sataco is on a distinguished road

Army: Infantry Scout then mechanic
sataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How do you like the losi crawlers?
they are actually pretty cool and capable little crawlers. after some mods
such as tires rims and chassis they are excellent. we have regular comps
to build up points for a chance for the nats. check out www.txrcrca.com
that's our local message board for crawling.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:58 AM   #42
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
I have been running the 1/32 Losi stadium style truck around the house all day, its raining outside and was bored, so i built some stupid jumps off the kitchen counter, well, yeah, broken control arm again, gotta get me a new one, LOL.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:36 AM   #43
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
Suggestions?

So I am looking to buy an R/C truck or buggy for me & my 10 & 7 year old boys. I have NO R/C experience, so I think that I should stay away from the gas motors, but am looking for suggestions. I would like to get something that is not going to be breaking all of the time, but also don't want an investment, just a toy. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:02 AM   #44
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
did you move a can of paint an inch or did you actually clean it??
lol.... actually cleaned and organized it...
Old 02-08-2009, 06:03 AM   #45
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Dang look at that Westin bull guard! Why did you get rid of that?
wow... that was a long time ago... lol

It was right before the home invasion -- had LT plans for the truck, so I got rid of some of the stuff on there...
Old 02-08-2009, 07:14 AM   #46
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppert View Post
So I am looking to buy an R/C truck or buggy for me & my 10 & 7 year old boys. I have NO R/C experience, so I think that I should stay away from the gas motors, but am looking for suggestions. I would like to get something that is not going to be breaking all of the time, but also don't want an investment, just a toy. Thanks in advance.
Are you planning on buying just one and sharing, or three for all you guys?
Old 02-08-2009, 07:37 AM   #47
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Are you planning on buying just one and sharing, or three for all you guys?
Just one for now. I want them to be able to "work" a little to put it all together and then enjoy the result of their hard work.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #48
trd_sport is on a distinguished road
trd_sport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppert View Post
Just one for now. I want them to be able to "work" a little to put it all together and then enjoy the result of their hard work.
I would actually say get the E-Revo
it has a training mode and can take a beating. seriously.
just make sure you get the high currency connectors.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #49
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trd_sport View Post
I would actually say get the E-Revo
it has a training mode and can take a beating. seriously.
just make sure you get the high currency connectors.
Yeah the E-Revo would be a good choice but I think it already comes pre-assembled. Oh and you might want to put into consideration that this is a pricey hobby to get into.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #50
Mall Krawler
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you both, I will look into it and the idea is if they really enjoy it they can save up for their own. (wishful thinking i know).
Old 02-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #51
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
do they still make an E-Maxx? That thing was hella fun back in the day, you used to could get it in RTR form. I would look into that, that thing is big, and can take a beating, but is still fast and versitile enough to have a blast anywahere.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:38 PM   #52
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D. View Post
do they still make an E-Maxx? That thing was hella fun back in the day, you used to could get it in RTR form. I would look into that, that thing is big, and can take a beating, but is still fast and versitile enough to have a blast anywahere.
Nah i think the E-Revo took it over
Old 02-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #53
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
lol.... actually cleaned and organized it...
Alright thats what i like to hear
Old 02-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #54
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Alright thats what i like to hear
lol... was out there today.. it looks good...
Old 02-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #55
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I bet. Nothing better than a clean workbench.... Where you can actually find your stuff
Old 02-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #56
trd_sport is on a distinguished road
trd_sport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D. View Post
yeah they just redesigned it

http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec..._emaxx3905.htm
Old 02-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #57
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Oh dang i didnt see the E-Maxx the last time i was on their site...
Old 02-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #58
Desert Riding Ninja

A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Yeah E-Maxx is a great truck for beginners and pro's. Its tough enough to take a beating from those who have trouble landing it where they want it, and its highly upgradeable, since everyone and their brother makes parts for it.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #59
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
But Traxxas are so superior. Tacoma to Ranger you really dont have to upgrade them to make them better
Old 02-08-2009, 07:11 PM   #60
Mean Big Brother
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eborgie
I have a jato 3.3 and it is extremely fast. Ill take some pics next time its out

Products Discussed in this Thread