong with being gay but an open gay guy in team sports is not accepted yet.
Your theory was thrown out by a Houston sports radio host this morning...could be something to it. An internet girlfriend would be a good explanation to why he's never with girls.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Many people meet on the internet and if you have seen catfish the show, some have only talked on the internet for 2,3,10 years yes 10.. With technology nowadays and being able to hide behind a keyboard stuff like this happens.. Some people are dicks.. Now do I think he was in on it no, but I do think he is a bit clingy if he got that attached without having met/seen the person
Old 01-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #7

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Many people meet on the internet and if you have seen catfish the show, some have only talked on the internet for 2,3,10 years yes 10.. With technology nowadays and being able to hide behind a keyboard stuff like this happens.. Some people are dicks.. Now do I think he was in on it no, but I do think he is a bit clingy if he got that attached without having met/seen the person
I agree with you but it goes WAY beyond just clingy if he was calling her his girlfriend and let her story become a huge part on an ESPN gameday piece. I watched that piece feeling very sorry for the guy and he never says anything about not having ever met her.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Big Head
BigHeadTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Te'o
Old 01-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #9
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie97 View Post
I agree with you but it goes WAY beyond just clingy if he was calling her his girlfriend and let her story become a huge part on an ESPN gameday piece. I watched that piece feeling very sorry for the guy and he nevers says anything about not having ever met her.

Thats true good point, was just throwing my .02 out
Old 01-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #10

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats true good point, was just throwing my .02 out

Just don't start calling me your girlfriend now that we have communicated online.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Just don't start calling me your girlfriend now that we have communicated online.

Shit let me change my FB status
Old 01-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #12

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shit let me change my FB status
actually...I don't exist.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #13

Quote:
actually...I don't exist.
thats okay because i dont have a fb
Old 01-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #14
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
My opinion

My ex gf left me for a guy she met on a online chatroom and had never met, we dated for two years and then bam.

So i believe hes not in on it
Old 01-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
AG87BlkLX is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
AG87BlkLX's Tacoma Gallery
Brent Musburger has confirmed AJ McCarron's girlfriend is real & a beautiful woman.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #16

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG87BlkLX View Post
Brent Musburger has confirmed AJ McCarron's girlfriend is real & a beautiful woman.
yes she is
Old 01-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #18
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
Haha!!

He had to be in on it. Who dates like that in college. Who tries to have a GF in college so many hot chicks no time for one girl.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #19
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
I have to believe he was in on it...how would you explain this?

Notre Dame says that Te'o never met Kekua, that their relationship was strictly online and by phone. But the player's father gave the South Bend Tribune a detailed account of how the couple first met at a Stanford game in Palo Alto in 2009 and rendezvoused in Hawaii after becoming a couple in early 2012. And Te'o himself told ESPN that she was the "most beautiful girl I ever met."
Old 01-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #20
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
and this...

When did Kekua's fictitious death happen? Various interviews with Te'o have her succumbing to leukemia hours before his grandmother died on Sept. 12, soon after, or even days after. Assuming Te'o truly believed Kekua had passed away, wouldn't he remember the date? Or did all the reporters get the details wrong?