Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Anyone into R/C?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #9741
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Well this thread make me want to dust off my old RC10GT's. I have 2 blown motors and my wife would kill me if I tried to rebuild, so I will not be doing that.
Curious, how much would 2 rolling chassis with blown motors and no electronics go for?
Old 05-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #9742
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
05tundra13's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking about picking up a Team Associated SC10 4x4 1/10 Scale RTR Brushless 4WD Short Course Truck. good truck?
Old 05-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #9743
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05tundra13 View Post
Thinking about picking up a Team Associated SC10 4x4 1/10 Scale RTR Brushless 4WD Short Course Truck. good truck?
Yes. A lot of people complain of the steering being verryyy touchy. Also it is a belt driven 4wd with 2 transmissions so it is very tedious to work on. People say that they are the best choice for indoor tracks. Very light and agile.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #9744
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
Yes. A lot of people complain of the steering being verryyy touchy. Also it is a belt driven 4wd with 2 transmissions so it is very tedious to work on. People say that they are the best choice for indoor tracks. Very light and agile.
by tedious what do you mean exactly? can the steering be dialed in so its not that touchy? what would be another good option for a different truck the slash?
ill be using it for outdoor tracks.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #9745
UnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
UnGreased Fist's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't waste your money on the rtr

Get the factory team kit and put your own electronics on it

My friend bought the rtr and broke everything so many times he just bought the factory team kit and switched over his electronics and hasnt had a single issue now
Old 05-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #9746

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnGreased Fist View Post
Don't waste your money on the rtr

Get the factory team kit and put your own electronics on it

My friend bought the rtr and broke everything so many times he just bought the factory team kit and switched over his electronics and hasnt had a single issue now
what did he keep breaking? i might get the kit version...im just not to knowledgeable on the electronics yet.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #9747
UnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnGreased Fist is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
what did he keep breaking? i might get the kit version...im just not to knowledgeable on the electronics yet.
CVD, diffs keep giving him problems. He'd be lucky to get 1 lap in before something came loose or snapped. Think he broke a few a arms. The factory team kit is way more heavy duty. Just seams better quality. The reedy motor in the rtr is OK but it gets real hot quick. He's got a 550 4poll momba motor in it now and on 2s. It gets warm but that's about it

I've been thinking about getting a b4.2 buggy to smoke him on his own track ha. My slash is faster than his truck. His just handles better and is smoother
Old 05-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #9748
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
by tedious what do you mean exactly? can the steering be dialed in so its not that touchy? what would be another good option for a different truck the slash?
ill be using it for outdoor tracks.
The steering can be "detuned" but lots of reviews say overall the truck is very hard to get dialed in.

I have a slash and while it's not the ideal racer, I LOVE mine. I beat the ever living snot out of mine and it just takes it. I've got mine setup pretty good and am looking to pick up the new lcg chassis and upgrade the shocks and I should be able to be pretty competitive.

A popular choice for out door tracks is the losi scte. They look like a well built truck. Aluminum chassis, aluminum big bore shocks, beefy arms. My dad just bought one but I haven't had a chance to drive it yet so I can't speak from experience.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #9749

Quote:
CVD, diffs keep giving him problems. He'd be lucky to get 1 lap in before something came loose or snapped. Think he broke a few a arms. The factory team kit is way more heavy duty. Just seams better quality. The reedy motor in the rtr is OK but it gets real hot quick. He's got a 550 4poll momba motor in it now and on 2s. It gets warm but that's about it

I've been thinking about getting a b4.2 buggy to smoke him on his own track ha. My slash is faster than his truck. His just handles better and is smoother
I think I found your problem! lol Haha I just picked up a tekin 4.5t sc4x and a mamba max pro for my slash. Super smooth and sooo much more power than the stock vxl. Best part, I only payed $125 for the combo and sold my velineon for $100
Old 05-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #9750

Quote:
I think I found your problem! lol Haha I just picked up a tekin 4.5t sc4x and a mamba max pro for my slash. Super smooth and sooo much more power than the stock vxl. Best part, I only payed $125 for the combo and sold my velineon for $100
I've got a mmp set up. Running it on 3's and it fly's and is way smoother than the vxl system. My slash is fully built not much more I can do to it. It just don't turn or jump like the team a or losi trucks

Next time I'm at my friends I'll take a pic of the progress we have made on the track. Its come alone away in a month
Old 05-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #9751

i pulled the trigger and got the TA sc10. should be here by next week. my buddy has one and he mashes it and it seems to old up. ill look into some hop ups for it possibly to keep that engine cooler like you said it gets hot.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #9752

Quote:
i pulled the trigger and got the TA sc10. should be here by next week. my buddy has one and he mashes it and it seems to old up. ill look into some hop ups for it possibly to keep that engine cooler like you said it gets hot.
Ha 550can 4poll with a low kV. And you don't have to worry about heat issues so much. I run mine on 3s and it never gets hoter than 128
Old 05-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #9753

Quote:
Ha 550can 4poll with a low kV. And you don't have to worry about heat issues so much. I run mine on 3s and it never gets hoter than 128
your saying change the motor and put the one in?
Old 05-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #9754

Quote:
your saying change the motor and put the one in?
If you don't want to deal with heat issues but more power more problems
Old 05-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #9755

Quote:
If you don't want to deal with heat issues but more power more problems
Ha you got that right.. One of the reasons I sold my 3 cell
Old 05-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #9756

got the losi to the track today had some fun with it. still learning how to tune it properly. it was fast but slow off the start and it took a while to get up to speed and when it did it wouldn't back down off the throttle, also i went through a rim, the inner part that hold it on to the axle was a complete circle it had lost all its grip and would just spin freely. i only had 3 wheels working by the end of the day. time to pick up a new set.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #9757

Quote:
got the losi to the track today had some fun with it. still learning how to tune it properly. it was fast but slow off the start and it took a while to get up to speed and when it did it wouldn't back down off the throttle, also i went through a rim, the inner part that hold it on to the axle was a complete circle it had lost all its grip and would just spin freely. i only had 3 wheels working by the end of the day. time to pick up a new set.
Get some aluminum hexes and make it a habit to retighten the wheel nuts. Aluminum hexes are expensive but worth it. I have them on my crawler and my slash.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:08 AM   #9758

Quote:
Get some aluminum hexes and make it a habit to retighten the wheel nuts. Aluminum hexes are expensive but worth it. I have them on my crawler and my slash.
Thanks for the info ill look into them.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:13 AM   #9759
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
You need somethin like this
Old 05-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #9760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonkey View Post
You need somethin like this
For the hubs correct??

Products Discussed in this Thread