Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Factory Direct Models...

Old 01-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Factory Direct Models...

Anyone ever deal with these folks?
Im having them make a custom model of my Dads old airplane. They said they do cars, and trucks also. Whatever they can get a picture of, etc.

http://www.factorydirectmodels.com/
Old 02-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Just found your post. Did you wind up having these guys do it? Now you've got me interested. My dad is hard to shop for and he just recently had the plane he built inspected by FAA for airworthiness.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudpedal View Post
Just found your post. Did you wind up having these guys do it? Now you've got me interested. My dad is hard to shop for and he just recently had the plane he built inspected by FAA for airworthiness.
yeah. Im having a delux custom made for my Dad. A36TC, gear down, and they are gonna weight it so it rests on its gear when not on the stand. Total price for a complete custom delux was $414.00 including shipping, and sales tax (thay are local, so I have to pay tax on it).

Did you check out their site to see the details? They said they can make anything as long as they have a picture of it. Even aircraft that are experimental, or mock ups. AND......even Tacomas!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting and bookmarked.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Anyone ever deal with these folks?
Im having them make a custom model of my Dads old airplane. They said they do cars, and trucks also. Whatever they can get a picture of, etc.

http://www.factorydirectmodels.com/
My wife had a 767 done up in rockstar color's a few years back. 767 was my number when I raced. I'll ask her if she remembers who she ordered from. Said she sent them a pic of my quad and they took it from there. I'll get back to ya.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B6gR33nHjg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmoDCCisuZ4
Old 02-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yeah. Im having a delux custom made for my Dad. A36TC, gear down, and they are gonna weight it so it rests on its gear when not on the stand. Total price for a complete custom delux was $414.00 including shipping, and sales tax (thay are local, so I have to pay tax on it).

Did you check out their site to see the details? They said they can make anything as long as they have a picture of it. Even aircraft that are experimental, or mock ups. AND......even Tacomas!
Checking it out now. I like the Bonanza, more a fan of the V-tailed model, though.

My Dad just finished (They never really are, just like any project vehicle) a VW powered Kitfox IV
Old 02-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Checking it out now. I like the Bonanza, more a fan of the V-tailed model, though.

My Dad just finished (They never really are, just like any project vehicle) a VW powered Kitfox IV
I like the V tail too, but my Dads plane was an A36TC, N63JM. They are duplicating it for me. THe hard part is, the paint was custom made for the plane, and picked out by my Mom, so there are no color samples, or codes from Beechcraft. They are going to do their best to match everything up. They also do interiors of the air craft, wich is stunning detail! I'll have to get a pic.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #9

This is a sample of the interior of one persons custom model.

Attached Thumbnails
Factory Direct Models...-untitled.jpg  
Old 02-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #10

Everything is done by hand. Pretty impressive if you ask me!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
Mind = Blown

Nice! Now to get my brothers on board to chip in.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #12

Quote:
Nice! Now to get my brothers on board to chip in.
The "Classic" one is $50.00 off right now, so it totals $199.00 plus shipping. not too bad for the detail.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #13
Mind = Blown

Quote:
I like the V tail too, but my Dads plane was an A36TC, N63JM. They are duplicating it for me. THe hard part is, the paint was custom made for the plane, and picked out by my Mom, so there are no color samples, or codes from Beechcraft. They are going to do their best to match everything up. They also do interiors of the air craft, wich is stunning detail! I'll have to get a pic.
Is this his plane?

According to Flight Aware, she's flying today.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Is this his plane?

According to Flight Aware, she's flying today.
YUP!!!! Thats her!!!!

Only difference, is the new owners added 20 gal tip tanks, and a new paint job. She was a cream base color, with rust, and tan stripes. The N numbers were in the rust stripe, and only about 3" tall. My Dad liked this, as he would "buzz" people in the desert, or people fishing on a lake, and they couldnt get his N numbers.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #15
Mind = Blown

Here's my Dad's. Built it in a one car garage. He was taxi testing it at a little paved strip when a wind gust came along and suddenly he was airborne! He said he had thought about the possibility of that happening, but still had to pull seat cushion out of his butt.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #16

These were taken the day of my Dad receiving her.

Inspection:

and on the tarmac:

Attached Thumbnails
Factory Direct Models...-n63jm1.2.jpg   Factory Direct Models...-n63jm4.jpg   Factory Direct Models...-n63jm.jpg  
Old 02-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #17

The pics are crappy, as they are scannned polaroids. The pic quality was never good to begin with, and they are degrading with time.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #18

Quote:
Here's my Dad's. Built it in a one car garage. He was taxi testing it at a little paved strip when a wind gust came along and suddenly he was airborne! He said he had thought about the possibility of that happening, but still had to pull seat cushion out of his butt.

Nice!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #19
Mind = Blown

I like your dad's red and gold scheme better than her current blue and gray
Old 02-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #20

Quote:
I like the red and gold scheme better than her current blue and gray
I do too! It was easy to spot on the ramp, as it was the only plane with a cream base paint. All the others were white. It was a fun plane. Fast, and could carry alot.