Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Fountain Pens

Old 01-31-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Fountain Pens

anyone else use fountain pens on the forum?

I use a pair of shaeffer javelines, a parker, and a Lamy (the shaeffers were actually retired for now)

I find that they make note taking much nicer (no hand cramps), especially in the class that I can take a few pages per class. I find that it is also a great conversation starter

plus it adds a bit of class

Old 02-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
you use a fountain pen to take notes in class? wow. i have a pelican and a mont blanc that i rarely use. they are both really "juicy" and i would need to refill in a classroom during the lecture. i love them, and i think my signature looks badass with them. BUT, in class i would use a gel roller. fast and cheap.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #3
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ya, I love taking notes with then, I got medium nibs on them. Your pens should run out that fast, I refill mine about once a week whether they need it or not, are you using converters?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
no. both of my pens are pretty old.

i suck ink out of a jar. old school. probably why i balked at the idea of taking notes it is an adventure filling twisting in a squirt of ink.

converters? are those ink cartridges?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
anyone else use fountain pens on the forum?

I use a pair of shaeffer javelines, a parker, and a Lamy (the shaeffers were actually retired for now)

I find that they make note taking much nicer (no hand cramps), especially in the class that I can take a few pages per class. I find that it is also a great conversation starter

plus it adds a bit of class

i typically use a keyboard on the forum

but no...no fountain pens here...

this is absolutely one of the best pens i've ever used when having to press thru to 3 or 4 carbon copies
Old 02-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
helps if you tell us what pen it is. i googled "silvery pen, with blunt tip and textured finger area" and came up empty
Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
helps if you tell us what pen it is. i googled "silvery pen, with blunt tip and textured finger area" and came up empty

Zebra m-701
Old 02-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
no. both of my pens are pretty old.

i suck ink out of a jar. old school. probably why i balked at the idea of taking notes it is an adventure filling twisting in a squirt of ink.

converters? are those ink cartridges?
that is a converter, give me a min and I will post a picture of one of mine. I usually have no problem filling mine as long as the bottle is on a flat surface. cartridges cost too much, if you fill your pen with bubbles rather than straight ink, you won't get near as much writing time, it took my quite a few tries to figure out how to get it right

and the zebras are awesome....I prefer the ones with the rubber grips like these

Zebra f-402...I can't find the pencils that are the same, I use to have some and loved them, but over time they disappeared....

Old 02-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #9
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Not for common everyday writing, but I have a set of
calligraphy fountain pens. They seem way to "scratchy" to do much writing with.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #10

ya, I don't have any caligraphy fountain pens, though i would like to get one (makes your writing look nice....they are a bit scratchy), these actually have a ball tip on the nib that makes the writing very smooth