Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Should I get: Road bike or Cross bike?

Old 02-18-2013, 03:52 AM   #21
Deuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Deuxdiesel's Tacoma Gallery
Cross bike definitely. Beside actual 'cross racing, I used mine for light touring, commuting, 300 mile charity rides, gravel grinders and even a crit or two. Disc brakes are well worth the weight penalty unless you are a Cat 1 racer.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #22
Banned
Colt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Colt1195's Tacoma Gallery
I say go with a cross bike.

I have 2 cross bikes and no road bikes anymore. I just simply mount some road tires on my cross bike and it becomes a road bike.

One of the bikes I have is the specialized tri cross triple (2008 model) and it has been the most durable bike ive ever had.

Ive raced it probably 30 times, logged about 8,000 miles on it and had it fall off my car on the highway twice. It still works perfectly.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #23
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt1195 View Post
I say go with a cross bike.

I have 2 cross bikes and no road bikes anymore. I just simply mount some road tires on my cross bike and it becomes a road bike.

One of the bikes I have is the specialized tri cross triple (2008 model) and it has been the most durable bike ive ever had.

Ive raced it probably 30 times, logged about 8,000 miles on it and had it fall off my car on the highway twice. It still works perfectly.
Fell off your car on the highway?! and it was still ok? holy crap..... there must be some stories behind that.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #24
Banned
Colt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Colt1195's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by logcabinwc View Post
Fell off your car on the highway?! and it was still ok? holy crap..... there must be some stories behind that.
First time it fell off was after a cross race where I did two races and I guess was tired and not thinking properly when I attached it to my bike rack.

After about 20 minutes of driving I look in my rear view mirror and my bike is tumbling on the highway and the car behind me swerved to miss it.

Went back and picked it up and the only thing wrong was the brake level was slightly off.

Second time it fell of wasnt so bad, it was in the back of my friends pickup and we were driving up a dirt road and both our bikes fell out.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #25
sdsyver is on a distinguished road

sdsyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by logcabinwc View Post
^ How is the moonlander?!
I've aalllllways wondered how those ride...
What kind of terrain do you use it in?
I have one as well. They are a blast to ride. Insane amounts of traction in places that you would think you have none. I bought mine for winter use but it is fun all year round.