Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

TUF 17: Jones vs Sonnen

Old 01-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
TUF 17: Jones vs Sonnen

New season starts tonight at 8. Should be a great season! Looking forward to seeing some new fighters emerge. Also, im a huge Chael fan

Discuss

Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
I forgot about that. Was wanting to watch. I've met chael a couple times. How was the first episode?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
I forgot about that. Was wanting to watch. I've met chael a couple times. How was the first episode?
Damn thats cool!

Good episode. They just fought to get into the house and teams were picked. Some good fighters this year
Old 01-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Watched the 2nd episode last night. Interesting match up in the fight. Skill level of both guys seemed week.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Watched the 2nd episode last night. Interesting match up in the fight. Skill level of both guys seemed week.
I missed the first half. Any good drama yet?

I didnt like the match up. A poor decision by Jones. The next episode looks good from the sneak peak.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Danmit i missed it again!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #7
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Danmit i missed it again!
I think they replay it on the weekend
Old 01-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
Dan

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
I missed the first half. Any good drama yet?

I didnt like the match up. A poor decision by Jones. The next episode looks good from the sneak peak.
Oh the typical reality show tough guy bs. Ha! Cool seeing Clayton Hire on there. I did a clinic with him once. My feet were blistered bad after that class.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Oh the typical reality show tough guy bs. Ha! Cool seeing Clayton Hire on there. I did a clinic with him once. My feet were blistered bad after that class.
From kick boxing?

Do you do Juijitsu too?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #11
Dan

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
From kick boxing?

Do you do Juijitsu too?
Just boxing drills, but tons more footwork than I had ever done before.
I have been doing 10th planet jiu jitsu, but my coach just moved out of the area, so back to square one. Unfortunately our little town just can't seem to keep anything worthwhile going.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #12
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
possible spoiler alert!

I think its the black guy that gets KOed in the next episode, even though the other guy looked like he was going to get steam rolled.

IN the sneak peek they are putting a black guy in the ambulance if you hit slo-mo, lol. But who knows?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #13
Dan

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
They make it sound like the Uriah Hall guy is pretty badass.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #14
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Just boxing drills, but tons more footwork than I had ever done before.
I have been doing 10th planet jiu jitsu, but my coach just moved out of the area, so back to square one. Unfortunately our little town just can't seem to keep anything worthwhile going.
Nice. Yeah i just recently joined a Gracie Barra club and have been studying for a couple months now. Just got my first stripe so pretty happy with that
Old 02-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #15
Drunk Canadian

Gonna be a good episode!

Edit. Wow, what a KO! Funny thing, ive been practicing that kick. Hard kick to pull off well
Old 02-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #16
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
That was nuts. What was the result of it? Severe concussion?
Old 02-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #17
New Tacoma 0wner!!!
TreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TreeFortRichard's Tacoma Gallery
He was "Fine, and going to get his memory back in a few hours" according to Dr. Steve Mazzagatti in the locker room after the fight
Old 02-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #18
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
What does everyone think of the show's new format? I like it alot better than when it was just about drinking and conflict. It definitely has an ESPN flair to it. The show seems to concentrate more on the fighters.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #19
New Tacoma 0wner!!!
TreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TreeFortRichard's Tacoma Gallery
yeah...they are personalizing the fighters which gives it a much better chance of attracting on the cusp viewers...plus it's never good to be on friday...
Old 02-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #20
Dan

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Watched tuesdays episode last night. Was kind of a boring fight, although the one guy was bleeding quite a bit.