1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for a martial art thats well rounded and great fitness

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by DannyD, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Jan 22, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    DannyD

DannyD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCLB
    In the summer Im thinking of joining a martial arts gym. Not shur which one to take. Im doing it just for fun and fitness, meet people etc. Im very competitive so Ill be taking it seriously though. Just don't feel I need self defense or if Ill ever start sparing/fighting.

I have no idea which one I should take though. Theres so many. Muay thai, karate, tae kwon doe, ju jitsu, Hapkido, kick boxing.

I say well rounded because I want to keep it interesting, learn the most. Im doing p90x right now, they have a kenpo x cardio workout. Its fun, but ill get bored of it after the 90 days are up for shur lol

2. Jan 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM
    MapleMoose

MapleMoose Drunk Canadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    3" Eibach Coils, 3" AP Springs, AP 6" Shackles Toytec Diff drop, BAMF Sliders, Deck plate mod,Volt meter, Highbeam mod, PIAA fogs, 18" Magnaflow, LED dash swap, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Custom Rear Plate Bumper
    I was in your same shoes last summer.

I joined a local martial arts club and signed up for kick boxing. Great place to start. You get to learn punching and kicking technique as well as defensive fighting. You also learn tons of different combos and try them out in sparring. Great workout too!

I then starting taking Jujitsu and i love it. Good workout for the mind and body.

Products Discussed in

To Top