Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

NASCAR 2013 Season

Old 01-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #21
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudpedal View Post
I just want the racing to start.
Me too

Old 01-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #22
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Me too

Old 01-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #23
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
can they really say its stock car racing. when none of this cars cars are really stock. V-8, big ass spoilers, lip spoilers, than theirs that spoiler on top of the roof etc.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #24
CenTex Honky
drifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drifter379's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
can they really say its stock car racing. when none of this cars cars are really stock. V-8, big ass spoilers, lip spoilers, than theirs that spoiler on top of the roof etc.
They make the rules and pay the bills. They can call it whatever they want
Old 01-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #25
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Well the new Chevy comes with a V-8, you can get a spoiler at autozone, and people love to put "sponsor" decals all over their cars these days.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #26
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love to see Tony win the 500 for once.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #27
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
I am happy to see Danica taking the pole. I could care less what all the haters have to say, she is an intelligent woman, and she has skills. I think it is crazy to call her a homewrecker. She did no such thing. With her ex-husband, they just had nothing in common anymore, and he just can't handle a woman that is more successful than he is. This will be an interesting season, and there is one thing I enjoyed watching in the re-named Bud Shootout last night, that I would love to see more often: Kyle Busch in the wall.

GO DANI!!!

Old 02-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #28
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
They did get far from anything "stock" with the crazy car-of-tomorrow. This year I am glad to see them getting back to the roots. As for being "stock", they haven't been stock for over 20 years. There is no way you could take a production car and race it safely at the speeds that they do it today. This season the body is supposed to somewhat conform to what the production car it is market after, with certain allocations for safety, which takes things back to what they were before the car-or-tomorrow came out.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #29
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
I am happy to see Danica taking the pole. I could care less what all the haters have to say, she is an intelligent woman, and she has skills. I think it is crazy to call her a homewrecker. She did no such thing. With her ex-husband, they just had nothing in common anymore, and he just can't handle a woman that is more successful than he is. This will be an interesting season, and there is one thing I enjoyed watching in the re-named Bud Shootout last night, that I would love to see more often: Kyle Busch in the wall.

GO DANI!!!
I agree.

It's to bad but I think she will still end up in the wall.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #30
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Mike View Post
I agree.

I doubt it will be of her own doing. While one time last season she tried to retaliate and ended up wrecking herself out, the other wrecks were just like so many of even the best drivers out there: Getting caught up in someone else's mistakes. Heck, how many times has Jimmie or Tony, or Dale Jr wrecked out of a race due to someone else hitting them? And you can't say the girl can't drive, she was 10th in points at the end of the Nationwide series last year, with one pole there.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:02 AM   #31
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
who wins a race first this season.....Danica or Junior?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #32
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree.

I agree with this. Somehow some way someone ends up puttin her into the wall.

Predictions: jr won't win the championship. Although if he did, I think NASCAR would change. I think more people would start goin to races again. If you go to a race most of the fans have 88 on the shirt. And as soon as ol June bug takes the lead all the screaming rednecks jump to their feet and hold their beer in the air soakin the Jimmie Johnson fans in front of them.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #33
Mind = Blown

Because everyone else is doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shJBFyct2XE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oz6YIzK3qY
Old 02-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #34
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Coming from open wheel, I should think Danica should do pretty well at the super-speedways. Good for her. It's a welcome breather from the whiney bitches in the sport. Hope Junior does better this year, here's to both Buschs finding the wall again, and again and again.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #35
ASE Master Tech

I disagree. She is actually quite popular, as she has a good attitude, and does not try and be a girl about it. She wants to race with the big boys, and she is showing she has the skills to do it! Too many people just can't accept that a woman might actually be able to drive.

As for the other drivers, nobody has shown any animosity towards her. They are actually accepting her. She also drives for one of the big teams out there, and I don't think they would take kindly to someone "putting her in the wall".
Old 02-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #36
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I disagree. She is actually quite popular, as she has a good attitude, and does not try and be a girl about it. She wants to race with the big boys, and she is showing she has the skills to do it! Too many people just can't accept that a woman might actually be able to drive.

As for the other drivers, nobody has shown any animosity towards her. They are actually accepting her. She also drives for one of the big teams out there, and I don't think they would take kindly to someone "putting her in the wall".
Her popularity is good for the sport, you'd have to be a fool not to see that
Old 02-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #37
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Her popularity is good for the sport, you'd have to be a fool not to see that
Exactly.

I'm glad fans and drivers have accepted her. She's one of the most popular drivers I would say
Old 02-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #38
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I think you misunderstood my comment Bill. I ment with the luck she has seen to have had being in the wrong place etc.
She is good for the sport and she can drive. Remember that recovery she did last year with that spin ?
I just think it's not going to go well. I hope Im wrong .
Old 02-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #39
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
vatrdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to vatrdtaco
After watching the Sprint Unlimited (bud Shootout) the other night, my money is on Harvick, Stewart, or Kenseth to win the 500. Harvick & Stewart are always a threat at Daytona, but Kenseth's car was FAST. He was pulling even with Harvick by himself. He couldn't get anyone to draft with him cuz he was pulling away from them. It should be an interesting race with the new cars.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #40
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
I think you misunderstood my comment Bill. I ment with the luck she has seen to have had being in the wrong place etc.
She is good for the sport and she can drive. Remember that recovery she did last year with that spin ?
I just think it's not going to go well. I hope Im wrong .
I got ya now. No worries man.

I think it will be an interesting race. While I do not expect her to win, I do think Danica has a real chance at it. I mean look at Trevor Bane! Rookie won it by being in the right place at the right time. Anyone who knows Daytona and Talladega knows that you can win from 20th place on the last lap. It all depends on positioning, and who you draft with. I think if Danica and Tony can get hooked up, the two of them will be like Dale Jr and Michael Waltrip were back in 2001 and 2002: Unstoppable at the super speedways. She has the talent, and with Tony and his talent, the two of them can be a pair to watch out for on the track. And with Ryan Newman on their team as well, it will make for an interesting race to say the least.

The real test for her will be how the Duals go.