Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

NASCAR 2013 Season

Old 07-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #281
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupster88 View Post
hate em, love em, don't matter. Gotta respect the driver that Jimmie is!
Fucker took out Kahne
Old 07-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #282
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSand View Post
Definitely a bit of a drive but its worth it. Great track. An don't forget the famous Martinsville hot dog.
The hot dogs are great but the fried bologna sandwiches are just as good. I'll be heading down in the fall for the truck race....
Old 07-08-2013, 04:44 AM   #283
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Thinking about taking the trip down to Martinsville this coming fall...
You also may want to consider Bristol.....
Old 07-08-2013, 05:01 AM   #284
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
Fucker took out Kahne
I'm sure we can go back and forth on that wreck all day. Jimmie didn't cut off Ambrose as if he was side by side with him. You're coming out of turn 2 going 200mph. He drifted over as Ambrose started to pass, probably a late attempt to get in front of the 9 car. He just about got loose himself when Ambrose made contact and shot over into Kahne. That happens in every wreck at Daytona and Talladega. Somewhere there's inadvertent contact. Jimmie ain't gonna sideswipe Ambrose running in first late in the race just to keep from getting passed.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #285
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm sure we can go back and forth on that wreck all day. Jimmie didn't cut off Ambrose as if he was side by side with him. You're coming out of turn 2 going 200mph. He drifted over as Ambrose started to pass, probably a late attempt to get in front of the 9 car. He just about got loose himself when Ambrose made contact and shot over into Kahne. That happens in every wreck at Daytona and Talladega. Somewhere there's inadvertent contact. Jimmie ain't gonna sideswipe Ambrose running in first late in the race just to keep from getting passed.
Yea, Jimmy is a "team" player, he friggen left Kahne multiple times, and it nearly cost him the lead at one point. Dude is greedy...

Not seeing that, what I'm seeing is someone trying to put on a late block on someone who has a full head of steam...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj81_TBunZA
Old 07-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #286
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
Yea, Jimmy is a "team" player, he friggen left Kahne multiple times, and it nearly cost him the lead at one point. Dude is greedy...

Not seeing that, what I'm seeing is someone trying to put on a late block on someone who has a full head of steam...
When did "team play" come into this? Ask any driver, when the race is on the line team playing goes out the door. And I admitted Jimmie tried to block Ambrose, he came over literally a few tenths too late. He did what every other driver has done before. Smoke caused the big one at Talladega last year trying to block. Dale Earnhardt lost his life blocking other drivers. When you go to superspeedways, blocking and accompanying wrecks happen. Jimmie didn't delibetately block Ambrose so Kahne would wreck. If this was such a deliberate act, it'd be plastered all over SPEED and ESPN. The fact that its not, shows it was just part of racing. Believe me, if Jimmie did something worthy of blame, the world we be sure to strike him down with it.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #287
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I honestly don't follow NASCAR but I worked the Sonoma one last month and saw this there (I want one, or at least ride in it)

I also was security to the garage area

Old 07-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #288
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

EMS: Giles Rescue
Name: Josh
resq330's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNakedBooda View Post
You also may want to consider Bristol.....

Wife and I already have our tickets for next month
Old 07-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #289
TEQ HED
Mattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mattnatti's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dale Earnhardt lost his life blocking other drivers.
This is only one facet of why Earnhardt lost his life. He died BECAUSE his belts weren't tight and he had a open face helmet. Not from the blocking. Sure, the blocking caused the accident but that is not what killed him.

Had neckcar not been so ass backwards and prehistoric with their rules and regulations then he would have been forced to wear a full helmet. At the time of his death the rules were that the drivers wore a helmet, any helmet on their own judgment.

It took neckcar two years to react to losing the biggest star they had at the time. It took them 20yrs to get fuel injection and it is still an ancient type of fuel injection at that. I drove a 1989 one ton chevy dump truck in 1989 that had the same type FI. The people who run neckcar are to stupid for their own good. All they car about is putting asses in the seats ( and not doing a good job at that lately ), teevee ratings, and selling t-shirts and hats.

" If you aint first, your last "
" you ain't on fire Ricky Bobbie "
Old 07-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #290
TEQ HED
Mattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
hate em, love em, don't matter. Gotta respect the driver that Jimmie is!

Hate him. He wouldn't be where he is today without that crew chief.
He reminds me of Cole Trickle, can drive a car but can't set it up to save his life. Always pissing and moaning on the radio and the crew chief having to hold his hand to keep him from mentally taking himself out of the race.

Brett, not picking your post for a reason. Just happened upon this thread and read the last page.

Rant over....... can commence now!
Old 07-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #291
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
sweet win for newman..too bad jimmie ha ha
Old 08-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #293

Have a great time. Please root for Kyle Busch....
Old 08-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #296
TEQ HED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
There three of us going. We have Mark Martin, Jimmy Johnson and a Kyle Busch fans.
Mark Martin? Is he still turning left? I didn't know they had a category for a Buick's with the turn signal on all of the time or a category for motorhomes with geo metro's in tow. Sorry, I just had to. he is defiantly the best driver to never win a Winston cup. He deserves one more than Crusty Wallace.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #298
TEQ HED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
I hate the fact that I have to listen/deal with Rusty while watching races
If you are the Mark Martin fan then I must say one thing. What I said above is sorta a inside joke between my best friend and I. Shortly after we met we almost came to blows over a race back then. I was a Earnhardt fan and he was a Martin fan. We have been best friends since. I actually took a screen shot of my above post and sent it in a email to him.

Have fun, be safe this weekend.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattnatti View Post
This is only one facet of why Earnhardt lost his life. He died BECAUSE his belts weren't tight and he had a open face helmet. Not from the blocking. Sure, the blocking caused the accident but that is not what killed him.

Had neckcar not been so ass backwards and prehistoric with their rules and regulations then he would have been forced to wear a full helmet. At the time of his death the rules were that the drivers wore a helmet, any helmet on their own judgment.

It took neckcar two years to react to losing the biggest star they had at the time. It took them 20yrs to get fuel injection and it is still an ancient type of fuel injection at that. I drove a 1989 one ton chevy dump truck in 1989 that had the same type FI. The people who run neckcar are to stupid for their own good. All they car about is putting asses in the seats ( and not doing a good job at that lately ), teevee ratings, and selling t-shirts and hats.

" If you aint first, your last "
" you ain't on fire Ricky Bobbie "
I have to agree, NASCAR has been way retroactive with many measures, including safety. It has taken the loss of many lives, before they realized they needed to do something. Why SAFER barriers aren't on 100% of ALL tracks is beyond me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattnatti View Post
Hate him. He wouldn't be where he is today without that crew chief.
He reminds me of Cole Trickle, can drive a car but can't set it up to save his life. Always pissing and moaning on the radio and the crew chief having to hold his hand to keep him from mentally taking himself out of the race.

Brett, not picking your post for a reason. Just happened upon this thread and read the last page.

Rant over....... can commence now!
I'll disagree here, compared to other drivers, I think Jimmie is one of the more quiet and communicable drivers over the scanner. Listen to Junior, that guy will cuss his crew and team all day long if he has a bad car. He cussed his crew chief at Martinsville this year for setting him up when he wrecked late in the race. Believe me, I've seen my fair share of hating on Jimmie, my skin is tough. I like him because my grandpa did when he was alive, ever since his Busch days. I will admit, he has been a cry baby this year and I'm tired of him causing some sort of controversy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
sweet win for newman..too bad jimmie ha ha
Honestly, I'm glad Newman won. I like to see feel good wins like that. His friends and family were there and it was kinda his home track. Wins like this is what nascar needs
Old 08-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #300

By the way, anyone hear Kyle's comments about Jimmie possibly failing inspection on purpose to get a later qualifying spot? Who else would love to see Jimmie show up late for the driver's meeting wearing a Shrek mask, high five Newman while walking to his seat directly in front of Kyle. Ogre ears blocking his view!